Mafia Game 48- It's over

House Dondarrion

Certain? Didn't the day end allready?

From the "day starting" post:

It is Day 1. Time limit will end at 02:30 PST on Sunday, March 2.

That was 8-9 minutes ago, I think. Though I might be wrong...

ETA: I might be dead. I guess this really is saved by the bell? :-\ That is, if I didn't die.

“Ugh, like, my heel broke and I think I’m getting a blister,†said Frey, holding up the corpse of a turquoise stiletto. “Hey, what’s going on? Why is everyone walking so quickly? Wait up!†She stumbled on after the crowd.

“I don’t like you, and I don’t like the way you talk,†said Blackwood.

“The feeling is mutual,†said Frey, with an eyeroll.

“Look, it’s part of the plane wreckage!†shouted John Blackfyre, pointing ahead. In the trees hung part of a burnt wing. A few bodies were scattered on the ground. Crakehall began to sort through pieces of debris randomly, looking for fishing gear, and soon after, Tyrell, Stark and Bolton joined him. “That looks productive,†observed Frey.

“I have a secret,†whispered Dayne. “I saw Martell and Tully in the airplane bathroom together. I bet they were plotting our deaths. Or….well….you know.†He leered suggestively.

“Hey now,†said Martell. “Just because Tully’s not my wife or lover doesn’t mean he’s not a she. I never said that.â€

“That’s exactly what I mean!†crowed Dayne triumphantly while Bolton gave a withering death glare.

“Shut up, Dayne,†said Bolton. “And everyone knows I’m sorting through the debris more productively than you. Don’t you care if we find these lost children? Quit your idiotic gender confusion arguments and help us find weapons or something in this luggage.â€

“Yeah,†chimed in Baratheon. “I mean, yeah Bolton. I think Dayne has a point about Martell.â€

The bickering continued for a while. “You know what I fucking hate?†said Tully. “Quiet people. I can’t wait to get off this island full of quiet killers.â€

“You’re right,†said Reed, a teenager in a Star Wars t-shirt. “And everyone else is an idiot. Why are you all sorting through debris from a plane looking to find weapons? Your focus is all wrong. But I bet killers are quiet.â€

He looked around. “Like Greyjoy there. He’s not pulling his weight. There’s one thing I hate in this world, and it’s idiots and quiet people. Or two things: idiots, quiet people, and these goddamn mosquitos. Also, counting. I can only count to sixteen, and I find that sort of difficult as it is. We need to reduce the number of people here, is what it comes down to.â€

The other survivors, tired after a long and humid day, nodded to themselves.

“Is that a consensus then? All right, let’s kill Greyjoy. One less mouth to feed may buy us some extra time in case the ship is late,†said John Blackfyre. He pulls out a gun and aims it at Greyjoy.

“Don’t kill me!†stammered Greyjoy. “I’m sick…but not in a contagious way, I swear.â€

“Is that so?†mused Blackfyre as he shot Greyjoy. “Too bad I’m a crazy bastard who likes to kill people to retain his command of the masses, eh?â€

SPOILER: Flashback:
Greyjoy straightened the last book on a shelf in his modern, polished apartment in Hong Kong. He listened intently to an earpiece attached to his cell phone with a cord, wordlessly nodding. In the closet, the man took out a blue Hawaiian shirt and khaki pants and folded them into an overnight bag, then moved to the table and glanced at his ticket and a document entitled “Oceanic Flight 48- Passenger Manifestâ€, mmming to himself. “Yes, Ben, I understand,†he said, then pressed the button to disconnect the call. Almost as an afterthought, he reached into the closet and slid out a carbon-composite blade, placing this in his briefcase.

Greyjoy (GardenGnome) has been lynched. He was one of the Others.

I'm really sorry for my long absence but there's a hurricane called Emma in Europe. Due to it I've enjoyed a fair share of power shortages recently and it might not be over but I'll try to post more.

Woot, one Other down!! It was really lucky but incredible the same!!!I have a lot of catch-up (some 10 pages or so) and I promise to post my thoughts here later. So far one thing made me stop for a while: nobody really tried to defend Greyjoy. I have a feeling that his partners simply joined the lynch and sacrificed him to save their skin but of course, without a thorough analysis of posts, I have no proof. Consider it just a theory. It would mean, in my opinion, that the Others are fairly experienced players and really clever guys. It could also mean that Greyjoy had a bad luck and all his partners are/were fairly inactive. Plenty to think about.

*dances a happy dance*

This was random.

This was lucky.

This was almost nonsensical.

I have no credit.

And yet, I'm so proud.

Lucky?

I guess not!

Greyjoy was part of a list of players that fit the FM pattern in a three faction game.

Flashback:

Tully:

I finished my reread, but I have to admit that it was more like skimming the thread. I saw lots of opinions, and having an opinion is always a fine thing. That's why I'm less suspicious of people like Baratheon, Martell, Frey, Bolton, Dayne and Lannister. My concern lays on those people who have avoided to produce an opinion so far. I'd like to pick one player f this list here.

House Arryn / 8 posts

House Reed / 8 posts

House Blackwood / 8 posts

House Greyjoy / 6 posts

House Manderly / 6 posts

Greyjoy has been evil. Arryn and Reed have posted contributions. We are left with Blackwood and Manderly, and Stark and Crakehall who are having internet issues. Tyrell is also a bit shady. And everyone who prefered a Dayne lynch over Greyjoy, of course.

Look, Tully, narrowing your suspect list like that is wrong and potentially dangerous. We have 3 FM. Maybe one of them is roled, maybe not. I'm certain of the number, because it's a sympless game. We found one among the low-posters. Why are you sure that the other two would be playing the same?

And yeah, I'll call this lynch extremely lucky again. He was a low-poster. No content. Case was made on one post. Only some people not liking the Dayne case, and the terrible time schedule of the end of day, led to the lynch. Lucky? Indeed.

Lucky?

I guess not!

Greyjoy was part of a list of players that fit the FM pattern in a three faction game.

I agree with this, but also think it was rather lucky. It can be both, after all there were 5 players to pick from. I am glad the luck was on our side :)

It will be very interesting to see how the day shapes up. Since I don't have to work today, I should be here for most of it.

I'm sorry I wasn't around to post much yesterday. I'm afraid the same will hold true for today as well... really sorry guys.

Glad to see we got a FM day one again. I have to agree sticking to the Cerwyn's bible suspects will probably yield the innocents the best results even if I happen to fall into that category.

Now let's have a look at the vote counts:

Let's start with this one here, approx. three hours before the day ended:

It is day 1.

17 players remain: Arryn, Baratheon, Blackwood, Bolton, Crakehall, Dayne, Frey, Greyjoy, Lannister, Manderly, Martell, Reed, Stark, Swann, Tully, Tyrell, Westerling.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

6 votes for Greyjoy (Reed, Baratheon, Bolton, Dayne, Martell, Tully)

5 votes for Dayne (Lannister, Swann, Arryn, Manderly, Frey)

2 votes for Frey (Westerling, Blackwood)

2 votes for Tully (Crakehall, Stark)

1 vote for Martell (Greyjoy)

1 players have not voted: Tyrell.

2:52 left

Players who have been until the end of the day:

Manderly, Lannister, Westerling, Martell and Greyjoy himself.

Greyjoy votes for Dayne, of course and makes it a 6 vs 6 tie.

Lannister starts to defend Greyjoy in post 404, but signals that he is willing to change if neccessary. He admits that his post does sound scummy, and he is right. Lannister still could be Greyjoys partner, even after he helped to lynch him.

Westerling is wavering over who to lynch, saying:

I know...

But if I make a wrong decision, then I'm next.

I'll reread their posts and then I'll maybe decide.

Why should he be the next? ANd why does it take him only three mintes to reread both Greyjoy's and Dayne's posts, plus writing another post? Votes for Dayne. This makes Westerling still a part of our suspect pool.

Manderly and Lannister both switch to Greyjoy. Manderly sounds genuine, Lannister to a lesser extent. Westerling finally hammers Greyjoy.

Final vote count:

9 votes for Greyjoy (Reed, Baratheon, Bolton, Dayne, Martell, Tully, Manderly, Lannister, Westerling)

4 votes for Dayne (Swann, Arryn, Frey, Greyjoy)

2 votes for Tully (Crakehall, Stark)

1 votes for Frey ( Blackwood)

1 players has not voted: Tyrell.

Players who are looking quite good now:

Reed, Baratheon, Bolton, Martell and Tully. Manderly, too.

I have to check yet if Baratheon and Bolton have been here when the mob on Greyjoy began to rise.

Gnome, I wish you all the best, good to see you here again! :grouphug:

Bolton, if I were you I wouldn't "give a fuck" on Cerwyn's bible. Let me explain my reasoning to you:
my point is that i was never around during Cerwyn's Bible, I never read it nor did anyone explain the contents of it. so why would I care about it? I play my game based on my thouhts, not someone elses from 20 games ago even if they are mostly right.

Now, let me say why I think that the Cultist would be among the less noticeable players. In this 3-sided game, all the Cultist has to do is wait and try to survive as long as they could. It's basically perserving their own skin. Although they gain new supporters, they are the only ones with the ability to convert. And trying to lynch a FM on day one, and acting like an innocent? Okay, I'll buy it. But the Cult needs the FM to help them win by kiling innocents. The FM have asolutely no use of the Cult, and would immediately tried to kill them, and get rid of a faction early in the game. So, a Cultist being active early in the game would have to avoid being suspicious whatsoever, because they can't afford even a possibility of being lynched. And, they shouldn't throw suspects around, or make themselves PI, because they would become a possible night kill target. Why bother with that, when they can just lay low, while their strength grows? I feel that the Cultist can be found among the low posters, and people who posted, but said nothing.

Archived