BWB Scotland Christmas party reports

mormont

Has Mrs's Zak's speech ready prepared in event of said emergency...

Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,

O, what a panic's in thy breastie!

Thou need na start awa sae hasty,

Wi' bickering brattle!

I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee,

Wi' murd'ring pattle!

Oh, and we do dances like 'Strip the Willo' and 'The Gay Gordons'

''the object of the dancin' needle-style is usually to see who can fling their partner hard enough to break things/them/the floor''

Easy! I nose-dived ms zak head-first directly into the floor at the last ceildh i was at. Cue stunned gasp of horror from the crowd and everyone dancing very carefully with me for the rest of the night

''the object of the dancin' needle-style is usually to see who can fling their partner hard enough to break things/them/the floor''

Easy! I nose-dived ms zak head-first directly into the floor at the last ceildh i was at. Cue stunned gasp of horror from the crowd and everyone dancing very carefully with me for the rest of the night

And after I gave you an example of Ceildh perfection at Glasgow as well :o

If you folks can get a January date sorted I can start trying to persude herself to allow me to attend.

PS. 00Zollo on Burns Night, that one has legs :lol:

It is a meta-physical struggle of the genders to outwit, out-manoevere and embarrass the other

Notice, at no point did he say out-dance...

Zak, I appoint you MoC for finding out where a good burns supper with dancin' and stuff is to be held. this sounds like a plan.

There are scottish country dancers in the BwB? And there'll be a celidh and Burn's night?

*is amazed*

Any chance I might be allowed to come even though I'm just a stupid newbie? I'd try to bribe you with cookies and good whisky, but I suppose you have plenty of that yourself..

:) Please?

hate to interrupt the Haggis lovefest, but I've got a question for the folk going to the xmas bash...

i'm thinking of preparing some form of food for the part and would be grateful if people could let me know about any dietary restrictions/allergies/vegitarianism etc

cheers

and now back to the haggis lovin'...

Hadn't noticed this thread was active so apologies for going back a bit! I was thinking of bringing some of my granny's recipe home made Atholl brose (whiskey, oats, honey, cream) very potent but an acquired taste :D If anyone's got any allergies to these things let me know in advance before I try forcing it on you when in a drunken state telling you how its the best Scottish invention ever :cheers:

You'd be welcome, Derf. PM me if you need any details.

The party wouldn't be until the evening of the 27th, and the train from Glasgow is only a couple of hours, so it's really only the 28th you need off, if you can get away at a reasonable hour...

Actually, mormy, i'm thinking Sat the 28th might be better. If folks want to come from a bit further afied, at least they don't have to take an afternoon off work to do it.

(just contemplating maybe actually really having a real job by then)

Archived