Chicagoland Peeps - READ THIS

[quote name='The Wedge' post='1505045' date='Sep 3 2008, 20.00']If you're thinking NW 'burbs along a train line, [url="http://www.emmettstavern.com"]Emmett's Tavern[/url] just reopened their [url="http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=110+North+Brockway+Street&city=palatine&state=il&zipcode=60067"]Palatine location[/url] right near a Metra station. The brewmaster Ryan Clooney makes awesome beer.[/quote]

Isn't that near Dirty Nellie's? There's another bar right near there, who's name I'll have to look up the name, that wasn't bad. For all I know, it's the same one. It looks to be about the same spot on that map, Wedge.

I'm still in... if we do it on the 17th, and its in the burbs, I will have to get from my burbs, back into the city, then out to the other burbs... just a time factor is all... Anybody interested in a Rush Street Pub Crawl?

And Ben you are more than welcome to stay on my couch.

[quote name='Ser Lucky Pierre' post='1518619' date='Sep 15 2008, 11.49']I'm still in... if we do it on the 17th, and its in the burbs, I will have to get from my burbs, back into the city, then out to the other burbs... just a time factor is all... Anybody interested in a Rush Street Pub Crawl?[/quote]

I'll be researching bars this weekend (mostly Wrigleyville) during my brother's bachelor party.

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1522848' date='Sep 18 2008, 08.59']I'll be researching bars this weekend (mostly Wrigleyville) during my brother's bachelor party.[/quote]

Course there may be some ball games going on around that time would keep those bars pretty full... ;)

LP, thanks for the offer!

Okay, my parents have expressed an interest in a trip to Chicago next month (a family tradition) so now I'm thinking of killing two birds with one stone. I'd be available in the evening to meet up so now problem there. The hotel would be out in the suburbs so a 'burb meet up would be easier for me though I'm sure I find a way to get downtown. We're still planning something for Friday night right? Any ideas as to times and how long you guys would like to stay out?

OK, so I've made my flight plans to/from Orlando/Chicago between now and then so that I will be in Chicago for our BWB Weekend on 10/17.

So make it happen folks!

I'll pick the Elephant and Castle pubs... they have a lot of room... Now - which one? There is a [url="http://www.elephantcastle.com/content/locations/chicago_n_wabash_ave"]new location r[/url]ight in the loop-close to Clark/Lake where all the Trains converge-including the Red line and the Blue Lines. Plus it's an easy walk (or quick cab) from Ogilvie or Union Station if you are coming in on a Metra Train.

[quote name='Ser Lucky Pierre' post='1530463' date='Sep 24 2008, 19.35']I'll pick the Elephant and Castle pubs... they have a lot of room... Now - which one? There is a [url="http://www.elephantcastle.com/content/locations/chicago_n_wabash_ave"]new location r[/url]ight in the loop-close to Clark/Lake where all the Trains converge-including the Red line and the Blue Lines. Plus it's an easy walk (or quick cab) from Ogilvie or Union Station if you are coming in on a Metra Train.[/quote]

I'm fine with that.

Are we going with Friday for certain? Or Saturday? Either way, I'm fine. Let's build this thing!

[quote name='Ser Lucky Pierre' post='1530463' date='Sep 24 2008, 19.35']OK, so I've made my flight plans to/from Orlando/Chicago between now and then so that I will be in Chicago for our BWB Weekend on 10/17.

So make it happen folks!

I'll pick the Elephant and Castle pubs... they have a lot of room... Now - which one? There is a [url="http://www.elephantcastle.com/content/locations/chicago_n_wabash_ave"]new location r[/url]ight in the loop-close to Clark/Lake where all the Trains converge-including the Red line and the Blue Lines. Plus it's an easy walk (or quick cab) from Ogilvie or Union Station if you are coming in on a Metra Train.[/quote]
Awesome. This works for me too. I've never been to any of the Elephant and Castle pubs, so I'm excited!

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to bow out. We're a little short on personnel at work so I'm not going to be able to make it to the meet-up. Sorry guys! Hopefully next time.

[quote name='beniowa' post='1543784' date='Oct 5 2008, 22.37']Well, it looks like I'm going to have to bow out. We're a little short on personnel at work so I'm not going to be able to make it to the meet-up. Sorry guys! Hopefully next time.[/quote]

:(

And just to clarify my earlier post from my phone. 7ish on the 17th works????

[quote name='Ser Lucky Pierre' post='1545378' date='Oct 6 2008, 21.15']:(

And just to clarify my earlier post from my phone. 7ish on the 17th works????[/quote]

Correct.

Sorry you can't make it, Ben.

So is it just you and me then, LP?

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1545388' date='Oct 6 2008, 20.20']Correct.

Sorry you can't make it, Ben.

So is it just you and me then, LP?[/quote]

Add-On too!

I was hoping MJS would come up for it too.. I'll put some pressure on him...

[quote name='Ser Lucky Pierre' post='1547748' date='Oct 8 2008, 08.55']Add-On too!

I was hoping MJS would come up for it too.. I'll put some pressure on him...[/quote]

Tyring to get Whiskey in too, but he hasn't said much about it.

There's gotta be more of us, right? :P

Archived