Chicagoland Peeps - READ THIS

Alguien, I think you'd have a better chance of getting an accurate report if the HBO event had it's own BwB thread. The only reason many of us even knew about this was because of Lady Narcissa, who spread the word via PM. Of course, you could always put an announcement in the Show Forum and see how fast the thread fills up with shrieking. :laugh:

I think part of the problem is the topic description for this post refers to an event some October back at Elephant & Castle.

Jaxom, since you originated this thread, is there any way you can edit the topic description and change it to reference the HBO GOT event? (Or can a moderator do this for us?) That would probably get more people to notice.

Thanks for changing the thread subtitle Ran!

Also, thank you for sending those PM's lady narcissa!

I had considered creating a separate thread for the event as Luga suggested, or posting in the HBO thread, but I'm still waiting to hear back from the HBO rep on what kind of numbers she's interested in.

Thanks Ran, and yes, I sent a PM to SwordoftheMorning. Also, the Wedge. Everyone else I PM'd has already responded. Those are all the Chicagoland people I can think of that I've noticed on this board.

Thanks for the PM. Thanks to Trebla, too, for shooting me a note. I've been on an internet forums hiatus as of late, but apparenty my PM's here forward to my e-mail, so I got the shout outs.

Yeah, count me in for a screening. Any idea of dates/times?

My office closed as well. Definitely thought of the Stark motto as my roommate and I went out onto the patio during the storm last and took some video. We could barely see the lake and definitely saw thunder and lightening!

ps. no word back from HBO as of this morning

Just another update. I heard back again from the HBO rep and she confirmed that they are having a screening in Chicago and we're definitely invited.

She says she will have a better idea of numbers after HBO has finished a site survey for the event and she'll contact me as soon as she knows.

So far, I have an informal list of BwB members who've responded. Once I have a better idea about numbers and if we're allowed to invite guests, I'll work on putting together a contact spreadsheet for her.

Just another update. I heard back again from the HBO rep and she confirmed that they are having a screening in Chicago and we're definitely invited.

She says she will have a better idea of numbers after HBO has finished a site survey for the event and she'll contact me as soon as she knows.

So far, I have an informal list of BwB members who've responded. Once I have a better idea about numbers and if we're allowed to invite guests, I'll work on putting together a contact spreadsheet for her.

Sweet news. Let us know if there's anything else we need to do. And maybe we need to think about a "pre-show gathering location"?

And maybe we need to think about a "pre-show gathering location"?

We should definitely do something. Although it seems really hard to make any plans at this moment when we have no idea where the screening might be. If its a big screening I imagine it would have to be a place like a movie theater. But if its just a small group I guess they could do it in any number of places. Meanwhile, I hate waiting, I want to know now! LOL.

Ahhhhhhh my brain is asploding from the anticipation!

Sweet news. Let us know if there's anything else we need to do. And maybe we need to think about a "pre-show gathering location"?

If this is an open invitation, I'd be happy to join as well!

Archived