Goodkind XXXIX: Legend of the Yeard

Myshkin

If they did (and I have no knowledge of such a thing) I doubt it would be for the same reasons as modern-day hippies. If peasants in the middle ages were to protest against war I would imagine it would regard the conscription of their children. I wouldn't imagine that "give peace a chance" would be their top priority.

eta: assuming that a peasant protest against a war wouldn't just lead to a horrible end for them, which it probably would.

Though of course in Soul of the Fire the hippie protest is orchestrated by the Clinton, er, I mean the Ander government.

[quote name='The Wolf Maid' post='1467190' date='Aug 3 2008, 21.47']:lmao:

Also, a quick question on the peace rally, assuming SoT was set during/similar to the Middle Ages, were there peace rallies then? I know peasants or the common folk revolted or protested againts taxes, but against war?[/quote]

Strange, I never thought of SoT being in the Middle Ages...I always thought it was a fantasy place where magic was real and there inquisitions were carried out by very sexy women in tight red leather pant suits...

True, those are add-ons. The others being that every ism other than Objectivism is promoted by a sadistic retard. And there are a lot of violent and vocal hippies. And evil chickens, and, well, the list goes on.

[quote name='The Wolf Maid' post='1467190' date='Aug 3 2008, 21.47']:lmao:

Also, a quick question on the peace rally, assuming SoT was set during/similar to the Middle Ages, were there peace rallies then? I know peasants or the common folk revolted or protested againts taxes, but against war?[/quote]

A friend is a Middle Ages scholar. Will have some information/citations in response to your question shortly.

[quote name='Ilya Popov' post='1467332' date='Aug 4 2008, 02.20']A friend is a Middle Ages scholar. Will have some information/citations in response to your question shortly.[/quote]
Do we really need to cite experts to demonstrate that the Yeard is a shit-head? Well, it can't hurt.

[quote name='Ilya Popov' post='1467685' date='Aug 4 2008, 11.37']They have education on their side.[/quote]

Exactly, and as our good friend Tairy warned us, the Universities are some of the most disturbing and dangerous places on earth. no right-minded, trustworthy individual would ever go to one.

I once dug inside a university library and found, EGADS, a book, that was not written by Terry Goodkind OR Ayn Rand!

But not just any book mind, it was a NON-EUCLIDEAN version of THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO.

I have not been able to look at universities the same again. I figure Tairy must have had the same experience.

Universities are the most mentally opressive places known to man. They were invented as a means to shut down reasonable thought.
This was in a TG interviewy thingy but I can't remember which one.

[quote name='Foreverlad' post='1466301' date='Aug 2 2008, 10.24']You can find the entire interview [url="http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.com/2007/12/interview-with-terry-goodkind.html"]here[/url]

The river discussion is a little over halfway down the page.[/quote]

To be fair I have not found anything about not jumping to avoid being wet... I only skimmed through the whole thing but he seems to say that you should not be forced to jump in a lake if you don't want to risk your life, and there's nothing outrageous about that.

Tairy is a moron with a shit philosophy, we have plenty of material to criticize him. No need to invent them, as far as I'm concerned. (Unless I just missed it, in which case you can ignore this.)

This part of the interview was funny, as in "LOL irony" funny (I'm certain there are better gems but this is one I spotted by skimming the drowning discussion):

[quote]Yes. See, you're getting into really esoteric areas of philosophy, and the problem is, collectivists use those arguments to take you off track. [b]They use extreme examples that are never going to happen in your life[/b][/quote]

Cognitive dissonance ist krieg.

[quote name='The Shining Enigma' post='1469438' date='Aug 5 2008, 22.16'][font="Book Antiqua"][size=3]Remember Pita: at not all stages of your life will such a benign and learned instructor be present to guide you in Truth. [/size][/font][/quote]
Ill take my chances.

[quote]To be fair I have not found anything about not jumping to avoid being wet... I only skimmed through the whole thing but he seems to say that you should not be forced to jump in a lake if you don't want to risk your life, and there's nothing outrageous about that.[/quote]

The outrageous part is the part you already highlighted. The world isnt black and white, so those examples are moronic. The way he puts it you dont even should have to call a resque brigade or something, let alone jump in the water if you dont like to get your clothes wet.

[quote]Important Human Themes should be changed to Important Human Tits. IHT for short.
Anyone second my democratically nominated motion?[/quote]

Thats your own little fancy, Pita.

[quote name='The Shining Enigma' post='1469438' date='Aug 5 2008, 15.16'][font="Book Antiqua"][size=3]Remember Pita: at not all stages of your life will such a benign and learned instructor be present to guide you in Truth. [/size][/font][/quote]
Yet more proof that you are me. I HAVE UNCOVERED YOUR SECRET!
[quote name='Exa Inova']Thats your own little fancy, Pita.[/quote]
We've been using the boobies theme ever since before I joined in!
We must all embrace the idea!

[quote name='The Pita Enigma' post='1470014' date='Aug 6 2008, 13.45']We've been using the boobies theme ever since before I joined in!
We must all embrace the idea![/quote]
Hmmm, dunno....Im more of a travelling pants kind of guy myself...

Archived