Goodkind XXXX: Quest for the yeard

Andhaira

Certainly you can make that assumption, I'm only saying that people (quite a few) in the books have direct contact with the Keeper, to the point of working on his behalf and making deals with him (and suffering the consequences of screwing up). The same cannot be said of the Creator. However there is evidence of "good spirits", whatever that might mean.

When Dick was in the Temple of the Winds (or whatever place) and finally was a true war wizard and knew how to use his powers, he met Denna (was it?) and she sacrificed herself on his behalf by going to the keeper. Wasnt she heading to the Creator prior to her sacrifice?

For me this is important because by putting the IO on a place without magic and without Creator or Keeper not only did he put the IO beyond the reach of the 2 deities but his powers have actually grown beyond the actual creators of his reality. He is not a God, he's beyond Godness.

Dick is his own reality. Or as an equation: [b]Reality is dick.[/b]

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1561439' date='Oct 20 2008, 10.34']He's gotta be taller in general because you can't be a Hollywood pretty boy and not be at least 6 foot. But in the clip he didn't seem so tall.

As to his fury? Let's hope it's coiling, because he ain't showin' his cards as to what he really is when he's introduced. :P[/quote]
Tom Cruise. Maybe they'll get Horner a box to act on.

Allow me to point out that some members of the church of lemming are debating the finer points of the plot, physics, theology and reality of Tairyland. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, but the road to Madness is paved with Goodkind. Pull back from the brink! Yeardii doesn't bother with continuity or logic, why should we do the work for him?

Anyone who understands Hollywood (or Zeallywood in this case?), what's the deal with producers? There's like, 6 of them, does that many guarantee bitter disputes over creative control, possibly slap fights? Oh sweet special features, please contain a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon_Wars_Part_II"]Cartoon Wars Part II[/url]-style sissy-fight between Yeardii and Raimi. If there is any justice in the world, there will be a sissy-fight between Goodkind and Raimi.

Oh, and "[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Legend_of_the_Seeker&diff=next&oldid=228398810"]Trailor[/url]". Someone needs to remove the official website from the current page too.

[quote name='WLU' post='1563749' date='Oct 22 2008, 17.10']Allow me to point out that some members of the church of lemming are debating the finer points of the plot, physics, theology and reality of Tairyland. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, but the road to Madness is paved with Goodkind. Pull back from the brink! Yeardii doesn't bother with continuity or logic, why should we do the work for him?[/quote]
Tough I walk through the valley of the Yeard I shall fear no chicken.
No need for worries fellow lemming. But as Grand Inquisitor I feel it my duty to point out that even in his greatest moment of altruism Dick fails to deliver in giving the IO what they want. I can not have Dicky boy receive praise for something he didnt do.

[quote name='The Wolf Maid' post='1564680' date='Oct 23 2008, 15.51']Hey, does anyone know how many days it is before the SoT premier? It's still for November, yes?[/quote]

[url="http://www.terrygoodkind.com/forums/"]http://www.terrygoodkind.com/forums/[/url]

Top of the page, there's a COUNTDOWN!

This is from his asterisk. Apparently the trailers were lies and the entire thing was filmed in a single large building. :D Gotta love that loon.
[quote]All because this is a story about Hero's...TRUE heros!. Heroic people acting in a manor that underscores the true Nobility that is mankind. It proves what Goodkind has been telling us for over 15 years now... People want heros... TRUE Heros. This is the same thing Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert Ned Nallie, ABC and Disney all agree on... This is why you see something like George R R Martin's A song of Ice and Fire always failing by comparison, why it is still sitting on the shelf, why the screen play has had to have been rewritten several times already, and it is still sitting there... It has no true hero's and no honor for life... People want to feel good about their heros, they want Heros, they can believe in!!![/quote]

Essentially, "Legend of the Seeker" is going to be a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telenovela"]Telenovela[/url], a soap opera on a very low quality level.

[quote name='Wikipedia']Patricio Wills, head of development at Telemundo, jokingly described the basic format of telenovelas thus:

"[b]The plot is always the same[/b]. In the first three minutes of the first episode the viewer already knows the novela will end with that same couple kissing each other. A telenovela is all about a couple who wants to kiss and a scriptwriter who stands in their way for 150 episodes.[/quote]

"Seeker" is going to be a telenovela, with the only distinguishable difference that it's not a scriptwriter standing in the way but an endless series of almost-rapes, endless speeches and a little pseudo-philosophical drivel.

It should be considered ironical that a book series that claims to be about "important human themes" ends up in the lowest possible TV format.

Btw, if that is what would happen to a possible ASOIAF TV series I'd much rather not see it adapted to TV.

Hey, I thought you may find this amusing. This happened to me earlier today.

We've got a work experience lad with us at the moment. You know what they are like, its very hard to get three words out of them. However I guess we found something he's passionate about.

Well I walked in the middle of the conversation but co-worker said "You should ask [insert real name here], she reads fantasy"

Work experience lad (voice thick with disdain) "There not [i]Fantasy[/i] they are full of real issues about real themes in the real world. You know the important human ones that really matter"

Co-worker "oh"

Work experience Lad "they kind of offer guidance, and how you should approach any situation in life. And how to be a good decisive person. I'll lend you the first one if you like"

Awkward silence in the entire office.

Co-worker, "Hey [insert real name here] Have you read any Te"

Me "I don't feed the Yeard"

Work experience Lad goes bright red "I wouldn't soil my books on a lemming!"

We have another two weeks with this Lad, But I guess I won't be babysitting him. I kind of feel bad for upsetting him. I haven't actually read any Tiary (apart from a few extracts) so I am relying on you guys for advise.

Given that I have somehow insulted and upset this poor 14 year old, on my beliefs regarding acceptable reading material. What would Richard do in my situation? Try to pacify the poor misguided lad the next time I see him and try to make him feel better? Or should I just Kick him in the jaw? Or is there some other appropriate response? I just want to make him feel better that I know what Richard would do and can apply it. Follow the rules he respects.

[quote name='Pebble that Hides' post='1566556' date='Oct 24 2008, 14.07']Work experience Lad "they kind of offer guidance, and how you should approach any situation in life. And how to be a good decisive person. I'll lend you the first one if you like"[/quote]

Thats why I favor lemmings. I may “feed the glorious beard and pony tail combination of the best Mankind has to offer” but there is a difference between lemmings and whatever the Goodkind equivalent of a Randroid is.

While the rhetoric of the lemming and the Kindroid is rather similar, the Kindroid is deadly serious.

Teach the boy. He is young and impressionable, and should be receptive, even if tries to act as if he's not. Plant the seeds of doubt; show him the Yeard's errors, and he shall never again be able to view SoT without remembering your words.

[quote name='Pebble that Hides' post='1566556' date='Oct 24 2008, 18.07']Work experience Lad "they kind of offer guidance, and how you should approach any situation in life. And how to be a good decisive person. I'll lend you the first one if you like"

Awkward silence in the entire office.

Co-worker, "Hey [insert real name here] Have you read any Te"

Me "I don't feed the Yeard"

Work experience Lad goes bright red "I wouldn't soil my books on a lemming!"[/quote]
[sound holy-type music] I hereby convey upon you the title of SHIELD-BEARER OF ALL THAT IS LEMMING, wear the title with pride, and fight the influence of the Yeard wherever you find it. The battle is in your blood.

[url="http://www.terrygoodkind.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3785"]Tairy for Prez.[/url]

ETA: I've been perusing some of the political threads over at .net, and it is amazing how utterly uninformed most of them are. I mean it's like a room full of McCain rally crazy ladies.

Archived