Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1605292' date='Dec 1 2008, 18.48']I have two questions:

question 1: How much time is left of day 1?

question 2: Do we actually want to lynch or to spam the thread?[/quote]

Lynch. I am done spamming (in this thread)

If there is one person certainly acting out of character, it is [b]Piper[/b]. I can no longer let my love for him keep him alive in the game...that has bitten me in the butt more than once (and Piper bites HARD). Sorry darling. :kiss:

eta:action/acting :rolleyes:

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1605305' date='Dec 2 2008, 00.54']Lynch. I am done spamming (in this thread)

If there is one person certainly acting out of character, it is [b]Piper[/b]. I can no longer let my love for him keep him alive in the game...that has bitten me in the butt more than once (and Piper bites HARD). Sorry darling. :kiss:

eta:action/acting :rolleyes:[/quote]

You certainly don't want to lynch the only one who has solved the riddle, my dear? Who knows which powers I can offer to you tonight? :leer:

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1605311' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.04']You certainly don't want to lynch the only one who has solved the riddle, my dear? Who knows which powers I can offer to you tonight? :leer:[/quote]

I need to read the riddle still. It was too long to read at work. And I know of the thing you offer in the night...the same things all men promise...but it turns out the reality can't live up to the hype :P

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1604884' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.13']With this game being altless I thought it may help to know the perceived rankings of established players,[/quote]

I love you TMW. As it happens, this mafia community has been blessed by being provided (by me :)) with a ranklist of players, you can find it here: [url="http://mafia.perendination.com/wiki/index.php?title=Player_Rankings"]http://mafia.perendination.com/wiki/index....Player_Rankings[/url]
I should warn you that these rankings don't actually tell you very much information, and what they do tell you is probably not utterly reliable, but it's worth a perusal I reckon. :)

[quote name='Shadowbaby' post='1605163' date='Dec 1 2008, 22.00']I could, but the text was a pixel too low, which is why I replaced it pretty quick since that annoyed me. I'll see if I can find it again just for you though since it's really time for a new av anyway. Looks like Targ/Martell didn't win the 08 election. :([/quote]

Aww this Targ alt liked that av.

Anyway, to business.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Awesome Possum, Harlot, J_Slr, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Shadowbaby, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, TheMalcolm, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

5 votes for Awesome Possum (Tsoert, Weekapaug, The Man Who, Mentat, WhiskeyJack)
2 votes for The Man Who (Masonity, Awesome Possum)
1 vote for Harlot (TheMalcolm)
1 vote for Masonity (Slick Mongoose)
1 vote for Piper of Chaos (Lany Cassandra)
1 vote for Shadowbaby (Piper of Chaos)
1 vote for WhiskeyJack (J_Slr)

2 players have not voted: Harlot, Shadowbaby.

The time for riddle-answers has closed. I will shortly devise and inform those of you who took part of your roles, and post a role-list here.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1605314' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.10']the same things all men promise...but it turns out the reality can't live up to the hype :P[/quote]

Do you fake it with me? :cry:

Possum and TMW: I think TMW was reaching and looking to push a lynch. Boredom with spam about Mazalan or evil intent? I don't really like his explanations so far. Possum makes a valid defense that the votes on him so far are pretty weak, even for D1.

I don't like how Shabba echoed the concerns that mentat and I voiced, but backed off when pressed. Like she was testing the waters on voting Lany.

[quote name='Harlot' post='1605324' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.21']Possum and TMW: I think TMW was reaching and looking to push a lynch. Boredom with spam about Mazalan or evil intent? I don't really like his explanations so far. Possum makes a valid defense that the votes on him so far are pretty weak, even for D1.[/quote]So you disagree with my posts about his defense? You have no issue with the manner in which he went about defending himself?

[quote name='Trinity Head Porter' post='1605320' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.18']Aww this Targ alt liked that av.[/quote]
As the mod commands.

Though really, the text [i]is[/i] a pixel off. It's overlapping the line, and it wasn't supposed to. :(

[quote name='Harlot' post='1605324' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.21']I don't like how Shabba echoed the concerns that mentat and I voiced, but backed off when pressed. Like she was testing the waters on voting Lany.[/quote]
I feel like you're testing the waters on voting me, thanks. :P

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605226' date='Dec 1 2008, 17.48']I meant you weren't being honest because you threw out the majority of TMW's post as being superfluous and retained the sole part that seems suspicious. TMW does need to explain further his vote and, in all likelihood, the early votes will either be rescinded or supported further later because nobody, innocent or guilty, wants to leave their joke vote on a lynch train.

It really doesn't help to be calling any reasoning against you imbecilic either.[/quote]

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605327' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.24']So you disagree with my posts about his defense? You have no issue with the manner in which he went about defending himself?[/quote]

Do you mean the quote above? If so then yes I disagree with you. He sounds frustrated. He tried being nonchalant and that only garnered him more votes. At this point I find TMW more suspicious than Possum.

[quote name='Harlot' post='1605334' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.36']Do you mean the quote above? If so then yes I disagree with you. He sounds frustrated. He tried being nonchalant and that only garnered him more votes. At this point I find TMW more suspicious than Possum.[/quote]You don't find anything wrong with how he parsed TMW's vote to simply be that TMW wants to see a lynch, when that does not seem to be the case?

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605340' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.39']You don't find anything wrong with how he parsed TMW's vote to simply be that TMW wants to see a lynch, when that does not seem to be the case?[/quote]

I don't see the claimed dishonesty that you are pointing to. Just because he didn't quote the entire post doesn't mean the snip was intentionally misleading. To me it looks like he's just including what he thinks is relevant. As you yourself said, TMW's post doesn't appear complete genuine.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605222' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.46'][b]awesome possum[/b], because he hates the Patriots.[/quote]

I wouldn't call it hate as much as a strong distaste.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605226' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.48']I meant you weren't being honest because you threw out the majority of TMW's post as being superfluous and retained the sole part that seems suspicious. TMW does need to explain further his vote and, in all likelihood, the early votes will either be rescinded or supported further later because nobody, innocent or guilty, wants to leave their joke vote on a lynch train.

It really doesn't help to be calling any reasoning against you imbecilic either.[/quote]

To me, the only part of TMW's accusation was the part I highlighted. I dismissed the others, but I also explained why I dismissed them and I retained the sole part that seems suspicious because it [i]seems suspicious[/i]. Here is the post in it's entirety:

[quote]Maybe I'm just imagining that he is being overly defensive and ascribing more to him not liking Erikson due to wanting to see a lynch in action on the first day, but Awesome Possum sounds slightly too indignant to me.

Self-righteousness only befits martyrs.[/quote]

What I got out of it and still get out of it is that I sound too indignant (but just slightly), I'm self-righteous, and overly defensive (unless he was imagining it). I dislike Erikson and he wants to see somebody lynched today so it might as well be the guy with a few votes already on him.

When I asked him to explain, his response was short: [i]"That's what I'm trying to figure out."[/i] And that's the last we heard of him.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605261' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.23']My real feelings about AP are that he's no more suspicious than anybody else at the moment. The most interesting thing that anybody has pointed out is how its strange that he is claiming to be RI, when answering the riddle is an easy avenue to some sort of (likely minor) role. I'm curious, AP - did you answer the riddle?[/quote]

When I posted that, I'd read maybe the first paragraph of the riddle and said "bugger that for now." I have since read it in full and hazarded a guess.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605340' date='Dec 1 2008, 16.39']You don't find anything wrong with how he parsed TMW's vote to simply be that TMW wants to see a lynch, when that does not seem to be the case?[/quote]

Here is the "case"

1) I'm overly defensive, too indignant and self-righteous. Honestly, I don't mind that. After all,

Indignant: expressing strong displeasure at something considered unjust

Self-righteous: confident of one's own righteousness

As for overly defensive, he hasn't even explained how I've been overly defensive. You're actually kind of the one who has jumped on that, saying that I "deflected suspicion" by jokingly accusing someone who jokingly accused me.

2) He's using my dislike of Erikson to vote for me because he wants to see someone lynched.

People in general have been dismissive of TMH's "case" against me, except for you, Week. If anything you seem to be trying to keep the spotlight on me and I'm still not quite sure why.

Ok this is a full list of all possible roles. Note that some people may have more than one of these. Not all will be sued, but no role not on this list will be used. Role PMs have been sent. If you were expecting one, and didn't receieve one, PM me. I may have just forgotten you.

Roles

Slapdash Healer.

As a young person you spent some time in medical school and you think that you have picked up a few of the tricks of the trade. Unfortunately the time you spent at the medical school was actually just visiting a friend of yours who was training to be an obstetrician, so your knowledge of medicine is at best, patchy. Once in the game, or every night, you may choose someone to heal someone. By some freakish twist in the laws of physics, chemistry and biology, if the person you heal was not targeted that night, they will actually give birth to one of the game alts (must be all that time you spent around the trainee obstetrician). This game alt, being immature, will not be able to say anything other than quotes, smileys, punctuation marks and votes. The parent of this alt will not be revealed (but will control it). If the parent later dies, the baby will too, unless the parent was part of an off-thread communicating group (assassins or friends), in which case the baby will be controlled by the other part(ies) in the communicating group. If the person you heal was targeted at night, they will be healed.

Healer

As a young person you spent some time in medical school and you think that you have picked up a few of the tricks of the trade. Fortunately the time you spent at the medical school was actually mostly spent in the library and the ward studying and training, and your knowledge is, in all honesty, comprehensive. Once in the game, or every night, you may choose someone to heal. If that person is targeted at night, they will be saved and not killed

Guard

You are a nosy so-and-so always seeking to find out what everyone else is up to. Add to the mix the fact that you have a serious caffeine addiction, and what do you get? A guard, in short. Every night, or just once, you may block another player from carrying out their night action, if they have one to carry out. Note that this will not affect the Evil Killer Students unless there is only one of them. The fact that a player was guarded will not be revealed to anyone – the action simply won’t go through

Role Finder

You are unable to discover the faction that people belong to but what you can do is find out what role they have, if any. Every night you may PM th name of a player to the mods and that player's role will be revealed to you in the morning.

Finder

These students are really not so good at this. You find it easy to see through their disguises to find out who is really innocent and who is really guilty. Unfortunately, you have this gnawing sense on your conscience that if you did this too often, the game would just be no fun. So you will restrict yourself to just one investigation in the game.

Perceptive Finder

You may think, when you earn the accolade after years of painful toil, that you can finally call yourself an official Perceptive Finder, that you have achieved something truly momentous. Unfortunately however, your perceptiveness only applies to corpes. And it only works once. That is, once in the game you may PM the mods the name of a recently deceased player, and their true colours will be revealed to you, as soon as the mods receive your PM. Symps will show up guilty to you.

Godfather

You have ransacked the ADC, the G&S and the CUOS costume departments and really your disguise is just phenomenally superb. The CF is stumped by you, and all the players and finders will think that you are really innocent (you are not). Only the perceptive finder would be able to discern your true identity.

Innocent Student

If you are honest, you have some sympathy with the evil killer students. Not so much that you want them to win, but still, you can see where they are coming from. And you have plenty of student paraphernalia about your person yourself actually since you do like to study in your spare time. In fact if you are killed, the CF will find that you are guilty, as will any finders who investigate you. Only the perceptive finder would be able to discern your true identity.

Nervous man

You hate this. An understandable reaction given the circumstances, but I mean, you really hate this. And you’re not sure how much more of it you can take. Actually that’s a lie, you know exactly how much more of it you can take. If you are still alive and the game has not ended by 5pm GMT on Friday 5th December you will kill yourself, revealing your faction to the CF, but not ending the day.

Day ender

To you the motions of the sun and planets are as clay in the potter’s hands – you are free to do with it as you will. Once during the game, you may post on thread saying ‘[b]I AM THE DAY ENDER AND I END THE DAY NOW. IT IS NIGHT. SEND IN YOUR PMs[/b]’ The day will end then, and the night will begin, and there will be no lynch. The penalty for making this announcement if you are not the day-ender is instant modkill, being reported to the metamods, and probably never playing in a game modded by HT Reddy again.

Night ender

To you the motions of the moon and stars as clay in the potter’s hands – you are free to do with it as you will. Once during the game, you may post on thread saying ‘[b]I AM THE NIGHT ENDER AND I END THE NIGHT NOW. IT IS MORNING[/b]’ The night will end then, and the next day will begin, and the mod will post a proper morning scene as soon as they can. Night actions will occur if a PM or provisional PM has been received by the mods. If no PM was received, no night action will be taken. The penalty for making this announcement if you are not the day-ender is instant modkill, being reported to the metamods, and probably never playing in a game modded by HT Reddy again

Berserker

You get angry easily. And one of the main irrational triggers of your anger outbursts is other people ganging up to try and kill you. If you are lynched at any time, whoever laid the first vote on you you will kill in a blind rage before being subdued by the others and lynched yourself.

Bomb

You have a grenade. Why? Well, in HT Reddy’s humble opinion, reasons are overrated. At any time during the game you may post in the game thread saying ‘[b]I AM THE BOMB, AND I EXPLODE. BOOM!!![/b] You will be killed along with the two people who posted before you. No CF will be given for these kills. The penalty for false alarm of this role is the same as before

Cultist

You are really a very persuasive person. In fact you once literally talked the hind legs off a donkey. It actually ended up paying you to take its hind legs away, that’s how persuasive a speaker you are. Once in the game, you may choose someone to convert. If they belong to the other faction they will be converted and start to work for your faction. If both you and they are innocent, they conversion process will result merely in the convertee losing their role, if they have one.

Rhyme-maker

You are, and always have been, a bit of a prankster. Once in the game at night you may PM the name of one other player. The following day that player will be forced to rhyme their first 5 posts of the day. Each of these posts must be at least 4 lines long.

Bulletproof

You weigh 16stone and are built like a tank. These students aren’t going to get near you. Well, that might work for one night anyway, if you have your wits about you and if you cross your fingers that the students don’t just throw caution to the wind and use a handgun. During night 1, you may pick a night of the game (including night 1) during which you would like to be immune to the night kill. You cannot be night-killed on that night.

Gaoler

You have often given out leaflets for Amnesty International – you have written to several political prisoners in Burma, and have spoken repeatedly and passionately about Guantanamo Bay. In short, you believe in human rights and the dignity of the human spirit, and you act of those principles. So you will not have this lynching business. Once during the game you may post ‘[b]I AM THE GAOLER AND I SEND X TO PRISON FOR A SENTENCE OF 1 DAY[/b], where x is the name of a player who a) has at least 2 votes on them and b) is the person with the most votes at that particular time. This power can only be used if the day has 6 hours or fewer left, and using it ends the day. The person jailed will be unable to post for the following night and day, but can post again from the next night.

Garrulous tourist

You simply cannot shut up. Every single person in the party by now knows your views on almost everything, from the LoTR to Scientology. And you cannot resist giving other people advice. Every night you may PM a short message to the mods (no more than 100 words) with who you want it sent to, and in the morning this message will be passed on without revealing who sent it.

Symp

You are just a tourist, but you are a student too, and you actually want the Evil Killer Students to win, and you will do your utmost to see that that is what happens. They do not know your identity or even whether you exist or not, but you will be told the identity of all the killers.

Indecisive symp

Well, you want the evilz to win, even though you are a tourist yourself. You think. Actually you aren’t sure – maybe you want the innocents to win? Nah, definitely the Killer Students. Although, if they should happen to target you in the night, you will be so pissed off that you will refuse to be killed and will go over to the innocent faction. Oh, you don’t know who the Evil Killerz are, but every night you may investigate one player, and you will be told their role only.

Friend

You are rubbish at everything. You suck at soccer, are piss-poor at painting, crap at creative therapy. But your literary love of laughter and alliteration has meant that you have a buddy. You and your bud share everything in the world and can communicate off thread.

Most roles may be given to either faction with the following exceptions: Healers, Finders (not including Perceptive or Role Finders), Bulletproofs, Innocent Student and Symp will not be given to evilz, and the godfather role with not be given to innocents.

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1605385' date='Dec 1 2008, 20.32']Here is the "case"
1) I'm overly defensive, too indignant and self-righteous. Honestly, I don't mind that. After all,
Indignant: expressing strong displeasure at something considered unjust
Self-righteous: confident of one's own righteousness
As for overly defensive, he hasn't even explained how I've been overly defensive. You're actually kind of the one who has jumped on that, saying that I "deflected suspicion" by jokingly accusing someone who jokingly accused me.
2) He's using my dislike of Erikson to vote for me because he wants to see someone lynched.[/quote]Ah, poor choice of words on my part. I didn't mean case like a mafia case, case as in the situation/instance/etc.

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1605385' date='Dec 1 2008, 20.32']People in general have been dismissive of TMH's "case" against me, except for you, Week. If anything you seem to be trying to keep the spotlight on me and I'm still not quite sure why.[/quote]You missed that I am somewhat suspicious of TMW for his post, however I also didn't like your reaction initially. I've been keeping the spotlight on you because it was a situation I could take advantage of to get a reaction from you and others. If there is another reason that you are thinking then by all means share.

Re: Roles,
I seriously, seriously, seriously hope that all the Godfather/Miller/etc. type roles are misdirection because they suck. Really terribly.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1605423' date='Dec 1 2008, 21.39']I'm going to help you to reduce the suspect pool a bit.

I AM THE NERVOUS MAN.

If you think I am lying - wait until it's Friday.

Until then - feel free to trust me. :)[/quote]

Looks like the Nervous Man can be of either alignment, so it doesn't make you innocent, just suicidal.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1605430' date='Dec 2 2008, 03.46']Looks like the Nervous Man can be of either alignment, so it doesn't make you innocent, just suicidal.[/quote]
Well, that's true, but you can trust me so far as that I will be dead - even without your helping hand - on Friday. My CF will tell you that I am innocent.

* is nervous *

Archived