Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605099' date='Dec 1 2008, 21.03']If I was FM and stuck with 2 newbs as my partners, I'd willingly lynch them both on the first couple of days, just to make myself look better. Then I'd beat you all by myself, and brag about it in the spoilers. Greater challenge = greater glory.[/quote]

Oh please, the greatest challenge would be to survive down to a final 3 with both Newbies still alive. In fact, it'd be the ultimate victory.

Letting them die then winning on your own is merely the backup plan, isn't it?

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605099' date='Dec 1 2008, 21.03']If I was FM and stuck with 2 newbs as my partners, I'd willingly lynch them both on the first couple of days, just to make myself look better. Then I'd beat you all by myself, and brag about it in the spoilers. Greater challenge = greater glory.[/quote]

You'd murder willing stooges in cold blood? What a git.

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1605098' date='Dec 1 2008, 16.03']If I were trying to move suspicion off I would have placed a vote. I didn't place a vote because I was joking and didn't even deem it worthy of a joke vote.

So now I've got three votes against me and you know what? Still not concerned. It will suck being lynched on the first day, but since I'm a roleless innocent I know I'm expendable right now.[/quote]Jokes aren't necessarily without power. Furthermore, we are all roleless, or evil, so that argument doesn't exactly hold much weight. Unless you aren't attempting the riddle, then you'll remain a roleless innocent, or killer.

[quote name='Masonity' post='1605103' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.05']Oh please, the greatest challenge would be to survive down to a final 3 with both Newbies still alive. In fact, it'd be the ultimate victory.

Letting them die then winning on your own is merely the backup plan, isn't it?[/quote]

You're actually right. I remember the first Kingmaker game, when I was evil and partnered with Kat and Week. Week was new, and every time he opened his mouth, he'd say the wrong thing. Everyone wanted to lynch him. Eventually, I told him to just stop posting. Keeping Week alive the whole game was a huge accomplishment. :P

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605113' date='Dec 1 2008, 16.09']You're actually right. I remember the first Kingmaker game, when I was evil and partnered with Kat and Week. Week was new, and every time he opened his mouth, he'd say the wrong thing. Everyone wanted to lynch him. Eventually, I told him to just stop posting. Keeping Week alive the whole game was a huge accomplishment. :P[/quote]Uhhh...that was because I was posting from an ancient computer at my brother's wedding! Yeah, that's the ticket! Certainly wasn't my own fault.

Truthfully though, the best accomplishment was getting mentat (iirc), the finder, the night before he was going to reveal his finds.

Maybe I'm just imagining that he is being overly defensive and ascribing more to him not liking Erikson due to wanting to see a lynch in action on the first day, but [b]Awesome Possum[/b] sounds slightly too indignant to me.

Self-righteousness only befits martyrs.

[quote name='Masonity' post='1605075' date='Dec 1 2008, 20.44']We have to lynch A newbie today... it's part of the initiation. The only question is which one.[/quote]

I really don't like this idea of lynching a newbie. It just smacks of the FM trying to lynch an easy target.

[quote name='Slick Mongoose' post='1605134' date='Dec 1 2008, 16.26']I really don't like this idea of lynching a newbie. It just smacks of the FM trying to lynch an easy target.[/quote]I don't really like this idea of absolutely not lynching a newbie. It just smacks of someone trying to protect an evil newbie.

[quote name='Slick Mongoose' post='1605134' date='Dec 1 2008, 21.26']I really don't like this idea of lynching a newbie. It just smacks of the FM trying to lynch an easy target.[/quote]

I really hope you weren't implying I seriously planned to lynch a newbie as an initiation?

But as Week said, I sure won't rule it out. I'll lynch either the person most likely to be guilty, or failing that the person who gives us the most information by dying. Simple as that really...

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1605124' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.17']Maybe I'm just imagining that he is being overly defensive and ascribing more to him not liking Erikson due to wanting to see a lynch in action on the first day, but [b]Awesome Possum[/b] sounds slightly too indignant to me.

Self-righteousness only befits martyrs.[/quote]

Actually, if you'd like see overly defensive, check this out:

This post bothers me. Not because it's a vote for me, but because it's a vote for me in which the person seriously wants to see me lynched for no reason other than to see a lynch. Or is there another reason? Maybe the newbie thought his vote would be safe in the middle of the pack or maybe he's just overly defensive of Erikson's little D&D books.

Either way, [b]The Man Who[/b]'s vote bothers me much more than the others. Not because it's a 4th vote for me, but because of the reasoning behind this 4th vote.

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1605145' date='Dec 1 2008, 21.39']Actually, if you'd like see overly defensive, check this out:

This post bothers me. Not because it's a vote for me, but because it's a vote for me in which the person seriously wants to see me lynched for no reason other than to see a lynch. Or is there another reason? Maybe the newbie thought his vote would be safe in the middle of the pack or maybe he's just overly defensive of Erikson's little D&D books.

Either way, [b]The Man Who[/b]'s vote bothers me much more than the others. Not because it's a 4th vote for me, but because of the reasoning behind this 4th vote.[/quote]

3rd vote. I'm sure you noticed my joke vote on you moved to become a joke vote on TMW?

[quote name='Masonity' post='1605149' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.44']3rd vote. I'm sure you noticed my joke vote on you moved to become a joke vote on TMW?[/quote]

Actually, I didn't notice that. Sorry.

Most of what I say still stands. It's really early to be seriously voting for a lynch just to see a lynch "in action".

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1605151' date='Dec 1 2008, 16.46']Actually, I didn't notice that. Sorry.

Most of what I say still stands. It's really early to be seriously voting for a lynch just to see a lynch "in action".[/quote]So your vote isn't intended to result in a lynch because of your suspicions? What exactly do you mean here?

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1605151' date='Dec 1 2008, 21.46']Actually, I didn't notice that. Sorry.

Most of what I say still stands. It's really early to be seriously voting for a lynch just to see a lynch "in action".[/quote]

So are you accusing TMW of seriously voting just to see a lynch in action? Or saying that you won't do that? If he's suspicious of you, and you of him, surely in neither of these cases is it voting just to see a lynch in action?

You've really lost me with this comment.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1604811' date='Dec 1 2008, 13.36']For now, I'll move my vote to [b]Shadowbaby[/b]. But I'm willing to change it to somebody else if she switches her avatar over to that cool "proud to be a Whiskeyjack sheep" av that she used to use on the mafia board.[/quote]
I could, but the text was a pixel too low, which is why I replaced it pretty quick since that annoyed me. I'll see if I can find it again just for you though since it's really time for a new av anyway. Looks like Targ/Martell didn't win the 08 election. :(

Also, you people are mad active.

And Lany seems a little off to me.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605158' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.56']So your vote isn't intended to result in a lynch because of your suspicions? What exactly do you mean here?[/quote]

I meant it was early for TMW to place a serious vote for me with little to no evidence other than I don't like Erikson, I was being "overly defensive" though he doesn't know why, and he wanted to see someone lynched.

My vote for him is intended to put pressure on him to make sense.

[quote name='Masonity' post='1605159' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.58']So are you accusing TMW of seriously voting just to see a lynch in action? Or saying that you won't do that? If he's suspicious of you, and you of him, surely in neither of these cases is it voting just to see a lynch in action?

You've really lost me with this comment.[/quote]

His words, not mine: [quote]due to wanting to see a lynch in action on the first day[/quote]

See above. He never gave reason to be seriously suspicious of me. But he voted for me because I had a few votes already and he wants to see me lynched just to see someone lynched. That, in my mind, is suspicious.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605121' date='Dec 1 2008, 22.15']Truthfully though, the best accomplishment was getting mentat (iirc), the finder, the night before he was going to reveal his finds.[/quote]

Though I remember playing in that game I think the finder was someone else. I was the night one victim and you killed the finder on night two.

Anyway, I'd gladly lynch one of [b]awesome possum[/b], Harlot or Lany today.

I'm off for tonight.

Archived