Dany's Boy

Adelle Tully

Eddard thought that Bran could not father a child, and the [i]Maegi[/i] told Dany she was barren. But medical science in Martinworld is primative, and likely one or both of these pronouncements is wrong.

If so, I would love for Bran and Dany to marry. It would make the perfect fusion of Ice and Fire, far better than the D+J=saviour of Westeros theory.

[quote name='Horza' post='1621007' date='Dec 16 2008, 08.55']Actually, who the hell came up with R+L = J to begin with? Everyone I've ever heard discuss it didn't get it until they came here... I sure as hell didn't have a clue.[/quote]

I first read the books when only the first three were out. I liked them so much that, a couple weeks later, I was trying to read something else but just couldn't get ASOIAF out of my head, so I did something I'd never done before and read the three books again. During that second read-through, while reading the part where Jojen and Meera are telling Bran about the tournament, the R+L=J thing came together in my head, and I excitedly thumbed through all three books to find and put together the pieces of the R+L=J puzzle. I was convinced from then on. I didn't start looking online for GRRM-related stuff until a few months ago, just to verify that there [b]are [/b]people who came up with R+L=J independent of these boards. A friend and I (both ASOIAF fanatics; I converted him a couple years after the above) have also introduced about ten others to the series, and we gave them a "GRRM IQ test" when they were finished -- our own twisted version of a book club. One question asked them who Jon's parents were, and another asked who Loras's one true love was. About a third of them came up with R+L=J, but I think only one figured out the Loras/Renly thing on his own. It really bothered some of the straight folks when we pointed out the truth about Loras and Renly, and some of them flat-out refused to believe it. I wonder how many on here would be debating it as hotly as they debate R+L=J if GRRM hadn't confirmed it? I'm sorry that he did; that would be an interesting discussion to read.

To respond to the thread itself, I would say Jon is definite as a future match for Dany (and I very much look forward to this, whenever it comes) and the front-runner for third head of the dragon from what I can gather is Jaime. I know there's a thread on here somewhere that talks about the possibility that Jaime was fathered by Aerys, so I won't rehash the reasoning here, but either it's a brilliant red herring or Jaime, Cersei and their brood are all Targaryens. A prophecy mentioned elsewhere in this thread, that Cersei's children will all die before her, would make sense if it were to happen rather soon ... it would leave Jon and Jaime as the only two survivors with appreciable amounts of Targaryen blood in Westeros -- add Dany and her dragons and you've got three Targaryen heads for her three dragons. A perfect fit.

This is my first post here; sorry if I rambled. :)

[quote name='StarkMyrmidon' post='1628269' date='Dec 22 2008, 16.09']Sorry, duplicate (not sure how that happened)[/quote]

'Twas not Jaime that was fathered by the king... 'twas Tyrion.

How's the food here? I here the Red Herring is especially popular. :smoking:

As for [i]the theory which shall not be named[/i], I sincerely hope that there are hundreds of people out there that are going to slap themselves in the face (hard!) when they are finally told (by the Master himself) that N+A=J!

As for Dany, if she absolutely [i]MUST[/i] live on and she ends up being some sort of ruler, then I'm hoping that she'll end up married to Tyrion Lannister and either Jorah Mormont or Arya Stark.

[quote name='El-ahrairah' post='1628132' date='Dec 22 2008, 12.28']Eddard thought that Bran could not father a child, and the [i]Maegi[/i] told Dany she was barren. But medical science in Martinworld is primative, and likely one or both of these pronouncements is wrong.[/quote]

Even a Westerosi maester can identify crushed testicles and a shredded uterus.

The "Bran will never father a child" portion was stated so matter-of-factly, it is wishful thinking and nothing else that perpetuates this silly sort of speculation. Bran is sterile. That Lord Eddard didn't go into detail is more likely the fact that he wanted to spare his son the mockery of a sister knowing the gruesome facts.

Daenerys had an undead-thingy removed from her womb. And nearly died of it. Barring another burst of magic (which doesn't seem George's style at all), her being sterile is the only reasonable outcome. Magic has CONSEQUENCES in ASoIaF. That seems a central tenet of GRRM's beliefs on fantasy.

[quote name='Bruce Stone' post='1628305' date='Dec 22 2008, 17.16']Magic has CONSEQUENCES in ASoIaF. That seems a central tenet of GRRM's beliefs on fantasy.[/quote]

As well it [u]should![/u] What is Magic, if not a way for man to bend all of creation and alter a small portion of it to fit his will? I'd say it's the other side of the coin that science is on, but I digress. As men are NOT Gods there must be side effects, consequences... a price to be paid.

[quote name='El-ahrairah' post='1628132' date='Dec 22 2008, 20.28']Eddard thought that Bran could not father a child, and the [i]Maegi[/i] told Dany she was barren. But medical science in Martinworld is primative, and likely one or both of these pronouncements is wrong.

If so, I would love for Bran and Dany to marry. It would make the perfect fusion of Ice and Fire, far better than the D+J=saviour of Westeros theory.[/quote]

My ears are bleeding

[b]Bruce Stone[/b][quote]Even a Westerosi maester can identify crushed testicles and a shredded uterus.

The "Bran will never father a child" portion was stated so matter-of-factly, it is wishful thinking and nothing else that perpetuates this silly sort of speculation. Bran is sterile. That Lord Eddard didn't go into detail is more likely the fact that he wanted to spare his son the mockery of a sister knowing the gruesome facts.

Daenerys had an undead-thingy removed from her womb. And nearly died of it. Barring another burst of magic (which doesn't seem George's style at all), her being sterile is the only reasonable outcome. Magic has CONSEQUENCES in ASoIaF. That seems a central tenet of GRRM's beliefs on fantasy[/quote].

Can you say for certain that he has crushed testicles but from what i've read he has a Broken spine and Twisted legs which in botrh cases retian the possibility of erection.

[quote name='StarkMyrmidon' post='1628268' date='Dec 22 2008, 23.09']It really bothered some of the straight folks when we pointed out the truth about Loras and Renly, and some of them flat-out refused to believe it. I wonder how many on here would be debating it as hotly as they debate R+L=J if GRRM hadn't confirmed it? I'm sorry that he did; that would be an interesting discussion to read.[/quote]

Ha. I've only just heard of this. Lol. And it's been confirmed too? HAHA!

Well, if it wasn't then I suppose I'd have a neutral stance. I've looked that all the hints and seems to me that it's all a matter of interpretation. I mean geez, it's so easy to make a dirty euphamism out of anything. I do it all the time. :smoking:

i don't think the subject would've been as popular as R = L = J, though.

[quote name='Red Lion of Castamere' post='1629403' date='Dec 23 2008, 23.15']Well its not that he has crushed testicles necessarily. He is presumably paralyzed from the waist down which would leave his penis paralyzed as well. Hard to get an erection or climax with no feeling in your penis.[/quote]

My uncle's a paraplegic, and he fathered four sons in this condition. So my guess is that Bran's [i]equipment [/i]will work just fine.

And Hammy, why do you think that the Renly/Loras relationship is [i]funny[/i]? Just curious ...

[quote name='Rinso' post='1629474' date='Dec 24 2008, 09.10']Can we please move on from the unwieldy discussion about Bran's penis and testicles?[/quote]

we must always renember the misfortune of other at this time of the year

Christmas should be dedicated to Bran on these boards

[quote name='StarkMyrmidon' post='1630012' date='Dec 25 2008, 01.11']And Hammy, why do you think that the Renly/Loras relationship is [i]funny[/i]? Just curious ...[/quote]

Oh hey I'm not homophobic. It's just the thought of which one was spooning who, that cracks me up.

i've just read this whole thread, and i must say i'm impressed with all the effort some of you put into all of this...

even though it would be extremely obvious and far far far from GRRM's MO, i hope that jon and danny end up together...
even if only to see how jon will weasel out of his vows, which would be pretty un-jonly (for lack of better word) of him...

i find bran too far removed from the thoughts of marriage and women, and arya as well...
after all, they are both kids and have other preocupations on their minds at the moment... even if/when they get those out of the way, i doubt that danny would figure into their plans (but i doubted that ned will be beheaded, so it is possible, even probable, i'm wrong on this one)

[quote name='StarkMyrmidon' post='1630012' date='Dec 24 2008, 17.11']My uncle's a paraplegic, and he fathered four sons in this condition. So my guess is that Bran's [i]equipment [/i]will work just fine.[/quote]

Did your uncle acquire his crippled status from being hurled off of an abandoned part of a medieval library tower?

If not, then you can't say your uncle's injury is [b]anything[/b] like Brandon's. It might be that your uncle and Brandon share paralysis, but past that, without knowing any medical information, we cannot make any comparisons or contrasts.

[quote name='Denver' post='1631636' date='Dec 27 2008, 21.59']Did your uncle acquire his crippled status from being hurled off of an abandoned part of a medieval library tower?

If not, then you can't say your uncle's injury is [b]anything[/b] like Brandon's. It might be that your uncle and Brandon share paralysis, but past that, without knowing any medical information, we cannot make any comparisons or contrasts.[/quote]

That was the original Point He merely stated that we can't assume just because Bran's a cripple doesn't mean he is sterile /unable

Archived