Goodkind XLI: Hobos With Swords

Myshkin

[quote name='The Shining Enigma' post='1638492' date='Jan 5 2009, 15.00'][font="Book Antiqua"][size=3]“Falsehood is invariably the child of fear in one form or another."[/size][/font][/quote]
Enigma, I'm curious, how many posts has it been since you said something related to the discussion, instead of something vague and philosophical.

[quote name='sadface' post='1638508' date='Jan 5 2009, 16.15']I remember reading a hilarious "analysis" (for lack of a better word) of some Sword of Truth novel on these forums, in which almost every word and sentence is being mocked and rediculed in a very satisfying way. Unfortunately, I can no longer find it. I believe it was basically a couple of really long quotes in which red font comments had been inserted.

And yes, I have searched for it, but to no avail. Help is appreciated.[/quote]
Quickest way is through [url="http://sandstormreviews.blogspot.com/2006/08/goodkind-parodies.html"]Mindonner's site[/url], it has links for all that stuff.

[quote name='sadface' post='1638508' date='Jan 5 2009, 15.15']I remember reading a hilarious "analysis" (for lack of a better word) of some Sword of Truth novel on these forums, in which almost every word and sentence is being mocked and rediculed in a very satisfying way. Unfortunately, I can no longer find it. I believe it was basically a couple of really long quotes in which red font comments had been inserted.

I believe you refer tot he original bashing that started the whole ball of wax with Mme Ezruile doing the honors...

See post #26 of this very TG thread for a little more info...

[quote]Enigma, I'm curious, how many posts has it been since you said something related to the discussion, instead of something vague and philosophical.[/quote]
[font="Book Antiqua"][size=3]
My friend, it is understandable that you should assume my textual offerings have little bearing on the current discussion, but I can assure you: they do. It has been ascertained (by myself) that an indirect and subtle approach to communion with ye lemmings is the best possible route, at present.

May Truth be with you.
[/size][/font]

[quote name='The Shining Enigma' post='1638601' date='Jan 5 2009, 18.04'][font="Book Antiqua"][size=3]
My friend, it is understandable that you should assume my textual offerings have little bearing on the current discussion, but I can assure you: they do. It has been ascertained [b](by myself)[/b] that an indirect and subtle approach to communion with ye lemmings is the best possible route, at present.

[/size][/font][/quote]

And therein lies the problem. The whole truthful problem...

Ok, I've joined the FB group.
I've been away from these threads for a while now, but I'm back. As I'm about to finish up Ulysses, I feel that I'm ready to take on a new task... Perhaps it is finally time to try to listen to the audiobook of WFR?

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1638923' date='Jan 5 2009, 22.47']Don't forget to post who you are on the Board here at the Lemmings page![/quote]
Oh yeah, I updated my post to the wall to include my board name. Although, I do have my name on the BwB group :)

[quote name='Elrostar' post='1638929' date='Jan 5 2009, 22.53']Oh yeah, I updated my post to the wall to include my board name. Although, I do have my name on the BwB group :)[/quote]

*sigh* I'm waiting for my official acceptance into the BwB group over there... :P

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1638943' date='Jan 5 2009, 23.11']*sigh* I'm waiting for my official acceptance into the BwB group over there... :P[/quote]

Bug Mormont about it :P
But in that case you won't be cool enough to have your board name as your title, since there's a limit of 100 officers for the group, I believe :)

[quote name='Elrostar' post='1638949' date='Jan 5 2009, 23.21']Bug Mormont about it :P
But in that case you won't be cool enough to have your board name as your title, since there's a limit of 100 officers for the group, I believe :)[/quote]

Well, at least I can have my board name as my title in the Lemmings page then! :P

If you only want facebook (which is awful in so many ways) for the Lemming group, you could always put "the Lemming" as a last name, or anything like that. "Arch-bishop-of-namble-cock" if you like.

[quote name='Exa Inova' post='1639311' date='Jan 6 2009, 09.18']Hello fellow lemmings.
Is it too late to wish you all a death choosing year?[/quote]

Tragically, it is far too late. We have all instead decided to choose life. There will be a SoT re-read thread beginning shortly on the Literature forum.

[quote name='sadface' post='1638508' date='Jan 5 2009, 22.15']I remember reading a hilarious "analysis" (for lack of a better word) of some Sword of Truth novel on these forums, in which almost every word and sentence is being mocked and rediculed in a very satisfying way. Unfortunately, I can no longer find it. I believe it was basically a couple of really long quotes in which red font comments had been inserted.

Only too happy to [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=3332&hl=mauling"]oblige[/url]. Attention whoring ftw. I'd like to do more of this, but I think I left my copy of WFR in Norway.

[quote name='Elrostar' post='1639321' date='Jan 6 2009, 15.30']Tragically, it is far too late. We have all instead decided to choose life. There will be a SoT re-read thread beginning shortly on the Literature forum.[/quote]
Hah,

When one has forfeited life one cannot scare me with futile attempts at terror. Besides, the Lemmings had this plan a few threads ago. Some volunteered and went, few returned. Thats why Moosicus is now Keeper of the Codex to spare the young, brave and foolish Lemmings that fate.

[quote]Only too happy to oblige. Attention whoring ftw. I'd like to do more of this, but I think I left my copy of WFR in Norway.[/quote]
Wasnt this outlawed by the mods?

I believe the mods declared such mauling to be no longer acceptable, along with quotes of the day.
This is why some I'm left wondering whether I need to read WFR, at least, so I can have done that, and be able to speak with a little more... authority?

Actually, I think I need to read The Fountainhead first, but that's a different matter.

Archived