Goodkind XLI: Hobos With Swords

Myshkin

[quote name='hadaad' post='1661977' date='Jan 25 2009, 15.35']armed only with their hatred of moral clarity.

Best line ever. Game over.[/quote]

:agree:

I just read the selection from the Quote of the Day and was once again stunned by his visual imagery. [i]'Strings of blood', 'hatred of moral clarity', 'speeding up', 'slowing down'[/i].
It's all so perfect. [i]Ulysses[/i], which I just finished, really pales in comparison to this pinnacle of literary work.

The Sword of Truth stands as a feat rarely accomplished in the world of literature. A series of novels (not fantasy novels, of course) so complete, so rich, so vivid and captivating, that manage to so utterly encapsulate a single word in every one of their thousands of collective pages: [i]crap[/i].

[quote name='Elrostar' post='1662880' date='Jan 26 2009, 11.23']:agree:

I just read the selection from the Quote of the Day and was once again stunned by his visual imagery. [i]'Strings of blood', 'hatred of moral clarity', 'speeding up', 'slowing down'[/i].
It's all so perfect. [i]Ulysses[/i], which I just finished, really pales in comparison to this pinnacle of literary work.

The Sword of Truth stands as a feat rarely accomplished in the world of literature. A series of novels (not fantasy novels, of course) so complete, so rich, so vivid and captivating, that manage to so utterly encapsulate a single word in every one of their thousands of collective pages: [i]crap[/i].[/quote]

Well, it's a lie anyway. One lady was shaking a meaty fist. That meaty fist, used in the proper way, or mentioned in the proper context is also a weapon. Unless the fist was just a metaphor for hatred of moral clarity.

However, Richard did disarm her, both of her fist and her hatred of moral clarity when he cleft her in twain. (or thrain... it never says whether the shoulder and arm were stuck to the head by virtue of the neck or not)

Good ol' Richard, he'll help you see the true path, even if it's the path to the underworld.

[quote name='Ormond' post='1660203' date='Jan 23 2009, 18.58']The only Goodkind book I have ever read is [i]Wizard's First Rule[/i].

When I finished that one, I put it into one of the boxes filled with old textbooks I send to a college in Tanzania.

Should I feel guilty for infecting Mt. Kilimanjaro with Yeardism? :)[/quote]

You should not feel guilty. I bet the college was delighted with Wizard's First Rule; A book that thick must easily be the equivelent of a couple of rolls of toilet paper.

[quote name='Nichole' post='1660142' date='Jan 23 2009, 17.07']How is it that no matter how many times I reads these quotes that you guys post, I am still amazed that someone actually wrote that shit down? And then it got published?!! [b]AND THE AUTHOR WAS ACTUALLY PAID???[/b][/quote]

Added the part you left out. And yeah, it's really hard to believe...

Can anyone give me a brief summary of how 'Yeard' came about? The Goodkind parodies say it was born of a typo and now has become the beard/ponytail style of TG's unintentionally hilarious back-cover tough-guy pose, where was this typo and what are the other relevant details?

Hello im new here i would like 2 things

1. to be able to join your great society

2. For Goodkind to go to an antiwar rally and preach his moral clarity, and have "righteous anger" demonstrated all over his face :P.

[quote name='Peter Irving' post='1664879' date='Jan 27 2009, 22.41']BTW does anyone think my theoroy that TG we'll have a evil and rather poorly written character that will bear some resemblance to Obama in his next series?[/quote]
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but he may be smart enough not to make it too obvious. Of course he'll probably only do it if Obama does something indefensible, like outlaw torture, close Gitmo, end the war on terror, something crazy like that. Any fool knows that you can torture anyone you like, for any reason, in any vile way, so long as you possess moral clarity. This is known as the "Gadi Doctrine", which stipulates that any amount of horror may be visited upon an enemy, so long as you're [i]really[/i] pissed off.

i honestly hate mystar to know end. I was a big goodkind fan in my early says of reading fantasy (I started SoT after WoT but before aSoIaF); and I loved the books. This was when Pillars of Creation first came out in hardcover. anyways I would be on the terrygoodkind forums a lot and mystar kept on bragging about his insider status and whatnot. when Crossroads of Twilight was about to come out he kept on insulting Jordan and saying he was told by his friends who work at Tor that this would be there last Jordan novel they would publish and that he put his reputation on the line about it.. etc.. Ever since then I've hated his idiocy.

hah.. I remember when NE came out and all his fans were talking about how awesome a book it was. Except for the fact that Pillars of Creation and Naked Empire didn't really add anything to the overall story. If you took those 2 books out, then the Chainfire trilogy would have been identical. That's milkage.

I was extremely pissed off when I read NE. Here's a woods guide using words in his 10 page long speeches that he shouldn't even know what they mean. Not to mention the ending. The antidote is gone and he's dieing. How does he save himself? his gift magically allows him to figure out what the ingredients for the antidote are... ridiculous

Gadi Doctrine....I like that. I will add it to our liturgy.

[quote]which stipulates that any amount of horror may be visited upon an enemy, so long as you're really pissed off.[/quote]
and on every one not actively resisting said enemy, although in a position to do so. Ask the children.

If we combine the Gadi Doctrine with that great rule that contradictions dont exist you get indisputable proof that gray does not exist. Something cant be white and black at the same time. Thus one is either with the Yeard/Dick or against him.
A fine line is drawn between a meal of your own testicles and and your enemy's flesh.

[quote name='lordofavalon' post='1665458' date='Jan 28 2009, 16.52']Not to mention the ending. The antidote is gone and he's dieing. How does he save himself? his gift magically allows him to figure out what the ingredients for the antidote are... ridiculous[/quote]
Calm yourself young dicro,
thus it was written thus it happened.
Who are we to judge the deeds of the mighty rider of goats?

And besides, have you never experienced the sensation of a dry and sore throat only to discover that you body is telling you that you are thirsty?

Where extactly would Tairy put his Obama parody? Don't tell me he is writing more of this crap. And continuing to be paid for it! :tantrum:

Seriously, all Tairy has taught us is that you can make a boat load of money if you cling to a fucked up world view and write badly.

[quote name='Nichole' post='1665713' date='Jan 28 2009, 19.44']Where extactly would Tairy put his Obama parody? Don't tell me he is writing more of this crap. And continuing to be paid for it! :tantrum:

Seriously, all Tairy has taught us is that you can make a boat load of money if you cling to a fucked up world view and write badly.[/quote]

Well, from what we know Tairy is currently writing a detective novel set in contemporary America.
Moosicus already posted up a great potential storyline in one of the earlier TG threads, but I'm too lazy to find it now.

And, in any case, he's said he might revisit the SoT-verse. Because, you know, he's created so much backstory, we all know how much of a worldbuilder he is. So there'll be lots more jaw-kicking raptor-gazing action to be seen in SoTland.

Just a friendly reminder, let's not delve into the territory of personal insults, even if said insults are true. (name redacted) might be a douche bag, but let's refrain from calling him a douche bag by name.

[quote name='Marwyn' post='1665963' date='Jan 28 2009, 16.37']Well, from what we know Tairy is currently writing a detective novel set in contemporary America.
Moosicus already posted up a great potential storyline in one of the earlier TG threads, but I'm too lazy to find it now.

And, in any case, he's said he might revisit the SoT-verse. Because, you know, he's created so much backstory, we all know how much of a worldbuilder he is. So there'll be lots more jaw-kicking raptor-gazing action to be seen in SoTland.[/quote]
Oh, so this might be interesting to see what Tairy considers to be "contemporary America." I bet it is different from my contemporary America.

[quote name='Nichole' post='1666140' date='Jan 28 2009, 23.34']Oh, so this might be interesting to see what Tairy considers to be "contemporary America." I bet it is different from my contemporary America.[/quote]
Would it be masochistic to say that I'm really curious to see what Tairy's view of contemporary America looks like on the fiction page?

[quote name='Nichole' post='1666140' date='Jan 28 2009, 19.34']Oh, so this might be interesting to see what Tairy considers to be "contemporary America." I bet it is different from my contemporary America.[/quote]

Are you saying TG doesn't exactly live on a little planet I like to call Earth...?

Near the middle of the SoT series, my gift was telling me that Rush Limbaugh would make a horrible fantasy writer. I didn't listen and continued to read. :(

But by the end of the series, my gift took over and led me to a bookstore that was never mentioned before by anyone. I was able to select something known as 'another book', which allowed every person in said store see how I was a shining example of love and vengeance. That's when I realized I didn't know where my wife was still.

Archived