TTTNE 244 Unchained love

BlueRose

Morning thread

My friend lent me his Weird Al Yankovitch CDs last week and I have spent most of the weekend laughing my ass off. I knew a few of the songs already but there was a bunch of good parodies I had not heard before, like eBay, Amish Paradise, Bedrock Anthem, Gump :lol:

One of the parody tracks I really enjoyed was "Trapped in the Drive-Thru" which is based on R Kelly's Hip-Hopera "Trapped in the Closet". Now I had seen a couple of minutes of that on a TV show last year which was taking the piss out of it, but yesterday I decided to watch a bit more on YouTube so I could hear all the parts which Weird Al had aped in his parody version. I discovered that in this case the original was MORE funny than Weird Al's version :rofl:

OMG! If you have not watched it you really should because it is just unbelievable. First of all I did not realise how much of it there is. The whole thing is episodic, a soap opera set to hip hop rhyme, and there have been 22 episodes so far with more to come this year. So far it totals about 90 minutes! But you don't have to watch it all to get the joke. And its bad, I mean just terrible, the lyrics describe everything that is going on in every scene, everything each character says including pauses, ums, errs, stutters, minor and completely irrelevant asides and of course all the lines rhyme, well almost. But that's why its so funny. I was just :lmao: the entire way through!

You just can't believe someone has put this much effort into something this awful and because of his reputation most people believe that R Kelly was serious when he made this, like he really meant it and this has become something of an Internet myth. However the truth is he does know exactly what he is doing, that it is just pure comedy, it seems Mr Kelly is something of a comedian and we just never knew it. Knowing that this was all intentional does take something away from the enjoyment of it, like a ghost story its better if you believe in it. Or in this case if you believe he was so naive and egotistical to think this was a good idea and that all the ridiculous lyrics were intended to be taken seriously. But even so it is still funny enough to be enjoyed.

It really does have to be seen to be believed, search for it on YouTube or Google Video and if you have the time watch through at least the first 12 episodes. I won't spoil the best bit, which comes at around 25 minutes in (if you're watching the complete 12 episode version) but you will be genuinely :rofl:

As my friend said when I explained where Weird Al's version came from cos he did not know - "this song did not need parodying."

Hey Q and MG :cheers:

[quote name='serMountainGoat' post='1696427' date='Feb 23 2009, 09.10']Ben I actually can't imagine you being snappish, must be a scary sight :uhoh:[/quote]
:lol: Well, I can get a little surly but I tend to hide it until I completely snap. You probably wouldn't notice until I start whacking people. :P

[quote name='beniowa' post='1696477' date='Feb 23 2009, 11.17']Hey Q and MG :cheers:

:lol: Well, I can get a little surly but I tend to hide it until I completely snap. You probably wouldn't notice until I start whacking people. :P[/quote]
Ah! So you're qualified to work for the postal service, then. And major law firms. ;)

Archived