World of Warcraft

GoN

Its very unattractive.

haha, if i cared bout being attractive on the nets id still be dating net girls =P

(but yeah i agree)

And polish people suck. we're stubborn and have all this pride...but what we're so proud of i don't know.

For those who've fought the Keepers, which would you say is the easiest? I have only fought Hodir thus far, and am just curious what the others are like. Mimiron scares me since it sounds like it requires a lot of coordination but I don't know much about Freya or Thorim.
My experience was that Hodir was substantially easier than the rest. Freya's a bit tougher because of the weird add stuff, but Hodir really only has one phase, the two changes in that phase aren't that hard, and what you have to do during the fight doesn't really change.

Thorim really wasn't that hard; we just made it hard. :P

Mimiron is a really, really interesting encounter. It's definitely the hardest of the four, and is the hardest non-hard mode fight before Yogg currently.

Guest thebadlady
Thu thread is a trainwreck.

I like the xperl kal. Thx.

You thank Kal? I said it first! i am the addon whore!

*softly weeps in a corner*

IMO

Keepers difficulty easiest to hardest

Overall

Hodir

Freya

Thorim

Mimiron

Personally as Melee

Thorim

Hodir

Freya

Mimiron

My job on Thorim is easy as hell. Kill adds til he jumps down then dont stand in lightning.

Hodir there is lots more stuff not to stand in, plus stuff to stand in at the right time. Freya is about the same, dont stand in some stuff, make sure to stand in this other stuff. Freya is harder imo as you are trying to keep dpsing while hoping the tank moves her out of the green things before they explode.

Mimiron is the World Series of not standing in or in front of shit, while dodging land mines, and laser beams, while being BBQ'd. all while that GD hanging buttress blocks your view every few seconds.

At least after that I get to sleep walk through Vezax. Seriously, for me its Patchwerk. Stand there and hit my dps cycle, only 20% slower.

Its like

We tried Kologarn yesterday, but didn't get it as we killed the two arms together at the beginning, rather than saving the double kill until the end. Not that there's anything in the wording of the achievement that points to there being anything wrong with that. Meh. We did get Auriaya though.

Apparently that achievement is bugged; it was working before that way but isn't right now. Which makes it significantly harder; it means you have to kill both arms at about the same time and make it so that his health drops to around 1% at that point but doesn't kill him. Ugh.

Thorim proved to be not so hard, as we downed him on the fourth try tonight. I get the feeling I was spared the true horror of the fight by being assigned as the tunnel group tank and missing the craziness of the arena. We had a pretty good set of players that we kept out there - four in the tunnel, six in arena - and two of the first three tries we wiped mostly because the arena group lost a healer or lost a DPS and then we ended up wiping later. Had one tunnel wipe because people were on the wrong side for the first giant's explosion thing.

First time everybody survived to where we got to Thorim though, we downed him. 3/4 Keepers for the guild, that's pretty good - we messed around with Mimiron for like 45 minutes and never made it out of phase 1. Plasma Blast is freakin' crazy, Napalm Shells are a bitch to heal through... this fight is going to be a fucking challenge.

Dash, the best way to develop tank vision is have your healer in the same room with you. You absolutely 100% know what's killing your healer, which dps suck, which tanks are taking way more damage than you, and who stands in fire.

I strongly recommend it. :)

Tried it. Well, same apartment. Too far away to hear her anyway, unless I want to have no music playing. Plus she'd rather use her boyfriend's lousy old computer than her good new computer which outperforms mine. By which I mean "she'd rather be at her boyfriend's even when they're fighting than not be glued to his side at all times."

So it's no surprise to see my fellow WOW players saying, "Yeah, but at least we don't LARP". I can assure you that LARPers are themselves saying, "Yeah, but at least we don't play WOW." Somehow I am always an outcast for excessive nerdiness in all arenas. Heh.

Man, you should have seen the Wizards of the Coast forums when they revealed class roles in 4th Edition D&D. While many people admitted to playing WoW, pretty much every other thread was "WoW has now ruined D&D!"

Signed on again to a Horde victory in WG. Banged out dailies, started Stormpeaks on the DK, and then when we won WG managed to get my warrior's 10-man Emalon in. Nothing I wanted of course, but at least I got the shot. Now for the hard part; getting my paladin two runs. He's Ret or Holy, but my healing gear is not adequate to 25 man and quite possibly not adequate to 10-man either (11 blues, most of which are not ilvl 200), though I managed to handle it once.

At this rate my DK will be 80 by the end of the weekend, though I'm definitely not taking her to Vault yet; her gear is nowhere near good enough for Emalon, and won't be that soon either. If I found an Archavon-only group, yeah, I'd go for that on her, but not Emalon.

Amusingly, we had almost the entire guild online last night despite not having the people for a raid. Now granted, that includes two people who just came back and are leveling from 70, and the guy who re-rolled warlock, as well as the guild leader's coworker who's on his first character though leveling fast. And we didn't do anything together.

IMO

Keepers difficulty easiest to hardest

Overall

Hodir

Freya

Thorim

Mimiron

Personally as Melee

Thorim

Hodir

Freya

Mimiron

My job on Thorim is easy as hell. Kill adds til he jumps down then dont stand in lightning.

Hodir there is lots more stuff not to stand in, plus stuff to stand in at the right time. Freya is about the same, dont stand in some stuff, make sure to stand in this other stuff. Freya is harder imo as you are trying to keep dpsing while hoping the tank moves her out of the green things before they explode.

Mimiron is the World Series of not standing in or in front of shit, while dodging land mines, and laser beams, while being BBQ'd. all while that GD hanging buttress blocks your view every few seconds.

At least after that I get to sleep walk through Vezax. Seriously, for me its Patchwerk. Stand there and hit my dps cycle, only 20% slower.

Its like

From tanking point of view:

Hodir

Thorim

Freya

Mimiron

Freya, the adds the cabe a bish, especially the one that can one shot your tank.

On thorim, Steg had me solo in the tunnel and owned it so easy.

My raid group downed Mimiron last night. Of course, I died in phase 1 due to the napalm and healers not healing me. Mimiron is definitely the hardest of the keepers. Phase 2 in particular is a real killer.

Phase 2 is definitely a Dodge Duck Dip Dive and.. Dodge kind of phase..

Dailies make great money, they just get boring and tedious after a while. I try to focus on the ones that are part of a rep grind I'm doing so I have the double incentive.

Ok, the single incentive. Even after buying epic flying and all for my DK, I have a good 13k gold and the only expense left really is dual spec for her.

But the paladin will be exalted with the Sons of Hodir finally soon (took a huge hiatus from that), and then I'll probably focus the DK on Ebon Blade for a bit. And then she gets to do Sons, and at some point I want to switch my warrior over to Oracles from Frenzyheart and do that grind. I like the puppies better, but I want those two gem cuts as well. And I don't need the green protodrake because of my blue one.

Freya, the adds the cabe a bish, especially the one that can one shot your tank.

On thorim, Steg had me solo in the tunnel and owned it so easy.

I'm not sure why we did it any other way, honestly. The first time we killed Thorim it was just me in the tunnel and it went fine.

If you grind rep at all with dailies, cash shouldn't be a problem. It takes 30 days of doing hodir dailies to max, with 100+ gold per day? Add on greens that drop and cash shouldn't be a problem.

Then again, I never buy anything off AH... I nearly cried having to spend 280g on 10 frost lotuses (for elixers) since I was too lazy to farm them. But I'm sitting on 10K gold, so seems a pretty big waste of time to farm cheap mats.

To go back to the keyboard turner debate, I usually go with both. As a mage, I am usually casting the same 2 spells overa nd over... and go with the FPS set up of moving with keyboard and turning on mouse, and if I need to use 6 to =, drop the mouse. I use a split keyboard, and all my spells are bound to 1 to =, with left half being dmg, right being other shit. I typically click the auxiliary shit that are on the right 2ndary bar, which is typically potions and food.

Not really sure I'd see any efficiency by switching movement to mouse, and would have a significant decrease in my ability to look in one direction and move in another?

Only thought about switching my potions and random shit to row z through b, but that's about it... anyone have recommendations?

Not really sure I'd see any efficiency by switching movement to mouse, and would have a significant decrease in my ability to look in one direction and move in another?

Well i strafed with Q and E. Forward was W. All my main abilities were bound to - ~, 1, 2, 3, 4, a, d, f, g, z, x, c, v, r, t,mouse3, mouse4, and the shift variations on each of those.

basically FPS controls, i think.

Archived