World of Warcraft

GoN

Guest thebadlady

Today I got dismounted for no reason and splatted on the rocks below. At least now you get an undead mount to bring your sorry ass back.

We can easily push it back in the day. I'm on pacific anyway, so I'm up late regardless. We don't really have a whole lot of committment from more than 4-5 people, which is enough for a heroic, and pugging 5 people would suck pretty hard.

Still in Chi-town, so not back till Sat. Wife is at the spa this weekend with her mom, so going to grind out some levels on my Alts.

team:

MT - Weekpaug?

OT - Yags? (not sure if anyone told him he's coming) or dond

H1 - GoN (not sure if anyone told her she's coming)

H2 - ? PUG maybe that wants to join

H3 - Ro

Dps - Me

Dps - Dond

Dps - Mandy

Dps - scuba steve?

Dps - ? PUG

I just saw this. I'd love to come along, but I'm not going to have a free weekend until for the next 4 weeks. :( Maybe after that?

I think my guild is counting on me to tank a 10man Naxx saturday night...I'm really not all that excited about it..so we'll see. Especially because earlier in the day they are planning on finishing (only arachnidQ down) a 25man PUG. That might just be way too much Naxx. Plus I do have some work to do this weekend. It would be great to figure something out because my guild is just clueless but I like a few too much to ditch them :/. I don't know, too much unnecessary stress. People I like that depend on me but are terrible versus people here with a clue that I actually want to run things with. Bah.

eta- 10man Ulduar? or OS? or EoE (I've never done it)?

I think my guild is counting on me to tank a 10man Naxx saturday night...I'm really not all that excited about it..so we'll see. Especially because earlier in the day they are planning on finishing (only arachnidQ down) a 25man PUG. That might just be way too much Naxx. Plus I do have some work to do this weekend. It would be great to figure something out because my guild is just clueless but I like a few too much to ditch them :/. I don't know, too much unnecessary stress. People I like that depend on me but are terrible versus people here with a clue that I actually want to run things with. Bah.

eta- 10man Ulduar? or OS? or EoE (I've never done it)?

I know the feeling man. Sometimes this game produces way to much stress for you know, a game. :P

10 man OS is fast and easy if you arent trying for multiple drakes. If you have a very good group 3 drakes can be burned down in a couple of minutes, but group comp is incredibly important using that method. EoE is more difficult than Naxx. imo would take at least a moderately geared/experienced group where OS is much more forgiving sans drakes. Ulduar you could do Flame leviathan no problem. Razorscale might be worth attempting as well, but I wouldnt count on it.

Got a pretty decent night in.

We wiped on FL because the raid leader wanted to skip launching people and shutting down Leviathan. Not sure why, but we wiped on that. I also noted that my ram again wasn't doing any damage. Does it perhaps only work on hard mode? Shut him down and got it easily.

Razorscale, Ignis, XT-002 one-shot all, and went to meet Kologarn. Took us two to get him, and got two stabs at Assembly before we ran out of time. Those of us who didn't have to leave at 11 swapped characters and specs around to get Emalon. I lost out on the healing gloves to the other paladin, but meh.

Walked out of Ulduar with a polearm from Ignis and Stoneguard. I have to throw enchants on both of them, but I'm a little disconcerted to be swinging Pinnochio's nose at people now.

And headed into Zul'Drak to start questing on my DK just in time to find an Ampitheater group.

And headed into Zul'Drak to start questing on my DK just in time to find an Ampitheater group.

I still havent done that on Rhae, I really should.

I can only make the middle hour of Thursday raids, so I showed up late to wiping on Vezax. We wiped and wiped and wiped and eventually I had to go, so they replaced me and continued to wipe for so long that the trash respawned. I think the best attempt was 75%. But what bothered me is that there was no attempt to improve, explain, or change strategy in the 50 wipes, it was just the same thing over and over.

Vezax has 3 main things to concentrate on.

First you need to decide on how to handle Surge of Darkness. You can kite him or use cooldowns. We do it with the tank using CD's on the first 2 goes, then Pallys the next 2 then either the tanks cds are back or we use a guardian spirit.

Now the other thing to concentrate on with the boss is interupts. If you miss interrputing on searing flames its likely a wipe. We ended up assinging 4 people in 2 rotations to be sure it got done.

Finally the casters need to contend with the Saronite vapors. We split into two groups and tried to alternate sides. We spent an entire night wiping to him our first try. @nd time around it went much better.

First you need to decide on how to handle Surge of Darkness. You can kite him or use cooldowns. We do it with the tank using CD's on the first 2 goes, then Pallys the next 2 then either the tanks cds are back or we use a guardian spirit. The other option is kiting
Kiting is ass, I think. Every guild I've talked with has mentioned how much more smoothly non-kiting is, especially on normal mode. Kiting on hard mode might be required because of the healing requirements, but even then the movement means less dps and a slower kill.

Kiting is ass, I think. Every guild I've talked with has mentioned how much more smoothly non-kiting is, especially on normal mode. Kiting on hard mode might be required because of the healing requirements, but even then the movement means less dps and a slower kill.

Only a bish tank runs from a monster 100 times your size wailing at you with a club 5 times bigger.

I am thinking of changing my name to Abrams

No name changes.

Steg, are u aware i may not be on tonight? My HD blew up. I just picked up a new one and will begin installation tomorrow.

Windows fix utility did jack shit overnight on the other. I might be able to salvage wow after i get this new HD working, If not, there is a lot of shit I'll need to install. I will try not to be late.

Good luck on Yoggy, Stego.

Moving into the Keeper section of Ulduar now that I downed Auriaya with my Alliance group. We wiped on the pull for like four attempts at the end of the raid night on Tuesday and then one-shotted her on Thursday, which felt pretty good. I think even my Horde cats should be able to manage to do that boss. Moved on to Hodir and the best our 10 man could manage was about 1.2 million HP left when he hit his enrage timer.

That was with three healers. Also two tanks, and I'm not really sure what is the point of having two tanks on that fight (on normal at least) because like a piece of FR plus a totem/aura seems to be sufficient to handle the regular blows. Have no idea how the Horde team is ever going to pass that DPS check.

Archived