Worldcon Roomies

Mich

Hmmm. That hostel doesn't look half bad, although I'm still kind of averse to hostel rooms with a lot of beds. Since the other roommate thing fell through I am still looking for a room. :)

They have smaller rooms as well Kat :) They have: 4mixed-5mixed-6mixed-6girl-only-10mixed-20mixed

Depending on current reservations, with enough people you (we) could probably even take over a room on our own :) Just request to be in the same room...

The place has a bit of a bohemian vibe. I haven't seen the entire hostel, but I did pick up my friend Mike there a few years back, so I got a look at a few rooms.

Patrick

Not sure if anyone else has made plans to stay here or not tycho. I'm game on the co-ed if we get enough people for one room. They asked that I confirm my booking closer to check-in time (around Aug 3). I'll be there August 6th - 11th.

So I guess just post in here if you book to stay there then when we confirm we can all ask to be roomed together. I'll shoot them off an email and see how that works...

ok so...

"the best to assure to be in the same room is to ask us as soon as possible as the places at the hostel are quickly booked ion this season. We could then do what we can to put your friends in the same dorm as you."

Well, i've purchased my con attendance as well as tickets on the so called party train to arrive on the 5th and will be leaving on the morning of the 10th. So if you would add me to any list i would appreciate it much.

If you're going to stay there just contact them to make a reservation and say you want to stay in the same dorm as Michelle T. Same goes for anyone else that might be reading this :)

Is anyone else getting in on the 5th, they added me to the reservation, but I still need a bed on wednesday night, so if other people are going to get in early we might be able to stay in the same room as the reservation. Otherwise i guess i'll just sleep in the common room on the night of the 5th and move into the reserved room on thursday. I already emailed them back to see what they recommend.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anyone else will be joining us at the auberge-alternative hostel or if it will just be two people. Did Kat decide to make alternate plans?

Soooo I have still not sorted out a room for Montreal :blush:

Anyone got a spare space? Or anyone else leaving it till the last minute and willing to share a room with me? Not sure I want to go with the hostel option to be honest, I would prefer a proper hotel room if there are any left in the city.....

Oh, there will be plenty of rooms left, have no fear. But the longer you wait means that you might not necessarily get something in your preferred price range. . .

Patrick

Archived