Lack o' News...

Well, it's the 19th, which is almost the 20th, which is almost the 20something days, which is almost the end of the month... So where's all the actual news? Anyone else chomping at the bit? The slowing down of the HBO show subforum is killing me, if you guys couldn't tell. Even WiC is slowing down. I'm dyin' here!

But seriously, I hope it's just the calm before the storm. I hope that in 10 days we've learned most of the under 25 cast, and we'll have posts upon posts of complaining about peoples' cheekbones and actors' hair colors, and further posts calling those first posts ridiculous.

My guess is that in two weeks we will have another major announcement.

ETA: if not then the show is probably canned for some stupid reason without the pilot being filmed.

We just recently had an actor Twitter that he was up for an audition, another actor Twitter that they are casting for Cersei, Jaime and Drogo in LA, had casting sides for 13 characters release on the web, as well as a breakdown for Khal Drogo. That is all pretty good stuff. The last few days have been quiet, but like you said, it may just be the calm before the storm.

I mean, I'm hoping we get some official announcements soon, but I think the leaks and tweets and rumors and speculation has made for some good discussion over the last week or so. Well over at my blog anyway. I agree that the forum here has slowed down a bit. But I'm sure things will pick up again once official announcements start.

And I expect those announcements to hit soon. It seems that auditions are winding down now. I suspect that over the next couple weeks Benioff, Weiss and McCarthy will be making final decisions on who they want in each role. Hopefully that news will reach us soon after everyone signs on the dotted line.

I cant find anything at all on the web. Where did you hear these 'rumbles and whispers'? :unsure:

I just watched a little piece on Fox News about a Hollywood props studio auctioning off all their zillion wonderful old movie props. The reporter said its a combination of the terrible economy plus 'concern of a possible writers strike in the works.' Then, they went back and talked about the various props, so, just that little bombshell phrase. Hopefully, fingers crossed, the reporter's just a loose-lip goof that doesn't know what she's talking about!

We just recently had an actor Twitter that he was up for an audition, another actor Twitter that they are casting for Cersei, Jaime and Drogo in LA, had casting sides for 13 characters release on the web, as well as a breakdown for Khal Drogo. That is all pretty good stuff. The last few days have been quiet, but like you said, it may just be the calm before the storm.

What is this "Twitter" of which you speak? I guess I will have to get on board. I'm still stuck on Facebook. I'm so 2007.

Thanks for all the good work on the WiC blog! I'll go ease my hunger reading the comments.

Haha! Yeah, Twitter is certainly expanding like crazy. I'm still trying to figure it all out myself. Here is a fun exercise, head over to Twitter and search for Game of Thrones and see all the people that are just now reading the first book. The fan base for this series just continues to grow daily. I can only imagine the explosion of interest if (when?) this series airs. Can't wait.

Haha! Yeah, Twitter is certainly expanding like crazy. I'm still trying to figure it all out myself. Here is a fun exercise, head over to Twitter and search for Game of Thrones and see all the people that are just now reading the first book. The fan base for this series just continues to grow daily. I can only imagine the explosion of interest if (when?) this series airs. Can't wait.

It would be sweet if Twitter made the discussions of the show more mainstream. But I'm intentionally staying away from that particular site mate. For the benefit of my health actually. I already have an unhealthy addiction with this board and adding something as 24-7 as Twitter to it and I'll be chained to my computer/cellphone for most of my free time.

I wouldn't expect any news regarding GOT untill mid to late July after HBO has premiered the last of it's show for the summer, Hung (28/06) & Entourage (12/07). Whatever attention they'd want to attract will prabably be directed to those projects.

I just watched a little piece on Fox News about a Hollywood props studio auctioning off all their zillion wonderful old movie props. The reporter said its a combination of the terrible economy plus 'concern of a possible writers strike in the works.' Then, they went back and talked about the various props, so, just that little bombshell phrase. Hopefully, fingers crossed, the reporter's just a loose-lip goof that doesn't know what she's talking about!
The writers strike was a fiasco, basically. With the economy the way it is: what could they hope to get now that they didn't get back then?

I'm hoping we'll get some news soon too. Any news, actually. I haven't visited WiC, but here at the forum the discussions have been pretty insipid.

And all these "this guy might be [insert character name here]" topics are driving me nuts. When are HBO going to feed us starving fans with some actual updates on the cast :( ?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually that's Alex Pettyfer, someone completely different. He was in Stormrider, no?

Either way I got the friends confused - the boy who plays the young Casanova in the Heath Ledger version is the one up for Joffrey, the other one is a different friend. The sister of the boy I babysat lurks on here and rang me to correct me. So this is me, corrected.

Shameface. His fault for having all these acting friends, really.

Archived