Jon's Burned Hand

oxmix

Isn't there a theory floating around that her and Jaime are actually Aery's children?

Yes. I don't support that theory.

After ADwD it's crystal clear, I think. He streches it all the time, so it woudn't lose movability, but it betrays him in the end all the same.

I was under the impression that the hand had healed fine and he only continued flexing it out of habit. I thought that thing at the end of his chapter in ADWD was just from shock.

But that's just my interpretation *shrug*.

He has to flex his hand to keep it from stiffening in the cold...I think it is more foreshadowing that he won't have to flex his sword hand anymore when he is holding one that gives off heat....;)

Yes. I don't support that theory.

I was under the impression that the hand had healed fine and he only continued flexing it out of habit. I thought that thing at the end of his chapter in ADWD was just from shock.

But that's just my interpretation *shrug*.

In ADwD, doesn't he say something along the lines that his hand is feeling stiff? Maybe I'm wrong, though. One way or the other, it's pretty ironic, imo.

Luke Skywalker... as in kisses his sister without realising it's his sister.

Is also the saviour of the people. Many a parallel.

Hey, it wouldn't be the first time a comparison like that was drawn. There's that whole Alfie Allen thing about Darth Vader.

Jon Snow is sooo Targ it's not even funny.

On topic though, I dont foresee his hand giving him any issues down the road. The cold on the blade betrayed him, not his hand.

The burned hand may mean something, but I have no idea what.

Remember Victarion's "healed" hand? Giving away smoke all the time? It's one of the elements people wield to argue he might actually be Azor Ahai (Born amidst salt and smoke). Maybe a similar meaning could be attached to Jon's hand, who fails him as his Brothers attack him. D.R.

It's a keepsake from Jon's first brush with a life threatening situation. As a bastard raised by a high lord he's been training with weapons all of his life but had never fought an opponent that was truly trying to kill him, and his opponent was a wight no less.

The burn is a handy reminder of the first time he was forced to fight for his life, and from that point on, whenever he feels a threat he remembers it.

Furthermore I find it interesting that his fire related injury gets stiff in cold weather.

Yes, I seem to recall that all the times he flexed his hand was when he was anxious or angry. It was like a nervous response to his emotional alteration. I might be wrong, but that's how I read it. D.R.

Archived