Jon's Burned Hand

oxmix

I don't really believe this, but...

Jon is Azor Ahai. Longclaw is Lightbringer - it's been held by an old northern house so it would be close at hand to fight the Others. He earned it by being reborn in fire - killing the wight. The salt part comes in because he was assigned to the Stewards (manage the salt?). He should have used it to stab Ygritte through the heart and it probably would have started to glow.

The burned hand is there to keep poking the reader in the face and say "hey, remember that I'm still dangling this Azor Ahai / maybe prince who was promised prophecy thing while also suggesting R + L = J."

The night is dark and full of terrible crackpot theories...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was brought up, during his whole engagmetns that he'll have with dany... if she sees his burned hand probably be like.. well we can burn more than that.. or some other one-liner.. i don't know if that's the reason he burned his hand, or if martin isj ust giving us a sense of his mortalitiy or what... but i think it coudl serve that literarally role later on.

Nah, Dany has burned hands after riding Drogon, too.

With my 20/20 hindsight I see his flexing as foreshadowing. I can't recall the exact quote but it's something along the lines of how if he let's his hand become stiff it might cramp up on him when he needs it most. /shrug

That's what supposedly happened to him when he got "assassinated" by those people, right?

I always thought that last chapter of Jon's was really weird...

That's what supposedly happened to him when he got "assassinated" by those people, right?

I always thought that last chapter of Jon's was really weird...

I think he had to disarm himself while with Selyse (like with Stannis) and someone messed with his weapon during that time. I think that the hand is reminder that the leader should never feel too relaxed.

I think he had to disarm himself while with Selyse (like with Stannis) and someone messed with his weapon during that time. I think that the hand is reminder that the leader should never feel too relaxed.

Ah. Well I meant during the whole Caesar affair. His hand freezes up and he also can't get Longclaw out of its scabbard. Which is weird because Jon has never had this issue before...

*sigh*

It's Jon's right and Vic's left ><.

*sigh*

It's Jon's right and Vic's left ><.

i dont know if wun wun was joking but i had the idea that longclaw would be used to kill ghost whilst hes on the funeral pire n dany would be the one to light the fire because of the whole "...three fires must you light...one for life and one for death and one to love.." prophecy

jons body would be in the salt under the wall and he would be reborn as azor ahai with longclaw turning into lightbringer because of the sacrifice... i could be wrong but i dont think GRRM would keep ghost around if jon was to ride a dragon so it would make sense..plus it would signify the whole turning from stark to targaryen thing

jons body would be in the salt under the wall and he would be reborn as azor ahai with longclaw turning into lightbringer because of the sacrifice... i could be wrong but i dont think GRRM would keep ghost around if jon was to ride a dragon so it would make sense..plus it would signify the whole turning from stark to targaryen thing

The dragons would still belong to Daenerys, why wouldn't he keep Ghost?? Ghost is already a Targaryen wolf, it has always been Jon outter Targaryen's traits manifestation with his white hair, red eyes, and not being with the rest of the cubs.

i dont know if wun wun was joking but i had the idea that longclaw would be used to kill ghost whilst hes on the funeral pire n dany would be the one to light the fire because of the whole "...three fires must you light...one for life and one for death and one to love.." prophecy

I rather think Wun Wun was joking. That's mostly because of the sunglasses smiley, lol.

Also, NO. I will be very angry and bad things will happen if Ghost is killed by Jon because of some stupid prophecy. There will be no killing of Ghost, and definitely not by Jon for ANY reason, understood? We've had enough direwolf murder.

The dragons would still belong to Daenerys, why wouldn't he keep Ghost?? Ghost is already a Targaryen wolf, it has always been Jon outter Targaryen's traits manifestation with his white hair, red eyes, and not being with the rest of the cubs.

No, I think Ghost is the manifestation of the old gods. Jon comments on his resemblance to the heart trees. Being an outcast is reminiscent of his bastardy. Besides, red eyes aren't a Targaryen thing.

No, I think Ghost is the manifestation of the old gods. Jon comments on his resemblance to the heart trees. Being an outcast is reminiscent of his bastardy. Besides, red eyes aren't a Targaryen thing.

But are a typcal trait of Rh'llor..

But are a typcal trait of Rh'llor..

Ghost's eyes are the red of the weirwood sap - I believe a distinction is made between Mel's eyes and Ghost's in the book. Most definitely Ghost's color scheme is to show that Jon is not really a part of their pack - while still connected to them - but I like to read into it more that the old gods have a purpose for him too. I wonder what Maggy the Frog would say if she ever met Jon and Ghost.

During the first three books, I believed that Jon Burning his hand, and Catlyn getting her hand wounded had something to do with eachoter... I didn't no what but I was really sure it would come together.

But when Catlyn became Stoneheart... It didn't really make sense anymore. Now I just think it is just a heroic signature wound.

Archived