What will never happen

Lian

You know, Rockroi, I can totally see where you are coming from. A Targaryen/Baratheon match would do much to unite Westeros. And Stannis and Dany have so much in common. Both are total hardasses obsessed with duty and justice, both desire power, both have tangled with dark magic and lived to regret it, both have taken a throne and found it far more difficult than they originally feared. And hey, we know that Stannis has a thing for pyromaniacs and Dany has a thing for hairy old balding knights. I know I sound flippant but in all seriousness, I think this could work.

And I also want to see Sansa happy. :)

I also want to see Jojen Reed get eaten by Drogo. That's wrong, I know.

I hope you meant Drogon the dragon and not Drogo the dead horselord... :smileysex:

I would like Jaime's golden hand to work just like in his dreams so he can pimpslap people like he did Red Ronnet.

I would also like Theon to live simply because he's such a delightful fool.

I'd love to see Margaery Tyrell set aside (her marriage to Tommen has not been consumated) so that Tommen can wed Shireen Baratheon, with Stannis as Lord of Storm's End, Regent and Hand of the King. That would straighten out the continuation of House Baratheon... just in time for Daenerys to fly in and roast them all alive. :)

I've always wanted to see a warm, fuzzy, Arya/Sansa reunion, complete with tearful apologies and sisterly hugs. While I do think it somewhat likely that they will cross paths again at some point, I highly doubt that it will be the heartwarming scene I've envisioned :ohwell:

I'd also like to see Sansa and Jon reunited. This one I don't really think will happen at all, which is a shame because it probably would be rather heartwarming. Sansa herself longs for this one in A Feast for Crows.

I want Alleras to make it all the way to maesterdom, shaming all the other acolytes along the way, to reveal her identity the day she earns her chain. Ideally, the archmaesters will be so wowed by her brilliance that they won't care that she's a woman, and let her keep the chain anyway.

Lastly, I want Tommen and Myrcella to survive, and Myrcella to grow up and marry her Dornish prince. I'm fairly certain that Tommen, at least, is doomed because of the ill fitting crown on his head, though I have a little more hope for Myrcella.

I really want to see a warm and fuzzy Stark reunion involving Jon, Sansa, Arya, and Bran (Rickon can be there or not, he never made much of an impression on me). Almost nobody in the series has been through more hell than these kids (okay, the rest of you will probably come up with like 95 examples...) and so.... I really want to seem them get some warmth and fuzziness.

To facilitate this, I want Arya to give up the whole Faceless Man thing, retrieve Needle, and get passage on the first ship back to Westeros. She can go to the Vale, help free her sister from Littlefinger's clutches, and then.... trying to picture how this would work given the war and the weather and such at the Wall.... heh, I'm leaving the rest of it for Martin to figure out. ;) Ends with the rebuilding of Winterfell and much happiness and light. Let other characters get the "bitter" end for once.

Anyway, that's what I want to see.

And I too want to see Myrcella grow up and marry Tristane (involving Cersei's prophecy being wrong, which I especially want to see, on principle if nothing else), and Sarella/Alleras become a maester. And I do think it would be pretty funny if Drogon ate Jojen, sick as that is.... he's an annoying little kid. (Drogo eating him though.... that would just be scary.) And I want someone to tell Gendry, finally, who his father was, only for him to shrug and say he's known all along and doesn't give a damn.

And I want Brienne to vow to kill Jaime, show up, then have a moral breakdown because she's in love with him and can't bring herself to do it. Cue her getting off her high horse with regards to vows, and the two of them having a bizarre-but-sweet romance. Causing much discord between Cersei and Jaime, culminating somehow in his slaying un-Gregor. And while we're at it, I'd like to see Tyrion forgive Jaime. And find love.

Heh, I would be astonished if just about anything on this list happened...

I want Stannis to marry Dany.

Why can this not be?

I want to see Sansa happy. That is so never going to happen.

Or this? I mean I don't think she'll ever be the same, but life goes on eventually, and I'd bet a lot of money (or at least some very valuable snack items from my pantry) that she'll survive.

I wish Master Aemon had lived long enough to meet Daenerys or find out that Jon Snow is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son before he died.

Me too, man.

Me too! I so totally want to see Sansa with the Hound in the end, ever since aCoK. And, of course, I want to see her happy, but I don't think that's completely impossible...

Another vote for Sansa/Hound but if that doesn't happen, then I want Sansa and Tyrion to reconcile. I don't think Sansa gave Tyrion a fair chance (understandably so).

Ned Stark will be revived from the dead and meet up with undead Catelyn.

Cersei will voluntarily give up her quest for power.

I'd like to see the monarchy in Westeros replaced by a free republic of small folk and the final volume of ASOIAF to show the noble characters trying to adapt to the new political reality. I don't think it's likely, but it would be bittersweet.

I'd like to see the monarchy in Westeros replaced by a free republic of small folk and the final volume of ASOIAF to show the noble characters trying to adapt to the new political reality. I don't think it's likely, but it would be bittersweet.

Heh, I think it would be pretty sweet actually. And there have been hints, along the lines of the highly successful Hand who was a blacksmith's son.

Still holding out hope that there'll be at least something like a Magna Carta before this is over.

Yes and Davos seems to be the most responsible political leader that we've seen so far, well the two of us can keep our fingers crossed for a Magna Charta. And elective and representative institutions and all those other good things.

I would love to see a Westerosi French Revolution. :idea:

Let them eat cake! :pimp:

:fencing:

I want to see Sansa happy too but I don't think that's impossible. She's in a good position to survive everything and come out with a good deal of political power. And I would love to see her with the Hound. :wub:

Archived