What will never happen

Lian

This topic is opened in response to the topic of what you are 100% sure will happen.

This deals with what you are sure will never happen, but wish it would.

As for me, I wish Jaime Lannister to survive the series and get a happy end of sorts, but, alas, I am totally convinced that it won't happen.

Thoughts?

I'd like to see Jon return to Winterfell, specifically the crypts, as represented by his nightmares. One of the great hinges of the story (for readers and the characters) is Jon's identification of his true Stark parentage.

However, my guess is that Jon dies an ironic yet satisfying heroic death prior to acquiring this knowledge, thus contributing to the bittersweet ending predicted by the author.

However, my guess is that Jon dies an ironic yet satisfying heroic death prior to acquiring this knowledge, thus contributing to the bittersweet ending predicted by the author.

That would be wrong, just wrong :(

I want all the Stark kids to have a reunion and I want the shadow baby to kill Melisandre.

tyrion will discover some form of time travel, go back to when he met tysha, elope with her someplace far, far away, taking as much gold as they can carry and find themselves a quiet little cottage where they grow their own crops, have lots of little children and live happily ever after. at the same time tywin finds out about jaime/cersei, has a nervous break-down and drives his own house into the ground.

... one can dream...

Arya and Jon have a happy reunion.

I think they'll meet again, but I can't imagine it being a happy one.

I want to see L+R=J being true and Jon rediscovering his true parentage and marrying Dany and living happily ever after.

What I suspect would happen that either Jon or Dany (or both) will not survive to the end of the series and if they do then L+R=J is not going to turn out to be true or Jon and Dany will not get together at all. Because this sort of ending I would consider to be bittersweet.

Reconciliation between Catelyn and Jon.

That...would be interesting. I always hoped for this as well before reading ASoS and AFfC, now I don't know how that would work out.

Another question might be, would Jon want to reconcile with Catelyn?

That...would be interesting. I always hoped for this as well before reading ASoS and AFfC, now I don't know how that would work out.

Another question might be, would Jon want to reconcile with Catelyn?

It was high on my wish list from the moment Catelyn said those notorious words right up until the Red Wedding. In fact, I practically expected Catelyn and Jon to interact again, if not actually reconcile; after Ned died, it just seemed so right dramatically. I personally love both characters; I think they're both decent human beings, so I was hugely invested in their relationship, and I really, really wanted a "happily ever after" ending for them.

After Jon's departure, Catelyn's thoughts about him aren't readily revealed to us in her POV...until finally Robb brings him up as a candidate for heir to Winterfell (right before the Red Wedding). I thought it particularly significant that even in Catelyn's own POV, she only admitted to remembering Jon after Robb openly suggested she'd forgotten him. In other words, Jon was (always?) there in her thoughts, only she refused to acknowledge it. Just as I'd begun to give up hope, Martin picked up the thread of their relationship again...and pulled the rug out from under me.

Now I'm fairly certain the main reason Martin had Catelyn utter those words to Jon was to give Jon a concrete reason to believe he'd never be accepted back at Winterfell, which is dramatically necessary. Of course, it also illustrated an important facet of Catelyn's character so I'm not complaining. Only I am. :(

Jon has little reason to want to reconcile with Catelyn, but I thought Catelyn deserved a chance at least to apologize to Jon for her outburst. I think Jon would like to think well of her if for no other reason than Eddard Stark thought well of her and loved her.

-I want Stannis to marry Dany.

There I said it.

I think it will never, ever happen in 100,000 years (which is like 50 Westeroes years). But it seems right. Stannis is the rightful Baratheon heir, Danny is the heir to the Targaryen throne. Let's build on this. Dany lands at Dragonstone and immolates the opposition. She then land sin the North, with Stannis racing South to Meet her. They treat with one another. Stannis is all Stannis-y, Dany is all Dany. And they just hit it off. Mal thinks Dany is AA reborn, and Stannis says "Oh thank gods, I really hated that I had to do that." That breaks the ice.

-I also want to see Jojen Reed get eaten by Drogo. That's wrong, I know.

-I want to see Sansa happy. That is so never going to happen.

Archived