Three treasons for Dany

Mandurang

What if its 3 betrayls danny does and does not have done to her?

Because see below.

imo it doesn't really make sense if you look at the words: Three treasons will you know - to me that sounds like she will be on the receiving end of the treasons, it is written in a passive way if my meager English skills don't betray me...

I agree with this. Basically, in my opinion, "three treasons you will know" is very passive phrasing, implying a lack of action on Dany's part, implying in turn betrayals she knows but has no active part in. This is much easier if she is the one being betrayed.

If it said, rather, "three treasons you will do," that'd be much clearer. In fact, there are countless ways to write a "you will betray three times" in a cryptic manner without the misunderstanding. "Three backs you will stab," so to speak, or "three trusts you will break," or...anything, really. GRRM is a pro who knows how to get his points across.

I think she's probably correct in interpreting this prophesy to mean she will be betrayed three times. The other requires George to have basically mislead the reader on purpose, and that seems unlikely given the scene he was writing.

Archived