What Legends of Westeros do you want to know more about?

I'm also a sucker for back story! I haven't read the Dunk and Egg tales yet, but I'm very interested in summerhall, and actually all of the attempts to bring the dragons back.

The story of the Nights Watch commander and the Queen of the Others sounds fascinating. I think that would give us a lot of insight into what the Others are ultimately and how sentient/ social they are.

If there was a Simarilion type book I would be all over that.

I'm also curious about the various religious beliefs, and whether any or all of them are true. I mean, Melisandre can see things in fire - how does she know that came from R'hollor and not just natural magic? The supernatural and the dogma are quite separate in most of the faiths. I'd like to see that explored further, and I imagine we will in the coming books.

What all facts(ie legends) do we know about Westeros?

For example we know Lann the Trickster, tricked the Casterly's out of Casterly Rock.

We know that Bran the Builder, helped construct The Wall.

We know the Nights King might have been a Stark.

Those are the 3 tales I want to know more about.

Whats yours?

I want to know more about the Targayens and The Doom of Valeryia.

I dont know if its really a Legend or not but I would love to hear more about how The Starks of Winterfell throwing back the Andals every time they attempted to cross the Neck.

I'm sure there are few more but I cant think of any atm.

I would love to hear the story of the Andals conquering the other Firstmen-particularly through the lens of biased Septons.

The Golden Legend arrived yesterday yay.

I hope that we get a lot of back story and world building in TWOW. I'd especially like to hear about the relationship between the citadel, the faceless men and dragons. Ideally this would shed some light on the Doom of Valyria also. Maybe we could also get some more information on how dragons and riders choose each other, and how they are trained.

AFFC:

Hopefully some of the dragon info will be in that book Tyrion has mentioned. With Sam in the Citadel with Jaquen/Pate and Marwyn on his way to Dany, I'm sure that we'll learn much and more! :cheers:

• 5 months later...

Prince Aemon "The Dragon Knight"

The War of The First Men and the Children of the Forest

The origins of the House of White and Black and the Faceless Men

The Doom of Valyria

Queen Nymeria of Rhone

... and last but not least... Theon Greyjoy and his origins on "The Jersey Shore"

Oh... And a journal of Euron Greyjoy's travels.

Second, third and fourth! I would really like to learn more about the history and culture of the First Men. We know they lived in barrows and used iron weapons, but where in Essos did they come from? At what point did the Broken Arm get broke? Were the children of the forest in Dorne? Wouldn't strike me that there'd be much forest there. That earliest history of Westeros and the first men would be extremely interesting.

The First men used bronze weapons, and barrows aren't dwellings but earth mounds that served as collective tombs. The First Men had a Celtic-like culture with clan-based societies run by chieftans.

One legend I would like to learn more about is Old Nan finishing her story of the Last Hero and the Others before she was interrupted. Is there a connection between the Last Hero and Bran the Builder, or is Bran the Builder the Last Hero?

I also want to know more about Rhaegar.

A complete collection of songs, poems (the stuff that Sansa gets starry-eyed over) and Old Nan's stories.

A complete history and collection of stories of the Nightfort (I love ghost stories).

A complete collection of Bael the Bard's works.

The Long Night

The Doom of Valyria

Hardhome

Lann the Trickster

Bran the Builder

The Night's King

The Children of the Forest

Well, geez. Everything, really! Just give me a key to the library in the Citadel.

Valyria. Everythings - It's gods, it's culture, it's people, the Doom... And a tale of the First Men. Where did they come from, which Gods they worshiped before the Old Gods of the forest, why did they came to Westeros, which of the modern Houses descend directly from them (Stark, Hightowers, who else?) etc...

Lann the Clever

Valyria. Everythings - It's gods, it's culture, it's people, the Doom... And a tale of the First Men. Where did they come from, which Gods they worshiped before the Old Gods of the forest, why did they came to Westeros, which of the modern Houses descend directly from them (Stark, Hightowers, who else?) etc...

This. I have often wondered about the First Men. The Andals came from Andalos, it is known, and kept their gods. The First Men so far seem to only have existed to help George give the North a little bit of a different culture from the South.

Archived