New South Wales BwB

Paxter

Well, there's been quite a bit of talk about this in Aussies and even more work behind the scenes by stormborne so I thought I'd start an official thread about it.

The mooted date at this stage is November 13. The plan for the evening seems to be (although it is subject to change): booze, food, booze, booze, booze, karoake, booze. And possibly a drink in there somewhere as well. ETA: apparently we're also going bowling beforehand as well - see stormborne's posts below.

Of course, anyone not already on the list is welcome to post here and join in the fun (and, yes, I'm looking at you Melbournites, Canberrans, Queenslanders, SA folks and Kiwis - get yourselves over to Sydney for a weekend).

Updated attendance list for November 13

Confirmed:

The Winged Shadow

Pax

stormborne + GG + mate

Horza

Ski + mate

brook + OH

JewBear (not for bowling though)

Dean

Neal

sh_wulff

Screaming Turkey + mate

fungi + garth

ThatGuy

Jeor

Unsure:

Jebus

Other possibles who haven't posted here (yet):

Daemrion

hahaha beat me to it Pax!

Further:

probably bowling before dinner (but likely combined with booze). Will need to book a place out for anyone who wants to partake in bowls probably by the end of the month, so if you're a lurker or we've missed contacting you then you have a few weeks to decide whether we are all too scary to meet or not :P will keep you updated with a price, one game or two folks?

also i believe we are looking at having a quiet meet on Dec the...16th? Sir Cam will be in Sydney and Morningsword back to regale us of her adventured in the america's....so if its a sticky point maybe that date is also another goodie...

Sorry stormy, hope I didn't miss anyone out from that initial list (not sure whether fungi or Dean are attending?)

And Ski can go jump in a lake - my flights are already booked. I'll take him off the list. :pirate:

Nah, in all seriousness, Friday 19 and the weekend earlier are fine with me.

20th works well for me :)

I will try and make the december meet too but that one might be harder, its the weekend after the middle demon child's birthday so it depends what family are up to.

ahhh I missed your edit.

I should be able to do most days in the last half of November although Saturday nights work better for me than Friday.

ahhh I missed your edit.

Sorry brook, I was so busy pulling the piss out of Ski that I forgot to mention that my flights aren't really booked yet.

But given that sh_wulff can't make the 20th either it looks like we might have to resort to Saturday 13 (Friday seems to be a non-starter). Is that day a possibility? If it doesn't suit we can always change it to a weekend after the 20th, but I won't be able to make it if that's the case.

Nov 20 will most likely be out for me ( sibling's birthday)

will try to use strongarm tactics to change it to following day

Already working my friend.

Sorry brook, I was so busy pulling the piss out of Ski that I forgot to mention that my flights aren't really booked yet.

But given that sh_wulff can't make the 20th either it looks like we might have to resort to Saturday 13 (Friday seems to be a non-starter). Is that day a possibility? If it doesn't suit we can always change it to a weekend after the 20th, but I won't be able to make it if that's the case.

I opt for Sat 13th. But we have to make it so our friend who's name starts with P can come.

13th is fine with me also :) not sure how it sits with other uni students?

if anyone wants to bring a partner in crime thats ok too, if anyone was wondering..

also strike bowling bar has some christmas packages...

http://www.strikebowlingbar.com.au/right/strike-christmas-parties-0

im not sure if anyone is into those options or whether just playing a game or two (preferences? price is 1 game $18, 2 games $32) and then finding a good cheap chinese (suggestions? i know a fantastic dumpling place...it looks incredibly trashy but what it lacks in decor it makes up for in food..the thing is i dont know the name of the place, only how to get there) place in china town...then we could pub crawl it back as far up george street as we can :P

13th should be fine for me, will just have to check with the OH he's not planning anything sneaky for my birthday but usually he would have cracked and told me by now if he was.

The bowling packages look good but I'm probably the only person on earth who doesn't like Chinese food. I'll eat it though so I'm not too fussed either way.

The bowling packages look good but I'm probably the only person on earth who doesn't like Chinese food. I'll eat it though so I'm not too fussed either way.

They won't take notice brook, at Aussiecon they went to an Indian restaurant even though I didn't like it. Nice guys, eh?

Not liking Indian is unnatural, I'd have ignored you too. ;)

Seriously though I really don't care, I can always find something to eat and the OH would be delighted if its Chinese because he loves it and usually misses out.

Not liking Indian is unnatural, I'd have ignored you too. ;)

:agree:

And for the record I'm not really that much into Chinese food either, but am more than happy to give it another shot without complaining the whole time (unlike other close-minded members of the Aussie BwB...)

As for the 13th, well, I think we have me, brook, stormborne, Ski and probably Horza on board for that date. Now awaiting confirmation from The Winged Shadow, sh_wulff, Brades and JewBear.

Archived