GoT in the UK (feat. new shots)

Werthead

Sky Atlantic is the new channel being launched by Sky to show their top-drawer imported American drama in the UK. It launches on 1 February 2011 and according to a Guardian article a while back, they'll be showing GoT mere weeks or even days after broadcast.

They now have a new trailer. Whilst they're very brief and nothing to get too excited about, there are two brief new shots of Sean Bean as Eddard Stark, a third we've seen before in other clips :)

And now news: April, Sky Atlantic says, via Twitter.

That are wonderful news. It would mean that I only have to restrain myself for a week or two before visiting WIC discussions.

Any news if Sky Atlantic will have a HD channel also? if they do, I'll get the subscription upgrade for sure.

None of those shots were new, they were all featured in the 11-minute long promo.

I think the scenes those shots belong to were in the preview, Steel street and Alaya's stablishment, but the shots per se, are new. The one that shows Bean's reaction to the ambush wasn't in the 11m promo for sure.

I think the scenes those shots belong to were in the preview, Steel street and Alaya's stablishment, but the shots per se, are new. The one that shows Bean's reaction to the ambush wasn't in the 11m promo for sure.

Exactly. They were very part of the same scenes, but different individual shots. In the prior promo we saw Bean pushing Gillen away in mid-shot whilst the Stark and Lannister guards draw their swords, but not of the one of him running outside and going, "WTF?" Also, there appears to be a shot of him walking away from the confrontation which was not only not in the previous promos, but actually seems to suggest that the fight with the Lannister guards ends completely differently to the books (where he had his leg crushed and was carried away).

Let's be honest here. Terrestrial British TV treats American series horribly. Not only they show them usually several months after the American season end its running, a lot of times they put them at very unusual showing times, changing showing days and times between seasons, if not during the same season, etc. If the series have several seasons it's even worse.

They do this even with highly hyped series that have met success at the States. Sometimes they seem to give proper attention to a successful series only during the first season, and lose interest progressively in the following ones.

British terrestrial TV seems only interested in British soap operas or the damned reality shows, talent contest and host shows. I understand people's frustration about GOT exclusively in Sky, but I learned long ago that's the only way to follow properly the new American series.

Let's be honest here. Terrestrial British TV treats American series horribly. Not only they show them usually several months after the American season end its running,

A lot of the time that's because some satellite channel has the first-run rights e.g. FX and True Blood, which means Channel 4 can't show it until the season has finished on FX.

Archived