New Board Skin: Try it out!

Linda

I've still got the problem Kal mentioned earlier, with the 'sign out' under my username on the top right being unseeable. (Tried it in Firefox 4, Safari and Opera; all have this problem.)

I'm not very keen on the word-balloon icons to the left of each forum, they look a bit naff. They have the look of a default option: can they be switched out? In any case that's a very minor niggle.

Generally the new look is nice, I like the tower and the new left-hand only sidebar: my only comment would be that the background colours could be a shade or two darker, maybe? Not fond of that shade of orange, myself. ;)

I am not 100% sure this is related, but in the "View New Content" view, the quote bubbles have become difficult to decipher: Red-brown seems to indicate new, gray for read, red-brown with a faint "=" within indicates previously commented on, maybe..., a big X indicates locked...

Zooming in to 400%, the "=" is in fact 2 lines of 5 words, which makes excellent sense in what it indicates. Gray and faint on dark red, very small though, is quite easy to miss, so perhaps an adjustment to color or size or icon or any other, might be helpful? :ohwell:

The icons are not something made by us, its just standard IPB. I am terrible at making icons myself so unless we can find a good full set that suits our colours, I am not sure changing is feasible.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet or if there is any sort of a fix for it but I've noticed since the new skin came up that if I click on "MultiQuote" it sort of whites-out (which makes it a bit unclear which posts I'm multiquoting), and that at the bottom of a thread, I can't see the test for "Reply" or "Start New Post" anymore, just the icon.

Overall, the new skin is nice. I use the Stark skin at work and then the standard one on my home computer.

• 4 months later...

So what does the "like" button do? Is it Facebook related or just an in-forum feature? I'm kinda confused because of the colors.

EDIT: Oh damn, I didn't realize this was the old thread. I was trying to post in the new one.

Archived