Why do the direwolves hate Tyrion?

limbstan

Maybe another interesting question to answer is why does the Hound hate Tyrion? Perhaos for the same reason only Sandor has knowledge having spent most of his life in Lannister service and the wolves have instinct. I know there are a lot of Tyrion fans (including me) but there is more to his back story and character than we know I suspect.

I never got the impression tgat Sandor hated Tyrion more than he hated everyone else or more than most everyone else looked on Tyrion with disdain.

Maybe another interesting question to answer is why does the Hound hate Tyrion? Perhaos for the same reason only Sandor has knowledge having spent most of his life in Lannister service and the wolves have instinct. I know there are a lot of Tyrion fans (including me) but there is more to his back story and character than we know I suspect.

I predict that Sandor, as Lannister man, knew (or knows) more about Tyrion's past than we thought so far. He may know about what finally happened to Tysha, having witnessed the rape. Or he may even have been among those infamous guards. Totally speculative of course, before any Sandor fan (actually I like this fictional invention myself) burns me alive. But at least possible.

I predict that Sandor, as Lannister man, knew (or knows) more about Tyrion's past than we thought so far. He may know about what finally happened to Tysha, having witnessed the rape. Or he may even have been among those infamous guards. Totally speculative of course, before any Sandor fan (actually I like this fictional invention myself) burns me alive. But at least possible.

No true Sandor fan would evrr burn anyone :)

Greywind never faced Jamie or Cercei or even Joffrey.

Sure he did - he had plenty of opportunity at Winterfell.

As for the rest - do you mean to imply that Theon's, Roose's, Jaime's etc. crimes against Starks are not of big enough magnitude for direwolves to take notice, but some Tyrion's hypothetical future crime is?

I think the notorious 'original draft' may have something to do with it. We don't know when Tyrion's intended northern arc was given to Theon/Ramsey; perhaps it was still in the plans as early as that point in AGOT. So in that case, indeed Tyrion would be doing something awful to the Starks in the future.

I was going to say the same thing. Tyrion was supposed to burn down Winterfell so it's likely if that were the case that the wolves wouldn't like him.

I was going to say the same thing. Tyrion was supposed to burn down Winterfell so it's likely if that were the case that the wolves wouldn't like him.

You mean the chapter where Tyrion returns fron the Wall had been written before Martin altered his storyline and he forgot to adapt it? Sounds unlikely since in that case we should be careful to take seriously any of the hints within the first chapters, no "tall as a king", no Old Nan stories etc.

I think the direwolves reflect their masters' emotions. I would go anytime with direwolves as antagonists to dragons if it would not negate R+L=J.

Perhaps it does....:devil:

Archived