[TV/BOOK SPOILERS] Question about a scene that might be in the finale...

kingof7

I would agree, just leave it out, but for the fact that it's one of the most infamous scenes in the book.

if they leave that scene in as written, it will look absolutely retarded seeing a dragon breastfeeding from dany. the power of the scene comes from the fact that dany emerges unburned from the fire and for the first time in hundreds of years, dragons are born.

we've already seen robin being breastfeed. how many inappropriate things do you want to see breastfeed in one season?

I have to agree that the breastfeeding aspect might come off looking a little silly. I also don't think its entirely necessary. However....

I believe the one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the symbolism. I always felt that this was a way of showing that her dragons were now her children. She has lost her son and will never bear children again, but instead she now has these dragons. Indeed throughout the series she treats the dragons more like children than pets. She's not the owner of dragons, she is the Mother of Dragons.

I'm also putting in a vote for bald just for the visually stunning aspect of it but i won't be incredibly disappointed if that isn't the case.

I have to agree that the breastfeeding aspect might come off looking a little silly. I also don't think its entirely necessary. However....

I believe the one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the symbolism. I always felt that this was a way of showing that her dragons were now her children. She has lost her son and will never bear children again, but instead she now has these dragons. Indeed throughout the series she treats the dragons more like children than pets. She's not the owner of dragons, she is the Mother of Dragons.

I'm also putting in a vote for bald just for the visually stunning aspect of it but i won't be incredibly disappointed if that isn't the case.

Sure, but it wouldn't symbolise motherhood, just weird fucked up biology.

They don't need that particular aspect to portray Dany as the mother of dragons. Just have them wrapped round her or whatever.

Sure, but it wouldn't symbolise motherhood, just weird fucked up biology.

They don't need that particular aspect to portray Dany as the mother of dragons. Just have them wrapped round her or whatever.

I agree with everything everyone has said. And I do fear it would come off as silly. But I still keep coming back to the point about it being best to stay as loyal to the books as possible. Sometimes things that are silly are just a part of the literature. See: walking, talking trees LOTR. lol

I agree with everything everyone has said. And I do fear it would come off as silly. But I still keep coming back to the point about it being best to stay as loyal to the books as possible. Sometimes things that are silly are just a part of the literature. See: walking, talking trees LOTR. lol

but we didn't see merry and pippin breastfeeding from treebeard!

I agree with everything everyone has said. And I do fear it would come off as silly. But I still keep coming back to the point about it being best to stay as loyal to the books as possible. Sometimes things that are silly are just a part of the literature. See: walking, talking trees LOTR.

If they take it out, it will not matter. Seriously. No one will miss it but the creepsters who are looking forward to watching the scene in slow-motion while pantsless. Honestly. Non-book readers will never know that it's not there and book readers will be spared the intense silliness of seeing three CG dragons slurping away at mother's milk. As far as the show goes, the scene is entirely, completely, totally, one hundred percent unnecessary. If they have it, fine. But they do not need to. They really, really don't.

I hope they do show her walking out with the three dragons draped around her as described in the book with no hair at all. I think they will be able to - if they choose - go a fully nude scene tastefully so that it is obvious everything she was wearing got burned off.

Course...with what they showed last night, they may just have the clothes burned away and no change to her hair at all.

At first I thought I remembered the passage wrong but i went back and re-read it. Dany doesn't walk out of the fire. They go to find her among the coals and ashes when its burned out. I always pictured her somewhat curled up with them but judging by the dragons positions its more likely shes kneeling with them. It ends with her standing as Jorah and the remaining Dothraki pledge their allegiance to her.

None off this makes full frontal nudity a necessity unless HBO wants to get that extra bang for their buck. Add in the fact that the book states explicitly that shes "covered in soot" and they can go as little or as far as they want. Its entirely up to their interpretation.

Will Ned's death be in the final episode? I keep reading theories people have that Ned is not dead or will be brought back to life. They say it's because everything that happened with him was so fast, that Arya didn't see it happen, that the tar covered skull isn't recognizable to Sansa...but I guess if they show the actual beheading, it means the end of Ned for sure. If GRRM has them not show it, do you think there's room for a Ned return? Sorry, I just started the books/series.

He is most assuredly dead. Sansa saw it happen. Cersei saw it happen. Both are POV characters.

I think it's a safe bet Ned is executed in episode 9 which is titled "Baelor". Ned is beheaded in the Great Sept of Baelor.

Archived