Who will be Cersei's "valonqar"?

LordTywin

Jaime. It is known.

:agree:

As far as I recall, the only evidence we have that Cersei is older comes from this quote in AGoT:

He came into this world holding my foot, our old maester said.

This is something that can be easily overlooked and the fact that Jaime is actually the younger twin, imo, is significant.

:agree:

As far as I recall, the only evidence we have that Cersei is older comes from this quote in AGoT:

He came into this world holding my foot, our old maester said.

This is something that can be easily overlooked and the fact that Jaime is actually the younger twin, imo, is significant.

Of course. And Cersei thinks soooo much that it is Tyrion, that I believe it will not be Tyrion. And I don't buy the valonqar being some random little brother theories, they make absolute no sense. :)

I think it's Tommen (specifically unTommen), otherwise the Maegi demanded that Cersei restrict herself to 3 questions and then gave her 4 answers.

I mean, that's the issue here, right? The Maegi said "you can only have 3 questions, and you won't like the answers." None of Cersei's questions were "how will I die?" She asked about marrying the prince, being queen and having children. Each of these questions was answered, and each answer was expanded upon. If the valonqar is anyone other than the younger brother of the three children, then the Maegi broke her own rules.

• 8 months later...

I think it's Tommen (specifically unTommen), otherwise the Maegi demanded that Cersei restrict herself to 3 questions and then gave her 4 answers.

I mean, that's the issue here, right? The Maegi said "you can only have 3 questions, and you won't like the answers." None of Cersei's questions were "how will I die?" She asked about marrying the prince, being queen and having children. Each of these questions was answered, and each answer was expanded upon. If the valonqar is anyone other than the younger brother of the three children, then the Maegi broke her own rules.

Wouldn't be the first time someone has broken the rules where Cersei is involved.

And I could see Maggy giving the pampered little brat a freebie, just for laughs.

I'm starting to think Jaime is too obvious as well as Tyrion. I wouldn't rule out Aegon or Loras. The prophecy says the valonqar, not your valonqar. I'm also not convinced Jaime is heading back to King's Landing.

There are even some clues that suggest Loras:

"Margaery + Joffery + Loras is a recipe for kingslayer stew." - LF to Sansa. Cersei is even worse than Joffrey.

Cersei is basically the new Aerys and Loras is for all intents and purposes the new Jaime.

Loras and Aegon are much closer to Kings Landing than Jaime is right now.

Jaime's thoughts on Loras in ASOS; "He's me."

Jaime has abandoned Cersei.

I don't think Loras got injured at Dragonstone. He knew attacking head on was stupid.

I'm starting to think Jaime is too obvious as well as Tyrion. I wouldn't rule out Aegon or Loras. The prophecy says the valonqar, not your valonqar. I'm also not convinced Jaime is heading back to King's Landing.

There are even some clues that suggest Loras:

"Margaery + Joffery + Loras is a recipe for kingslayer stew." - LF to Sansa. Cersei is even worse than Joffrey.

Cersei is basically the new Aerys and Loras is for all intents and purposes the new Jaime.

Loras and Aegon are much closer to Kings Landing than Jaime is right now.

Jaime's thoughts on Loras in ASOS; "He's me."

Jaime has abandoned Cersei.

I don't think Loras got injured at Dragonstone. He knew attacking head on was stupid.

Wow.....You have opened my eyes

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Doesnt he/she need two hands? I think/hope tyrion

No. Remember how Tyrion got rid of Shae? And Cersei's been pushing for Jaime to become Hand since the first book. And it has to be a guy because "the valonqar will wrap his hands..."

If Jaime is the valonqar then Myrcella is the YMBQ. He's only going to strangle her if he's enraged for a very personal reason and by the time this comes up he may very well be over her charms.

If Jaime isn't the valonqar, then there are other contenders for YMBQ.

Of course. And Cersei thinks soooo much that it is Tyrion, that I believe it will not be Tyrion. And I don't buy the valonqar being some random little brother theories, they make absolute no sense. :)

I don't recall anyone having suggested a random little brother. Every suggestion has had some kind of reasoning behind it. And you have to admit Cersei has alienated a LOT of people, most of whom have younger brothers.

Archived