GRRM AUCTION! Joplin gaming shop fundraiser for Joplin Red Cross Fund!

Parris

Hey folks and collectors!

In case you hadn't noticed over in the 'news' section, a local Joplin gaming shop is now starting an auction on eBay to raise money for the Red Cross Joplin relief fund, and both George and Neil Gaiman are donating items to that fundraiser. The list of items will increase as other writers, artists, collectors and fans donate items as well, so spread the word, and go to this url to see some of the items already donated by our own GRRM and the Fantastic Mr Gaiman.

http://mguinc.com/news_view.aspx?Articleid=833

Since many of the items George donated are gaming items related to ASoI&F and WILD CARDS materials from Fantasy Flight Games and Green Ronin, passing the word around to the gamers forums here and elsewhere would be appreciated.

thanks,

Parris

Link should now be corrected. Post about this in a couple of days, and will definitely be reminding people of it when the items are on auction.

I was going to drop you a note about that, but I see you've already found the thread, O Most Puissant One. :bow:

Anyway, I wonder if we can promote this throughout the site via announcements or something -- only a very select crowd ever make it to this subforum or the BwB subforum without prompting. :)

Here's another article on the auction, including some pretty brutal before/after pics from Joplin:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/index.html/_/articles/joplin-mo-charity-auciton

The whole effort originally comes from a local group of players of he A Game of Thrones card game, just to give credit where it's due. I hope this is going to be a huge success, and I urge everyone to check out the items once they go up on EBay and to bid uninhibitedly (is that even a word?).

This is such a great project. This has been a horrible year for severe weather in the US. You would think there would be sufficient $ from federal disaster relief and insurance companies to take care of folks, but this is simply not the case. FEMA is being stretched beyond its fiscal capacity this year. Some insurance companies are shady; and if I offend any of you that work for one, let me be specific. I know of some personal cases of folks that never missed or even had a late payment on their home owners insurance that are dreadfully being shorted even the below market value of their home, much less insured personal belongings that were contained within it. I fear the majority of people assume that private sector and governmental sources of funding will be adequate; and I am afraid the victims of these tornadoes will be forgotten, especially when the media decides it is no longer news worthy or "the top story" for their ratings and sponsors.

Archived