DC BwB Laser Tag

Guest Raidne

So, this is getting close. Let's get a headcount, yeah?

Please note if you intend to attend:

- Rad Bromance - The Ottobar - 7/23, evening

- Laser Tag - Shadowlands - 7/24, daytime

Boozing to follow each, I expect. Food probably somewhere in there as well. I'll look into places.

I can/will be at both. As many of you may or may not know I am in Bethesda now. If anyone can explain how to get to these places from where I am that'd be cool.

Colder Hands pointed out to me that I am not generally known to the group as of now, so if someone is driving and isn't comfortable offering me a ride at the moment, we should meet up for happy hour in the next 2 weeks so you know I'm not Frosty or worse!

EDIT: This is like 4 days away. Can we get confirmation on whether or not people are attending? It's hard to plan this way.

Don't forget to buy tickets to the show if you're going Saturday night: http://www.theottobar.com Doors 8pm, show 6:30.

Location info:

The Ottobar

2549 North Howard Street, Baltimore, MD

I-83 to 28th Street heading east, right on Howard Street. It's between 26th and 25th on the left. If you get there early enough for the lot to not be full, take a left on 25th, then turn left again into a tiny alley, which takes you to the parking lot behind the building. If you don't, you'll have to park on the street. I highly recommend not leaving anything visible in your car regardless of where you park -- I've never had a problem there but this is good practice anywhere in Baltimore.

Shadowlands

9179 Red Branch Road, Columbia, MD

Get directions from Google Maps for this one.

My proposal for afterwards is this place:

Ellicott Mills Brewing Co.

8308 Main Street

Ellicott City, MD 21043

Website here: http://ellicottmillsbrewing.com/

It's a brew pub in Old Ellicott City, an old-style neighborhood in the middle of what is otherwise a suburban hell. Pardon the annoying website; you can use the mobile version if you prefer: http://ellicottmillsbrewing.com/mobile/#home

I suggest bringing at least an extra shirt so you aren't sweaty and gross. Directions from Shadowlands:

1. Head northwest on Red Branch Rd

2. Turn right onto Old Annapolis Rd

3. Slight right to merge onto Columbia Pike

4. Take the US-40 E ramp to Ellicott City

5. Keep right at the fork and merge onto US-40 E/Baltimore National Pike

7. Continue onto Court House Dr

8. Turn right onto Ellicott Mills Dr

9. Turn left onto Frederick Rd/Main St

Destination will be on the left

Parking here is a little strange but should be fine Sunday afternoon, I think. A friend of mine who lives nearby is supposed to come for this.

Shadowlands opens at 10:00am on Sunday; I suggest we get there around then so that we'll want lunch around lunchtime. Thoughts?

ETA: Hmm, nevermind. I actually think I will be able to make it; so long as there's someone driving from DC that I can catch a ride with.

This. I don't have any means of transportation in DC so I would also need a ride. If someone is offering rides, I will definitely come out. I know that you all haven't met me before, but Ini has been videogaming with me for awhile, and I would be happy to meet up early so you can be sure I'm not carrying an axe or w/e.

Guest Raidne

See, the issue is that, to my knowledge, nobody is offering rides. Except possibly Dan? If he can make it? Does anyone have a car? Bueller?

Guest Raidne

Also, I'm pretty sure the only people who might not even know about this thread are Angie and jdiddy, and PMing is down, although I failed to text-stalk WarGalley and Alci until today.

Guest Raidne

Mark you don't live close to the end of the red line, do you? If you do, any chance you'd play taxi for Fez, Angel, and I on Sunday?

Guest Raidne

Okay, people it all comes together. Dan is coming Sunday. Fez and Angeleyes, get yourselves out to Silver Spring on the red line on Sunday and catch a ride up with Dan. I will already be in Baltimore. Then the three of us will catch a ride back.

Sound like a plan?

Yeah, I hate to exclude people from Saturday night, but logistically it's hard to get so many people without cars up here, and that's without even considering overnight accommodations.

I think that's all the maybes accounted except Isabella?

Okay, in order to get to Columbia by 10, I say we leave Silver Spring at 9:15. I will be waiting for you at the Starbucks right by the Silver Spring Metro station at 9. PM me for my number.

Guest Raidne

Alci, if you have a car, come ON. After laser tag we will talk Dance! If you don't, sadly, you're fucked, unless you can dig up Is. ;)

Archived