DC BwB Laser Tag

Guest Raidne

Guest Raidne

So, Ini went to a bachelor party where laser tag was played recently, and we were saying that it would be a kick ass BwB activity, right?

Considering that he thought of it, is there any way we might consider going up to Baltimore for one, just one, BwB event? I mean, it's freaking laser tag.

If not, fine, there's one in Arlington somewhere I think, but wouldn't that be the nice thing to do for Ini? And Mark? Notice Ini never comes and sees us anymore? This is very logistically difficult for me, but if people want to carpool, I'm down.

Anyway, what do we think about this idea? Maybe late July? Is anyone else coming into the District late this month or next month that we should plan this around?

There is a good laser tag place in Columbia. That is still in the Baltimore metro area, but it is on the south side and not as far to drive. There are also restaurants in the area that are probably group-acceptable.

Man, I used to love laser tag (called quasar laser in the UK), me and my friends got really good and used to hang out there waiting until a children’s party went in then go and annihilate them and make them cry. Good times.

I am so down for this. Really just pick a date and give me an address and I'll get my ass there. Possibly with other people in tow if that's what is called for. It is known that more people you know = more awesome where laser tag is concerned.

I don't know anything about laser tag places along the DC-Baltimore 95 corridor though. The one we always used to go to was in the eastern burbs of Baltimore and I'm not even sure it's still there. There's a place about 5 minutes from my house that I haven't tried out yet, but I think I'm too far out for you DC folks anyway.

As long as it's somewhere that's convenient for the most people and it has some kind of Friday or Saturday night all-you-can-play deal then that should be good enough for our purposes. If they sell beer, that's an extra bonus.

Guest Raidne

I insist on a nearby bar and possibly hotel, but I doubt there will be much opportunity for beer drinking while actually playing anyway?

I would totally go to Baltimore to play laser tag with Ini, but only if he wears his prom queen outfit. :P

Definitely don't have a car though, and I totally don't understand all this Railroad stuff you people on the coast seem to think is so cool. So like, is there a MARC station or something? Back in Ohio we just fuel up the V8 trucks and guzzle gas the old fashioned way.

And when it comes to beer and laser tag, it can and has been done. You need to find valiant men you can trust to protect you in a nook while you drink however. Long pants, stretchy knee high socks, profit :cheers: . Honestly it is like you all didn't have high school dances when you grew up. That is like, beer 101.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we still looking at the weekend of the 23rd? Yesterday I proposed to Raidne that we consider moving it to that Sunday -- the 24th -- which would accomplish at least two things for us:

- lower chance of hordes of screaming kids than Saturday night

- would free interested parties up on Saturday night to see Rad Bromance, an all-male Lady Gaga tribute band, at the Ottobar. Never seen them but I don't see how this can NOT be fun. The Ottobar is my favorite music venue in Baltimore, and has wonderful, friendly bartenders.

Thoughts?

Guest Raidne

I am down with this idea, although I may have to shift the weekend. Should know in a couple of days.

Are we still looking at the weekend of the 23rd? Yesterday I proposed to Raidne that we consider moving it to that Sunday -- the 24th -- which would accomplish at least two things for us:

- lower chance of hordes of screaming kids than Saturday night

- would free interested parties up on Saturday night to see Rad Bromance, an all-male Lady Gaga tribute band, at the Ottobar. Never seen them but I don't see how this can NOT be fun. The Ottobar is my favorite music venue in Baltimore, and has wonderful, friendly bartenders.

Thoughts?

Hahahahahahaha oh please yes

So, this is getting close. Let's get a headcount, yeah?

Please note if you intend to attend:

- Rad Bromance - The Ottobar - 7/23, evening

- Laser Tag - Shadowlands - 7/24, daytime

Boozing to follow each, I expect. Food probably somewhere in there as well. I'll look into places.

Archived