Where to get ADWD early?

I am surprised to not see more auctions, though I suppose the majority of people who have received books simply had their preorders ship out early rather than trying to buy extra copies to sell before the release date for profit. I'm also shocked to not see people trying to distribute via other means yet.

The first day of my holiday is when ADWD is released, so i'm really looking forward to getting to the seaside, walking into town and physically buying it from a bookstore in person and spending the rest of my holiday with my head buried in it, so i'd rather look forward to doing that in a week than rushing to buy it from Germany!

Two days after the release date, I will be in a cave for about a week. No, I'm not being cute and suggesting I will hole up and hide from the internet and world while I devour the book. I will literally be in a hole in the ground :) So it's either power read very quickly, somehow stop partway through and pick it up later, or put it off til I return.

Angus & Robertson and Borders aren't taking any new stock. The one near me is now a "Books4Sale".

I will go to my local QBD, but with low expectations. I half-wish it won't be there since I have pre-ordered it at Dymocks, which seems to be advertising it as 12/7 online or 14/7 instore (I will throw a small tantrum at the latter).

Dammit, I should have realised the signs at the A & R advertising ADWD must have been old. That doesn't leave me much hope then for a 'dodgy' way of picking up a copy if there IS an embago.

I'm supposed to get a call as soon as the truck arrives with copies of ADWD at the Brisbane QBD, so I'll post then to give you the heads-up. But I ain't getting my hopes up that it'll come in today.....

The wait is killing me here in the States. So bad that I went to my Amazon order and upgraded the shipping method.

And if it's not at my door on the Tues. the 12th for any reason, I'll be walking to the bookstore.... if any of you are NY Jets fans.... CAN'T WAIT!

Argh! You are right, unfortunately. They have just taken down their homepage banner that announced that ADWD will be released today.

I saw ages ago that they had listed ADWD for release on 1 July, but I always assumed it was a typo. At least I didn't get my hopes up!

Just a spoiler warning for all of you:

When you have the book, do not look into the appendices. The guy himself spoils all of us therein. I won't tell you where, nor how and what is spoiled, obviously, but I'm pretty pissed that I got spoiled about this particular fact by the author of the book himself. So stay away from the appendices until you have read a good portion of the book.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this here, but I really do feel the strong urge to prevent other guys from being as pissed as I was about that. So don't read the appendices!

That, in itself, is a spoiler.

HUH? Uhhh, huh? A spoiler is info that leaks what happens to this-or-that character in this-or-that-situation. Warning people not to read the appendicies so as to avoid spoilers, is not a spoiler. Weird... :stunned:

Archived