Where to get ADWD early?

Off the top of my head, I think that in A Clash of Kings, the appendix had Brienne as a member of Renly's Rainbow Guard, while she actually attained this rank during the course of the book - prior to that Renly had been saving it in the hope that Ser Barristan would join him. Of course, that scene is also where Brienne is introduced, so I don't know if it would be considered a spoiler.

there are always a few minor things revealed towards the beginning of the book, but I'd never call them spoilers.

So yeah there is at least one actual, regular bookstore in DC that is selling ADWD early. I just bought two copies (I'm a very good friend).

I want to assure everyone that everything I've been posting in this forum today was from before I had the book and now that I have the book I won't be posting again in the forum until after July 12th.

On a related note; when the hell did hardcover books get so damn expensive? I know its been a while since I've bought one, but $35?! That's crazy, if this was any other book I would've said no way.

So yeah there is at least one actual, regular bookstore in DC that is selling ADWD early. I just bought two copies (I'm a very good friend).

I want to assure everyone that everything I've been posting in this forum today was from before I had the book and now that I have the book I won't be posting again in the forum until after July 12th.

On a related note; when the hell did hardcover books get so damn expensive? I know its been a while since I've bought one, but $35?! That's crazy, if this was any other book I would've said no way.

pfft, clearly what you should have done is read the book, told no one, and posted crackpot theories that turned out to be true, so we'd all worship you as a future-seeing god.

Woah. I paid 15€, so about $20.

For people in Australia, Dymocks is saying the third or fourth week of July.

Strange, I pointed out the release date was the 12th but the lady said they would get stock sometime later.

If anyone on this board lives in Perth, WA; do you know when the Borders store will be closing?

The leaks seem to be spreading worldwide. I was expecting to get my copy on the 12th, but my wife found ADWD in the grocery store yesterday (July 5th) here in Northern Virginia.

ohhhhhh, I live in N. VA...I didn't think to look in grocery stores...going to try, even though it's coming on my Kindle at midnight on the 12th...

I'll shoot up to Rockefeller Center tomorrow, there's a little stand there that sells a lot of books. They might have a copy.

if they do, please pm me

Im glad im not the only one that's been doing this haha! I work right next to Borders so every day I go in and check to see on the off chance they somehow shelf it early. I always tell myself its not gonna happen so don't get upset when you don't see it and of course when I don't see one i curse under my breath and do it all over again the next day!!!

pfft, clearly what you should have done is read the book, told no one, and posted crackpot theories that turned out to be true, so we'd all worship you as a future-seeing god.

Some of the recent threads in the forum are very close to some of the (perhaps fake) spoilers I have seen. Not cool.

if they do, please pm me

Will do.

Of course, the chase is part of the fun, right all? I easily can wait till tuesday...but the fun is tracking it down LIKE THE DOG IT IS - IT SHALL BE MINE MWAHAHAHHAHAHA

For people in Australia, Dymocks is saying the third or fourth week of July.

Strange, I pointed out the release date was the 12th but the lady said they would get stock sometime later.

If anyone on this board lives in Perth, WA; do you know when the Borders store will be closing?

Really? My local Dymocks still say the 12th as is my local QBD.

Archived