[ADwD Spoilers] The Biggest Badass in the Series?

jurble

Barristan the Bold just walking into the king's (sorry, His Radiance's) chambers and confronting and detaining him.

Davos calmly asking the Frey his name, then declaring him a liar in Manderly's court.

Manderly, "The North remembers."

Tyrion and Jorah meeting. "Sell me your sword . . . [and] I'll drown you in gold." "I saw a man drowned in gold once. It was not a pretty sight." (Something all those who deal with the Lannisters would do well to remember)

Alys just hopping on a horse and taking off. Sansa should have spent more time with her when they were younger.

Wyman Manderly facts:

Lord Manderly eats steak for every single meal. Most times he forgets to kill the Frey.

Lord Manderly invented Kentucky Fried Chicken’s famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Frey.

Lord Manderly is 1/8th Frey. This has nothing to do with ancestry, every 8th meal the man eats one of fucking Lord Walders brood.

Lord Manderly is a vegetarian. Meaning, he does not eat Freys until first he puts them into vegetative state with his fists.

Lord Manderly kills anyone that asks, “You want Freys with that?” because by now everyone should know that Wyman always wants Freys. With everything. Ever.

Lord Manderly likes his ice like he likes his Freys: crushed.

Lord Manderly once ate a whole cake before his friends could tell him there was a Frey stripper in it.

Lord Manderly once ate a whole Fat Walda Frey to show a group of third graders how badass he is.

Lord Manderly once bench pressed Westeros. He then found himself with an enormous appetite, so he decided to eat Fat Walda Frey. Alive.

Lord Manderly once got into a fight with a Frey after the Frey stole his ice cream. Lord Manderly then grabbed the Frey, bit him in half and spat the Frey’s remains into a sleeping baby’s face.

Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know when Lord Manderly is going to eat you.

When Lord Manderly laughs too hard while drinking lemonade, he accidentally shits a lemonpie.

Lord Manderly could eat all the Freys with one hand, while taking a piss with the other.

The Iron Bank of Braavos seems like an insanely badass institution, and it never occurred to me until this book that whoever they back for the throne will probably win, just by virtue of the amount of sway and connections they must have(calling in favors, I'm sure Westerosi Crown isn't the only debtor) and the money they have to hire soldiers. I mean, with a few words from Tycho, the most unlikely contender from the War of the Five Kings could ascend to the throne in Stannis.

Ser Barristan Selmy, yes.

I count Victarion and Manderly out. They seem half-mad at least. Come on, that pie-thing was truly horrible. If that counts as "badass", then why don't you nominate Gregor Clegane?

One of them rapes and kills anyone that he happens to come across. The other kills three men who murdered his son and lord liege under the false banner of guest right at a wedding feast and then bakes them in a pie to the more of the same men at a separate wedding feast while gorging on it so they would do the same. Bad example. That's like comparing a ninja to a werewolf.

The Iron Bank of Braavos seems like an insanely badass institution, and it never occurred to me until this book that whoever they back for the throne will probably win, just by virtue of the amount of sway and connections they must have(calling in favors, I'm sure Westerosi Crown isn't the only debtor) and the money they have to hire soldiers. I mean, with a few words from Tycho, the most unlikely contender from the War of the Five Kings could ascend to the throne in Stannis.

Yeah the "Iron Bank" does sound totally badass. I wonder what kind of kick-ass support they will wheel out for Stannis if he survives the Boltons?

I count Victarion and Manderly out. They seem half-mad at least. Come on, that pie-thing was truly horrible. If that counts as "badass", then why don't you nominate Gregor Clegane?

I don't like Victarion. I am not about to defend him. But Manderly cannot be compared to Gregor, who kills for the sake of killing, who loves to kill, I think. What Manderly did was exact vengeance for the death of his son and his King (Now mind you, I am very much against the death penalty, and killing someone is big No-No for me, but disregarding this and consider that this is the middle ages). Wyman was in his right to do what he did per medieval standards. And in the cannibalism, the eating part has never troubled me that much, it is the killing part that has always been the problem for me.

Victarion is pure badassery. He's the fearless warrior, shrewed commander, and devout follower of 3 faiths for 3 times the help. He honors the Drowned God, R'hllor, and the Seven (He didn't sacrifice 7 girls for no reason). He has a charred uber hand forged by fire. He puts slavers to the sword. He frees slaves. He controls the best fleet in all of Westeros. He acts like it's all in days work to just steal Dany from Mereen.

Honestly, what makes him a much more awesome suitor than say Quentyn is, is the fact that Quentyn doesn't decide to kill Dany's husband within a second of learning she's married.

Now, before ADwD I was not a Victarion fan. Dude just seemed rigid and boring.

But after this book, holy shit.

Excuse me, did you mean "the biggest badass" or "the biggest jackass"? Because Victarion easily gets the latter trophy. After killing the poor fisherman he lost the rest of my respect and isn't gonna to get it back. "No man calls Victarion Greyjoy a fool and lives", indeed. Very similar to what Theon had done, killing two miller's children. Apparently it's just something the Greyjoys do: if afraid they will take you for a fool, murder someone innocent and helpless. The Old Way, I believe they call it.

I hope he gets Quentyn Martell's end, and the sooner the better.

If the Green Grace is the Harpy (and she seems like the most likely candidate now that Hizdahr is clearly eliminated), she's also quite the badass, albeit with her actions happening in the background.

Victarion is pure badassery. He's the fearless warrior, shrewed commander, and devout follower of 3 faiths for 3 times the help. He honors the Drowned God, R'hllor, and the Seven (He didn't sacrifice 7 girls for no reason). He has a charred uber hand forged by fire. He puts slavers to the sword. He frees slaves. He controls the best fleet in all of Westeros. He acts like it's all in days work to just steal Dany from Mereen.

He tells ridiculous lies with a straight face. "You are no longer slaves; I free you! You are now thralls, a great honor."

BRANDOR. Warging into Hodor, kicking wights ass. Yeah, Bran is quite the crippled badass.

Wyman Manderly was definatly a stand out character for me, though I picked it early on that he was going to fake Davos' death and that he was secretly for the Starks. I'm really, truly, hoping that there is no back-stepping and that he doesn't end up working with the Boltons again in any capacity.

I hate him, but Roose Bolton is the ultimate badass. He's Tywin Lannister but without any sence of emotion. He really stole quite a few scenes with just how cruel, cunning, cold and calculating he is, something I never really expected earlier on in the series but then thinking back through he has always been around. His arc to power is something that I think George has done with a masterstroke.

Manderly is the biggest badass in the book.

Followed by Barristan "Come at me bro" Selmy.

Victorian is batshit crazy in this book. Which is much more amusing then his whiny appearance last book, but not a badass by any stretch of the imagination. I'll be more impressed when he kidnaps Dany and steals her dragons.

Archived