[ADwD Spoilers] Is Jon handsome?

jurble

That calendar image above is now how I picture Jon (didn't really have an image in mind before I saw it). Bear in mind that Ygritte is seeing him as a defecting crow, and Alys Karstark is seeing him as Lord Commander of the NW... as another poster has mentioned, chicks dig the LC. So with both he's coloured by a bad boy/powerful image.

Whether or not the Stark features are attractive seems to depend entirely on the person bearing them. It was Lyanna's charisma and spark that made her attractive, whereas the quiet, grim Ned was "plain-faced". I like to think Jon's at least a 7.

I always viewed Jon as a bit Of a mans man and that's what makes him attractive. Sure Aegon might be more attractive but Jon looks like he has had a few fights and is more experienced ;)

Unless Septa Lemore was teaching Aegon about more than just the Faith, I would be reasonably confident Jon is more experienced ;)

While Jon in the fan art is a dreamboat, his pose is also ridiculously staged, like "here's Jon, Longclaw, Ghost, and Mormont's raven posing for the Sexy Men of Westeros Calendar!" Too contrived for me to take seriously, let alone envision him as a real person.

I actually like this one better for its simplicity. He looks so wounded here. I think I'm the only one who likes Kit as Jon?!

LOL, I just listed the reasons why *I* think he's attractive. No idea if he's actually handsome. Tyrion thinks that Aegon is swoon-worthy, but doesn't say the same about Jon.

The last time he saw Jon, Jon was 14.

While Jon and Dany wouldn't like each other as they are in the story now, I'm betting they will by the time they meet. Dany's gonna be sick of guys who just wanna kill everybody in their way. And Jon... well, he isn't sick of any type of woman yet, I guess. But he's sick of being surrounded by goofballs who suck at killing Others. If he saw Dany riding a dragon and roasting some Others or wights I'm sure he'd be smitten.

“Har!” laughed Tormund Giantsbane. “Don’t bandy words with this one, Lord Snow, she’s too clever for the likes o’ you and me. Best steal her quick, before Toregg wakes up and takes her first.”

“Toregg is welcome to her,” he announced. “I took a vow.”

“She won’t mind. Will you, girl?”

Val patted the long bone knife on her hip. “Lord Crow is welcome to steal into my bed any night he dares. Once he’s been gelded, keeping those vows will come much easier for him.”

Did anyone else get the feeling that Val was deliberately trying to taunt Jon into stealing her in the above passage? i certainly thought so.

I also think Kit makes a great Jon.

And Jon is still growing, usually guys grow till 20 or something like that and he's just 16 or 17 i think. Also if he is truly Rhaegar son he might grow taller than Eddard and be a better fighter then him too.

Lyanna was physically beautifull. Barristan ,i remember, said that he would pick Ashara because was in love with her not because she was more beautifull than Lyanna. When she was young she was looking like Arya so she wasnt too beautifull as a kid too. Probably just developed into a beauty later.

Jon might do the same.

If he saw Dany riding a dragon and roasting some Others or wights I'm sure he'd be smitten.

Disagree. Jon's no Dany. Dany's the one who falls for flashy, over-the-top machos. And while I think Jon's handsome enough (although definitely not strikingly so), he looks as ordinary as possible, completely different from Drogo and Daario. The only way she could fall for him is if she sees him for the first time with the direwolf at his side, with the Valyrian sword in his hand, commanding several hundred men and killing a few Others. That would probably be flashy enough, I think, for her to overlook the lack of golden teeth, blue hair, bells in his hair, and so on (Dany has an odd taste in men, I can't relate at all :huh:).

I totally agree that Jon's still growing into his looks. It's mentioned that Arya looks like Lyanna, but that it took Lyanna a while to grow into a beautiful woman. I always had the impression Jon was going to be the same way, especially since both his and Arya's faces are described as "long".

I like Kit as Jon, though I see Kit-Jon as visually different from book-Jon. I can like them both, though!

Although I was kind of put off by Kit-Jon's beard at first, I think it suits him well and I think I'd have a harder time with his characterization if Kit was clean shaven. I think he'd look too girly and too young.

Disagree. Jon's no Dany. Dany's the one who falls for flashy, over-the-top machos. And while I think Jon's handsome enough (although definitely not strikingly so), he looks as ordinary as possible, completely different from Drogo and Daario. The only way she could fall for him is if she sees him for the first time with the direwolf at his side, with the Valyrian sword in his hand, commanding several hundred men and killing a few Others. That would probably be flashy enough, I think, for her to overlook the lack of golden teeth, blue hair, bells in his hair, and so on (Dany has an odd taste in men, I can't relate at all :huh:).

Absolutely. This is what it would take and I would add he needs to be sweaty. Dany is hooked on powerful guys with greasy hair and sweaty bodies.

I can't stand Kit Harrington. The guy's face is too pudgy and whiney looking to ever accurately represent the noble, severe, and penetrating look that Jon Snow has in my mind. Plus, Jon has straight hair, not the curly locks of some dandy-boy. In addition, Kit Harrington is short, and not like to get any taller, like Jon is supposed to as the books go on.

I always got the impression that he's rather average looking considering all the descriptions of him having a sullen, long face. If he looks good to any of the ladies, it probably has a lot more to do with the wildings and the other black brothers being that ugly as already mentioned.

I can't stand Kit Harrington. The guy's face is too pudgy and whiney looking to ever accurately represent the noble, severe, and penetrating look that Jon Snow has in my mind. Plus, Jon has straight hair, not the curly locks of some dandy-boy.

I can´t stand is too hard, but Kid Harrington does not look like the Jon I imagined. His face is broad and not narrow; his hair is almost black and not brown. If I remember right, that he has the wrong eye color. His hair is curly and I always thought Jon has straight hair. And Kids body composition is not like the description in the books.

Might seem like a silly question, but we've seriously had no physical beauty evaluation on Jon in years. I had been hoping for Melisandre's PoV to give an indication of what Jon looks like these days, but she didn't do it.

I'm of the suspicious that Jon is pretty darn handsome. Both Val and Alys seemed to find him attractive, though that might have been only because of his being close to their ages and in a position of power.

Like what fantasy book makes a hero surprisingly homely.

I always got the impression that he's rather average looking considering all the descriptions of him having a sullen, long face. If he looks good to any of the ladies, it probably has a lot more to do with the wildings and the other black brothers being that ugly as already mentioned.

If I had to live with a "step-mother" who hates me, I would habe a sullen face too. I always thought this was a description of his mood and not of his looks.

Archived