[ADwD Spoilers] Is Jon handsome?

jurble

Between his black clothes, long face, and big white canine, I'm trying really hard not to make a Neil Gaiman joke. :laugh: But seriously, I think he's somewhat attractive but not traffic-stopping, but may well be one of the better looking NW guys considering the other ones that get sent there.

John Kerry?

If I had to live with a "step-mother" who hates me, I would habe a sullen face too. I always thought this was a description of his mood and not of his looks.

Actually, he only described as sullen around Cat and in the NW. He is smiling in a lot of the scenes with his siblings. He looks a lot like Ned and Ned did not have an overly long face. He had a narrow face as opposed to a round or square face. I see him more like Jeramiah Johnson/Robert Redford, but with long brown hair and dark eyes.

I can't fathom why so many posters in this thread want Jon to grow into Lysanna's beauty. He's a man, which I realize can be hard to remember after watching Kit Harrington portray him on tv, but...he's a man. Not a woman. The last thing most men would want is to grow into a beauty like their (possible) mothers.

:/

Well if R+L=J then he has to be and alright looking guy right? If R (handsome) and L (Pretty) then J is (ugly)? Does not add up.

There are controversies over how pretty L is, and...

There are cases of kids of two people considered good looking that are not.

Bitches love Lord Commanders. Plus he has an albino direwolf, that's the Westeros equivalent of rolling up in some awesome limited edition sportscar. And a Valyrian steel sword, which is like having a watch that shoots lasers. Plus he cut Janos Slynt's head off. He's like if James Bond killed Hitler.

All this just leads to the obvious, that the girls flirt with Jon to make Sam jealous. Nevermind that Sam's not around half the time, they know he's gonna hear about it and finally make his move on them, just as they've dreamed.

THIS. I love you.

Daenerys halfway thinks she's literally a dragon and that she has some sort of divine right to rule a land mass she's never even seen before. I don't know. From what I can tell, Jon is inclined to dislike or disfavor all noble women (i.e., Cersei, Catelyn, Selyse, and so forth) for this very type of attitude. If there is one thing Jon seems to hate, it's presumption and Daenerys is, if anything, presumption incarnate.

As for looks, truthfully, we have little to go on. I think the only women that Jon has directly described as comely are Cersei and Val, and that's a really generalized opinion because every man thinks the same.

I think this is a valid point and if they do fall in love, it will be after some serious character growth from Dany. She needs to be less presumtious AND change her taste in men a bit.

That of course is if Jon doesn't come back as an Other, I could see her liking him if he is one, he'd be a good replacement for blue-bearded golden-moustachioed mercenary.

Jon and Dany will never get together as long as Dany keeps her blind hatred for Ned. Until Dany realizes that Ned was actually the most honorable and respectable man to have ever walked Westeros, I can't see Jon ever being attracted to Dany.

I think I have always pictured Jon as a teenage version of Daniel Day Lewis, the same sort of bone structure and rather intense look but obviously softened by youth:

My link

Perfect. That's my Jon in my head.

Kit is sex on two feet, a wet dream with pouty lips, but he is not my Jon.

Jon and Dany will never get together as long as Dany keeps her blind hatred for Ned. Until Dany realizes that Ned was actually the most honorable and respectable man to have ever walked Westeros, I can't see Jon ever being attracted to Dany.

I actually don’t understand why they have to fuck for Jon to ride a dragon, no one expect Tyrion to fuck Dany for a dragon.

I actually don’t understand why they have to fuck for Jon to ride a dragon, no one expect Tyrion to fuck Dany for a dragon.

Jon and Dany are the quintessential fantasy heroes of the series, and as they are similar in age and described as AWESOME, naturally many people want them together.

I'm convinced the only way Jon gets together with Dany is if he doesnt know he is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. We, the readers, might know that he is but he won't since I could never see him consciously doing his aunt. A "happy" conclusion tinged with incest. Perhaps that is what George meant by the ending being bittersweet :P

Jon and Dany are the quintessential fantasy heroes of the series, and as they are similar in age and described as AWESOME, naturally many people want them together.

But isn’t that way to obvious? That is something Robert Jordan would come up with. I think it would be more fun if Dany is the new Nissa Nissa. Dany would look great with a sword in her chest :D

I'm convinced the only way Jon gets together with Dany is if he doesnt know he is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. We, the readers, might know that he is but he won't since I could never see him consciously doing his aunt. A "happy" conclusion tinged with incest. Perhaps that is what George meant by the ending being bittersweet :P

Or an orgy with honey and cocoa involved. Wait, no cocoa in the Middle Ages? Well, then just honey. A lot. :lmao:

Let's imagine the first time Dany sees Jon and Arya together. The main thing Dany longs for is the loving family she never had, and Jon and Arya are everything that Dany and Viserys weren't. She won't be able to stop staring.

Dany thinks Starks and Lannisters are about the same but wants to know every detail about Aerys and Rhaegar. The main reason she wants the throne is because it's her link to her family; she can't have the house with the red door, so she wants the Iron Throne instead. Meanwhile, here's Jon ruffling Arya's hair, and he's got this super sexy white wolf. Too bad he's just a bastard. Oh, forbidden fruit!

Archived