[ADwD Spoilers] Is Jon handsome?

jurble

Oh she would , she would, Im pretty sure about that, also Im pretty sure that Jon would go like ˝Meh, nothing special this one,what is she called? Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of bla bla, titles titles,, Val is hotter˝, that would be pretty damn hillarious after all that crap about her beeing the most beautiful woman in the world :lol:

I´d like this. I`m a great Jon fan and don´t link Dany, so I hope they don´t end up together.

I pictured him similarly to Arya. Long Stark face not necessarily handsome but noble in a way. Not a commoner face like Ramsay snow, but resembling the stark line much closer than neds trueborn kids. I seem to remember Cat being jealous of that in one of her PoV's. So not ugly, or ordinary, but not striking either.

Jon has only been described to the readers by male POVs, not by female ones. From real life experience I understand for men it's quite hard to distinguish handsome from ugly (though Tyrion is quite good at it, apparently - remember his opinions on Janos Slynt and Aegon/Young Griff). Tyrion never mentioned anything special about Jon iirc, but it's been said here before, Jon was only 14 when they met.

Still, if Jon had been astonishingly handsome, Tyrion would have noticed, just as he noticed Young Griff being so (and guessing his age completely wrong btw).

If R+L=J is true, Jon must have inherited his mother's looks and his father's skills and character.

Lyanna's looks described by Kevan as a wild beauty might be some hint to Jon being called half a wildling by some of his brothers at the Watch, perhaps?

Jon has only been described to the readers by male POVs, not by female ones. From real life experience I understand for men it's quite hard to distinguish handsome from ugly (though Tyrion is quite good at it, apparently - remember his opinions on Janos Slynt and Aegon/Young Griff). Tyrion never mentioned anything special about Jon iirc, but it's been said here before, Jon was only 14 when they met.

Still, if Jon had been astonishingly handsome, Tyrion would have noticed, just as he noticed Young Griff being so (and guessing his age completely wrong btw).

If R+L=J is true, Jon must have inherited his mother's looks and his father's skills and character.

Lyanna's looks described by Kevan as a wild beauty might be some hint to Jon being called half a wildling by some of his brothers at the Watch, perhaps?

I think by wild beauty they mean she was beautiful, but she was also wild in terms of personality. Ned said she had a touch of wolf in her.

I think he was handsome, but not to the extent that characters would comment or think about. Not in an eye-catching way, like YG or Jaimie. I think it's mainly bc of his

1) Position as LC, which makes him powerful and influential

2) His personality, which mirrors his fathers (Rhaegar). He's dark and brooding, and a lot of girls like that apparently

3) Lastly his Stark blood. He's presumed to be the heir to Winterfell, and many would find that appealing. Also I suppose the long, solemn Stark-look wouldn't look bad on an adult face

These things can make him attractive, but not handsome. And when he was with Ygritte he was nor Commander nor possible heir of Winterfell :idea: I don't know why, but I don't think Val or even Melisandre would find that his self-neglected claim of Winterfell could make him more attractive, by the way :uhoh:

These things can make him attractive, but not handsome. And when he was with Ygritte he was nor Commander nor possible heir of Winterfell :idea: I don't know why, but I don't think Val or even Melisandre would find that his self-neglected claim of Winterfell could make him more attractive, by the way :uhoh:

I think Val and Ygritte found him attractive because he was tough and a leader and the wildling women tend to prefer alpha males.

Ah I should have made my point clearer. I meant Val was attracted to him because he was a leader and Ygritte was attracted to him because he was tough, like how he killed the other wildling men when they first met.

Does anyone else think that the wildling culture is possibly based on the culture of cavemen?

Ah I should have made my point clearer. I meant Val was attracted to him because he was a leader and Ygritte was attracted to him because he was tough, like how he killed the other wildling men when they first met.

:thumbsup: Yeah, it makes sense. Not a leader but a man capable of stealing her.

This is my most favorite thread here ever.

Because of the utter importance of the issue? :P

On reread I noticed Jon is quite tall. Never pictured him that way before, though. More like average.

I think he sounds handsome but not classically or amazingly so like Jamie. His features may be a bit too sharp, too closed and serious on a teenager. Jon sound like the type that becomes more handsome with age. He is not boy-band material like Rob put it that way! He may not be the best looking guy in the room but he sounds as if her can definitely hold his own and catch the eye. I think Dany would think he's cute :leer:

Agreed; I think Jon has the type of severe, dark good looks that improve with age.

He lacks the sheer beauty of Jaime or Loras, but I believe his looks will last longer.

I don't think Robb was anything special, he was red-haired and stocky, not the type many women admire.

Archived