CHICAGO AREA BwB

I think what was being discussed was having the Halloween party on Friday October 28th instead of Saturday October 29th not changing this Saturday's meetup to Friday after work...at least I think that is what it was.

As for either, it really doesn't matter to me. Whatever works for the majority is fine with me.

Yeah, I realized that later. I left all my reading comprehension at work that day. ;)

I will be at Elephant & Castle - I will wear my new HBO "stick em with the pointy end" shirt

Okay since we are nearly there and this should be finalized...if I go to the Elephant & Castle at the corner of Wabash and Lake this upcoming Saturday (October 1) at 3:30 PM....will anyone else show up? LOL. If so, let me know and I will be there. Otherwise I will be forced to stay at the office all day Saturday and bill more hours.

I get out of work right at 3:30. I work in the medical district so it should not take me long to get there. I will be the 4-4:15. Save me a seat!

:)

My attendance still depends on whether my out-of-town friend is up for it, but in any event, I'd like to claim Obara Sand because Halloween costumes are always more fun when you get to carry a whip :) (plus it'll probably be relatively inexpensive).

IMPORTANT: EDIT

The night of the party will be SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29TH at 9pm, as ORIGINALLY planned. I cleared with everyone to potentially switch, but at the last minute the guest of honor said it HAD to be Saturday, so we are going with SATURDAY. Sorry for all the confusion!

As originally planned, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29TH. Hope to see you there!

With it staying on the 29th, it's not looking good for me to be able to attend. I will try to do it, but I'd say at this point it's about 20% chance that I can make it :(

Question: Anyone bringing anyone that is NOT a book reader?

Question: Anyone bringing anyone that is NOT a book reader?

Do you mean books in general? *gasping at the thought* Or just the ASOIAF series?

Greyjoy, Any thoughts on the best way to get out to your house for those of us without cars or those who don't want to drink/drive? Are you close enough to the Green Line or Metra stop for at least getting out there? I know I'm a few weeks early for this but just wanted to bring it up.

Also, I'm assuming you aren't going to want to get into directions and address specifics here and I'm guessing the PM system won't be back up and reliable in the immediate future...so if you want me to collect email addresses and then pass them on to you I can do that. I don't mind posting my email on this thread if you don't have one you want to post here.

Lady N, I think the easiest way to do this is via a closed facebook event invitation, where I will include address, etc. I'm assuming almost everyone has facebook?

my facebook is http://www.facebook.com/bestcellar

Friend me and mention this thread, and I'll include you in the distribution. Does that make sense? For those that don't have facebook, my email is bestcellar at gmail

Yes, my house is quite close to both the green line and the metra (three blocks away from both). Also for those that want to crash rather than brave a late commute for whatever reason, I have plenty of extra space (an extra bedroom with a pullout bed, a couple of sofas).

I think it's fine to bring people dressed in ways unrelated to the theme, and I think some non-readers are probably coming, but I want to limit them to guests of people participating (meaning I won't extend an open invite to every one of my knucklehead friends who don't care about this). I think it would be un-fun and against the holiday spirit to have a totally strict dress code.

That said, I hope everyone does dress up as a character :)

Off thread, Rachel and I are Robert Baratheon and Beric Dondarrion respectively, my friend Tim is probably coming as Stannis, and another couple is coming as Jorah and Uncat.

My bf watched the show but has not read the books (although I think he is getting tempted cause I talk about them non-stop and he was quizzing me on them yesterday). He's a decent sized guy, maybe he can be FrankenMountain.

Edit: I sent the friend request. :)

He's a decent sized guy, maybe he can be FrankenMountain.

That would be awesome because I will be carrying his supposed skull as a purse. Only I wouldn't be able to tell him, would I, because that would be a spoiler to him. So I guess I would just keep on holding up the skull to his head and shaking me head sadly and telling him I can't tell him why I'm doing that. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone wants to travel with l'intello and I to Greyjoy's Halloween party from the Chicago downtown area, just let me know. We've got the route and transportation figured out.

Come with us! It'll be so much more fun to freak and confuse people out on the el en masse!

Archived