Signed Westeros map auction thread

Yagathai

See http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/56664-cast-and-creator-signed-map-of-westeros/ for details.

https://plus.google.com/#photos/107229859163150105619/albums/5644181706338766913 for pictures.

This is going to be an old-fashioned silent auction. Please post your bids of increasing value in this thread. The auction currency is the US dollar (USD, $). Each bid must be at least $10 higher than the last, and I reserve the right to change the minimum increase at any time (so if the numbers get high enough, I may say that each bid must be $25 higher than the last, and so on).

This auction will close on 14 Sept 2011 at exactly 23:59:59 Zulu (11:59:59 PM Greenwich Mean Time). No bids will be accepted after that point in time.

Bids do not include shipping, which will be via the USPS. A winner in the US can expect to pay in the neighborhood of around $30 for registered shipping, including insurance. An international winner should expect to pay more.

Payment will be accepted via Paypal.

If you don't intend to pay, please don't post. We like to work on the honor system as much as possible here at BwB HQ. Don't ruin it for everyone.

There is a reserve on this auction! That means if that if the winning post is not higher than a certain amount, we reserve the right not to sell the piece.

Questions and their answers:

Q. What if I hate PayPal?

A. You can email the BwB treasurer at BwBTreasury at Yahoo dot com to see if you can make alternate payment arrangements. Please do so BEFORE POSTING A BID. Let me say this again, so it's clear: If you haven't made alternate payment arrangements with the treasurer in advance and you don't want to or cannot use PayPal, DO NOT POST A BID.

Q. What if I try to bid before the auction closes, but the post doesn't appear on the board until after midnight Zulu?

A. Too bad. The highest bid on the thread before the close of the auction date is the winning bid. Don't be a sniper. People hate snipers. In the case of an apparent tie, the person whose post appears last in the board posting order wins, so long as the date on their post is before the auction closes.

Q. What if the board is down when the auction closes?

A. Too bad. The highest bid on the thread at the auction closing date is the winning bid. The only circumstance in which we might consider making an allowance is in case of deliberate tampering or malfeasance, ie hacking or a DDOS attack.

Q. What if my computer breaks / my cat dies / my mother grounds me from the internet / I have a really pretty smile? Shouldn't I get special consideration?

A. No. Too bad. The highest bid on the thread at the auction closing date is the winning bid.

Q. What if the high bidder doesn't pay?

A. The high bidder has a week from auction close to make payment. If they don't, we'll ask the second-highest bidder if they want it, and they will have a week to respond and make payment. If they don't, we'll ask the third highest, who too will have a week. If they don't, nobody gets it. We may decide to re-auction it or dispose of it some other way.

Q. Are you going to participate in the auction as a bidder?

A. No. That would be wildly inappropriate, and not a fun way.

With that, let's start the bidding at $300. Who will give me $300?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived