Mobile Version Broke After Forum Update

Palpatine

The mobile version used to work great before the update. However, my browser goes directly to the normal site starting yesterday even the browser still identifies itself as tablet browser. When I click the mobile version link on the index page it brings me back to the normal index page. I understand it's not worth it to write your own mobile version, but my impression is that the forum framework you use has a mobile verson built in. Maybe you just didn't turn it on?

If you select Change Theme instead of Use Mobile Version, you can select the IP Mobile skin. However, as I have found on my Droid phone/PC, if you are logged in the skin setting you choose is universal. As I mentioned in the Upgrade/Bug thread, when I first logged into my phone, it came up with main SoIaF skin, so I changed to IP Board. That was a universal setting when I opened up my browser on my laptop. It loaded the mobile skin, When I swapped back out to the main skin, so did my phone.

So the prompt that loaded the mobile skin (by IP association or something else?) is broken.

Apologies for this. I know it's broken, and we hope to get some sort of help for it as we basically can't debug it -- the only tool we know of to debug on iOs Safari is a third-party javascript bookmarklet like Firebug Lite, and that one renders as badly as everything else and is thus unusuable.

We'll try to sort it out when we can. Until then, I would suggest taking a look at Tapatalk or, if you're on an iOs device, Invision's own app.

Okay, I do believe I've sorted it out on iPad. Had to do with the viewport settings.

I am not sure if it's going to affect users on other iOS devices, so if there's an issue with that, please let me know.

• 1 month later...

Archived