London - winter is coming

Sadly, I've already had to cancel my planned festive trip to visit the Scottish BwB thanks to Delta losing my suitcase and leaving me too skint for any more travel this year. :(

Ah, too bad. :(

Leaving hotel now. From piccadilly, shouldnt take more than 20 mins to get there. Tall, suave, sophisticated is tonight's look. For someone else, not me. Brown coat, grey scarf, otherwise all in blue.

Is this the famous overcoat?

Is this the famous overcoat?

Angalin, your impressive memory powers are disturibing. Yes, this was indeed the famous coat, which causd me so much hassle to find.

I had to bail rather early on the get-together (9ish) due to an accumulated sleep backlog after the week in Germany. However, it should be quality not quantity of the time spent that counts. MCGeek, Williamjm and Eloisa all appeared at various points and we spent a fund few hours discussing GRRM, economics, life in general and other large topics. It was a great first BwB event for me. Thanks everyone!

I had to bail rather early on the get-together (9ish) due to an accumulated sleep backlog after the week in Germany. However, it should be quality not quantity of the time spent that counts. MCGeek, Williamjm and Eloisa all appeared at various points and we spent a fund few hours discussing GRRM, economics, life in general and other large topics. It was a great first BwB event for me. Thanks everyone!

It was nice to meet you, Aratan.

As we predicted before you left, Isis and Jo did turn up literally 5 minutes after you left, so you just missed them. There were some more fun discussion afterwards, including various bits of EasterCon planning, MCGeek's ambitions to become a Maester, and I've just been re-reading this parody since the only thing I could remember from it when we were discussing it was the phrase "Still not King".

It was also suggested that we might have a pre-Christmas meet sometime in December, which sounds like a good idea, although I suppose it depends on how much free time people will have in the run-up to Christmas.

Angalin, your impressive memory powers are disturibing. Yes, this was indeed the famous coat, which causd me so much hassle to find.

I remember some things: important fashion issues, for instance. :P But no pictures?

Will be in the Turl in about ten days, but am more likely to do serious ogling in Little Clarendon Street.

Archived