Sandor and Sansa II

brashcandy

I don't know if someone discussed it, but if ever Sandor and Sansa get together there might be a big trouble for Sandor - Sansa's "evil" husband is eventually going to return to the Westeros and there is a real chance it will be on dragon's back. And we just know how Sandor and fire fit together.

Now, there was no great love between Tyrion and Sansa, but how will he take that she voluntarily choose one of few men in Westeros that are as ugly as him only tall...I would wager not that well.

I'm glad I'm not the only who thinks that Tyrion will completely freak out over this and possibly attempt to avenge himself against Sansa and/or Sandor, were he to learn of it. Tyrion can take the crushes on the pretty noble lords like the valient Ser Loras and understand them. But Sandor is Tyrion's inferior in almost every way -- less educated, brutish and mean, the lowest of the low on the totem pole of the nobility, a dog... and one of the tallest men in Westeros with a nice strong sword arm. No, Tyrion will not take that well, especially not the new and improved Tyrion from ADWD. :lol:

Sweetrobin's crush is not creepy. Didn't any of you hardhearted people have crushes on older kids when you were that age? I think it is sweet, and GRRM did a nice job with it. And I think Sweetrobin is intended to be some of Sansa's education on manipulation -- she recognizes his crush and bribes him with kisses to get him to behave, and she is constantly manipulating him into doing what she wants.

Sweetrobin's crush is not creepy. Didn't any of you hardhearted people have crushes on older kids when you were that age? I think it is sweet, and GRRM did a nice job with it. And I think Sweetrobin is intended to be some of Sansa's education on manipulation -- she recognizes his crush and bribes him with kisses to get him to behave, and she is constantly manipulating him into doing what she wants.

This is really a good point. She is definitely learning how to manipulate him into doing things, I hadn't thought of it that way before.

I'm invading your SanSan thread with some very important news! Sansa and LF will fall in love, get married, and have a dozen children! Sandor will get eaten by a rabid hippopotamus!

:stillsick: :stillsick: :stillsick: :stillsick: :ack: :ack:

For once I am speechless! :lol:

I'm invading your SanSan thread with some very important news! Sansa and LF will fall in love, get married, and have a dozen children! Sandor will get eaten by a rabid hippopotamus!

:lol:

An ending worthy of a song, at least. Good one.

And then he becomes UnSandoramus and haunts the waterways of the Vale forever!!! :devil:

And from LF's perspective he is the downtrodden storybook hero who finally gets the girl!!! And Sansa starts an economic toothpaste empire by realizing the power of minty fresh breath :cool4: .

And then he becomes UnSandoramus and haunts the waterways of the Vale forever!!! :devil:

And from LF's perspective he is the downtrodden storybook hero who finally gets the girl!!! And Sansa starts an economic toothpaste empire by realizing the power of minty fresh breath :cool4: .

and to make it cheesy as hell they will name their firstborn girl catelyn!

Brash, I really like this and it is very insightful. In effect when she does recognize that she desires Sandor, she is shedding her childhood and entering womanhood. That means he has a huge role to play in the shaping of her persona. It makes a lot of sense. This is really good thinking.

Precisely, Shaggy. The pivotal turning point from girl to woman will be when Sansa/Alayne finally realises that oops, that kiss didn't actually happen anywhere but her imagination. This will be when she has to deal with this strange desire and not shuffle it back into some past life. She really can't get away from it at the end of the day, because it didn't happen, so I think we're going to see some further embellishment on that kiss in TWOW. We've already seen her having dreams of Sandor climbing into her bed.. I wonder if next she'll imagine that he touched her too? And does she remember actually touching his face? As far as I know she never references it after he leaves. It's almost as if she was acting outside of herself at that moment.

I wonder what will trigger the truth of the unkiss for her? I know some of us believe that she'll never realise it didn't happen, but I really think she has to. How else are we gonna see her finally ownng up to what that fantasy could mean?

I wonder what will trigger the truth of the unkiss for her? I know some of us believe that she'll never realise it didn't happen, but I really think she has to. How else are we gonna see her finally ownng up to what that fantasy could mean?

i always thought, that she will realise it when she sees him again. not sure though how she will eventually get to that conclusion. maybe she won't even realise it by herself and it probably is going to be something he says or the way he acts. ending in a lot of confusion and finally understanding what kind of big impact sandor had on her and that will lead to her taking back the identity of sansa.

i'm not sure if that makes a lot of sense, though :P

Precisely, Shaggy. The pivotal turning point from girl to woman will be when Sansa/Alayne finally realises that oops, that kiss didn't actually happen anywhere but her imagination. This will be when she has to deal with this strange desire and not shuffle it back into some past life. She really can't get away from it at the end of the day, because it didn't happen, so I think we're going to see some further embellishment on that kiss in TWOW. We've already seen her having dreams of Sandor climbing into her bed.. I wonder if next she'll imagine that he touched her too? And does she remember actually touching his face? As far as I know she never references it after he leaves. It's almost as if she was acting outside of herself at that moment.

It wouldn't make sense if she never owns up to the unkiss, so I agree she needs a trigger. After reading your insights, which I have subscribed to, it is the only way for her to move forward in her development from child to woman.

I do not recall her remembering touching his face either which is a bit odd because that was such a powerful moment. It was the right thing to do, which she did instinctively which had such a profound impact. That touch breaks Sandor, and he starts to cry. Damn that whole scene was so powerful, even the song she chose was so powerful. I loved it! ;)

I don't think Sansa will ever realize that he never kissed her. She remembers it. I expect continued embellishment of her memory, but people misremember or just flat imagine things all the time, and I at least have never had an epiphany of, "oops, it didn't happen that way." My mom has corrected me on some vague childhood memories and it still doesn't change what I distinctly remembering happening.

It wouldn't make sense if she never owns up to the unkiss, so I agree she needs a trigger. After reading your insights, which I have subscribed to, it is the only way for her to move forward in her development from child to woman.

I do not recall her remembering touching his face either which is a bit odd because that was such a powerful moment. It was the right thing to do, which she did instinctively which had such a profound impact. That touch breaks Sandor, and he starts to cry. Damn that whole scene was so powerful, even the song she chose was so powerful. I loved it! ;)

i totally agree, i had to read it twice. it was such a heartbreaking scene!!

I don't think Sansa will ever realize that he never kissed her. She remembers it. I expect continued embellishment of her memory, but people misremember or just flat imagine things all the time

I agree with you that there's a distinct possibility she may never recall the truth, but this isn't just some random event she's misremembering. It's a pretty big incident to think that a man like the Hound kissed you. This is why I think that Sansa has to pretend that it happened because she can't deal with the reality of actually fantasising about it. And I would be very disappointed if she never realises the truth, although I realise that the more time passes, the more likely she is to invest in the idea as factual.

Hmmm, the only thing that would make sense, and be romantic and uncheesy all at the same time is if she only realises when she actually does get to kiss him and learns that his kisses are not "cruel" at all. :)

This is strange to me too. Is it comparable to the unkiss you think? Where she either creates or blocks out a memory because she cannot deal with the reality of the situation. With the unkiss she's maturing sexually, and has a fantasy to suit this development, and by blocking out her act of touching his face, she doesn't yet have to deal with her feelings for him? Crackpot, sisterhood?

I agree with you that there's a distinct possibility she may never recall the truth, but this isn't just some random event she's misremembering. It's a pretty big incident to think that a man like the Hound kissed you. This is why I think that Sansa has to pretend that it happened because she can't deal with the reality of actually fantasising about it. And I would be very disappointed if she never realises the truth, although I realise that the more time passes, the more likely she is to invest in the idea as factual.

Hmmm, the only thing that would make sense, and be romantic and uncheesy all at the same time is if she only realises when she actually does get to kiss him and learns that his kisses are not "cruel" at all. :)

This is strange to me too. Is it comparable to the unkiss you think? Where she either creates or blocks out a memory because she cannot deal with the reality of the situation. With the unkiss she's maturing sexually, and has a fantasy to suit this development, and by blocking out her act of touching his face, she doesn't yet have to deal with her feelings for him? Crackpot, sisterhood?

i don't think that's crackpot at all..it makes a lot of sense in a way, that she just does not want to deal with the fact that she is interested in him and so blocks the indications for that. and subconsciously reflects on the kiss.

Oh, thank God, it's past time someone started taking oral hygiene seriously.

It would be a shame if the whole War of the 5 Kings boiled down to a lack of Listerine.

Also that LF's greatest weapon was his breath. If it has that powerful an effect maybe he can take on a Dragon! :rofl:

i totally agree, i had to read it twice. it was such a heartbreaking scene!!

Yes heartbreaking, touching and so passionate without any sex in it. I guess that is why I love it so much. :)

I would love to read a chapter on a real kiss, what it really feels like, because in that passage I quoted earlier I think she says she remembers the kiss well or something. So the real thing should be a shocker ;)

Oh good one. She hasn't yet developed the skills to handle it and it really was quite intense. I mean it would be intense for me were I in her shoes, and I am sooooo much older than her. I would say that this could be the case indeed.

You know, now that you mention it....

:lol:

Archived