NCAA Basketball 2011-2012

Rhom

In honor of Coach K likely breaking the all-time wins record, I feel that it is time once again to bring out
. :D
As if I need a video for such a deep-seated hatred that permeates my very being.

That's a shame, but welcome to the college basketball thread nonetheless! I look forward to having a more active and spirited discussion this year with no pro basketball going on.

How so? I do not recall any qualms you had with UNC before.

:fencing:

Bring it Jayhawk boy! I'm tired of beating up on SJohn and Commodore with the occaisional aeu for a snack, I'm ready to take on the REG!

You're just hoping the Bill Self doesn't continue to narrow the gap in our head-to-head record. Is it three or four straight that we've won?

As you say, I think depth will tell the tale. If Kansas can stay out of foul trouble, they have more experience to go with their athleticism and allow them to stay in the game with the more talented freshmen at UK. I think Doron Lamb and Terrence Jones will be the difference in the game. Another thing to watch for will be the defensive intensity from Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, he can disrupt things across the backcourt.

One other reason that I'm more confident than most KU fans (it's been all doom and gloom about this season since 3 of our freshman didn't qualify) is our chemistry appears to be just as good as the '08 team - those guys loved playing together. While last year the chemistry wasn't bad (it could have been better *cough*Josh Selby*cough*), it just seems to be that much through the exhibitions and our first game. We are also crazy athletic this year... not that that translates to success on the court.

Either way, I'm looking for a good game. I'm glad that they put this Champions Classic together and I will look forward to the Michigan State game next year and the Duke game the year after. (I think that's the order anyways.)

Me too. I'm very glad they put this together, and I hope it continues after the current scheduled games.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! the part about Duke losing I mean, well and about Vitale...you can have him. please.

I just don't want to hear coach K getting a blowjob live on the air for two hours... you guys can get that magical win next game :P

I just don't want to hear coach K getting a blowjob live on the air for two hours...

We're talking Coach K here...not Pitino.

Oh wait, it was only 15 seconds for him by his own admission. :eek:

Kentucky/Kansas was supposed to tip at 9 eastern... its approaching 10 now. Sigh.

Might need to put a pot of coffee on!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, you guys get Bobby Knight, and we get Vitale! "The horror! The horror!"

Let the knob slobbing begin...

I gotta say, comment of the night so far came from Bobby Knight. After talking about upcoming tournaments and Jay Bilas going to Maui and Hubert Davis to Puerto Rico; Knight said "Someone be sure to tell Hubert not to tell anyone down there that he's friends with me."

:rofl:

It's a freaking block party on ends of the floor.

Teague's been our best player tonight.

Davis's unibrow is a big topic of conversation on my KU board - some of the highlights are:

"Anthony Davis's forehead, brought to you by the letter M"

"Anthony Davis's head looks like the front of speedracer's car."

The kid needs to invest in some electrolysis.

Its been a big topic of discussion for UK fans for a while. Its kind of like Josh Harrelson and his jorts. Davis seems cool with it.

Teague has been pissing me off. I was a bit surprised to see him back in the game so soon after he got the hook with about 5 minutes to play; but that's one of Cal's big selling points with players I guess, he doesn't keep them out very long.

I couldn't tell in our previous games because the competition was so poorly matched, but we really are fast. You can definitely tell that the Kansas players are older and have had the benefit of college trainers for a couple of years though, our kids look like twigs compared to Thomas Robinson and co.

I look for Lamb to get rolling in the second half.

I couldn't tell in our previous games because the competition was so poorly matched, but we really are fast. You can definitely tell that the Kansas players are older and have had the benefit of college trainers for a couple of years though, our kids look like twigs compared to Thomas Robinson and co.

Robinson's gotten bigger, but he was ripped when he got to KU.

I look for Lamb to get rolling in the second half.

Johnson's done a really good job guarding him, and I really hope he doesn't go off this half.

Justin Wesley has been a very pleasant surprise for me this game, his defense has been outstanding. Damn good for a walk-on.

This has been an entirely different experience for me than the Marist game. Seeing Anthony Davis against equal competition really makes it easy to see what NBA scouts are so interested in. Gawd... I hope the NBA owners hold out for at least a two year rule. If they want to go for the NFL's three year rule, that'd be okay with me too!!!!

This has been an entirely different experience for me than the Marist game. Seeing Anthony Davis against equal competition really makes it easy to see what NBA scouts are so interested in. Gawd... I hope the NBA owners hold out for at least a two year rule. If they want to go for the NFL's three year rule, that'd be okay with me too!!!!

He's got some crazy long arms. Great for those alley-oops :angry:

He's not even 19 yet... two and half years ago he was 6'4" tall and played two guard. Can you imagine what he'll be in a few years after he puts on weight with NBA trainers?!!?

He's not even 19 yet... two and half years ago he was 6'4" tall and played two guard. Can you imagine what he'll be in a few years after he puts on weight with NBA trainers?!!?

He's going to be a great pro.

Taylor should be benched for the rest of the fucking game. He's killing us!!

Archived