Sandor Clegane v. 9

I think I always pictured Stannis like this: http://www.documenti...uin_phoenix.jpg , only a little rougher looking (not as handsome)

Renly... can't find the best image for him, but: http://28.media.tumb...bnha5o1_500.jpg But older, longer (straighter) hair, perhaps a bit less lanky.

Hold on for a bit. I'm gonna look up prophesies from the Citadel because I can't keep track of all of them, :P and I will report back!

joaquin phoenix does have that clenched jaw/ brooding stare down pat lol, the second guy though.. i dont see as Renly. I actually see like S2 Gethin Anthony as Renly. He has the build i featured + the hair/scruffy-ness. He definitely fits the part now.

Is there a post on the prophecies where we can discuss without differing to far away from Sandor Clegane... unless we go back to the one involving him, lol. I dont want to anger anyone (^.~)

Kay, so, prophecies:

1. http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Prophecies/Entry/1791/

He saw his father pleading with the king, his face etched with grief. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

Some of these prophecy was fulfilled earlier, but the part that seems to explain the stone giant, aka un!Gregor, was fleshed out in ADWD. By hanging around the boards I would be surprised if you didn't hear some mention of what happened to Gregor, aka un!Greg aka Ser Robert Strong, Cersei's champion for her trial by combat that presumably will be taking place near the beginning of the sixth novel.

Finally he looked north. He saw the Wall shining like blue crystal, and his bastard brother Jon sleeping alone in a cold bed, his skin growing pale and hard as the memory of all warmth fled from him.

It's also arguable that the part about Jon was answered in ADWD by what happened to Jon at the very end of the novel, but some people take that bit to refer to his loneliness and the toughness of settling into the Wall.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Prophecies/Entry/1814/

This one entirely, as it seems to foretell where Bran goes in the latest books, to find the three-eyed crow living in the ground.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Prophecies/Entry/1805/

This one, also because Bran travels to the crow.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Prophecies/Entry/1808/

This one, when Theon ransacked Winterfell.

joaquin phoenix does have that clenched jaw/ brooding stare down pat lol, the second guy though.. i dont see as Renly. I actually see like S2 Gethin Anthony as Renly. He has the build i featured + the hair/scruffy-ness. He definitely fits the part now.

Is there a post on the prophecies where we can discuss without differing to far away from Sandor Clegane... unless we go back to the one involving him, lol. I dont want to anger anyone (^.~)

Here, I'll start a new topic, that oughta do it.

Double never mind :bang:

Ugh, I wish my family would decide what they were going to do and stick to it! They just decided , "Oh no, let's not." So looks like I will be making that thread after all.

I know how that feels, ill meet you over at the thread! i have a whole house to clean now that my family has left... but i think ill put it off for a little prophecy theorizing.

Just watched Episode 2 of the show, and wanted to note that when Sansa and Joffrey were talking, Sandor looked very unhappy about it, and Joffrey touching her. :laugh:

I think there have been subtle hints even in the show. Yay!

i think The Hound serves as one of the few strings holding Sansa to herself. I definitely think she has feelings for Sandor way past the point of "protectional value" though and i feel GRRM is subtly stringing it through the tiny holes of her chapters.

I agree. It looks like she tries to supress her memories and her emotions, because they hurt so much, and yet she holds to Sandor's image, even though it connects her to the Sansa she was.

I wonder if he feels the same way about her. He is in somewhat similar position now: he tries to leave behind the man he was, and his memories just hurt too much. And yet, maybe Little Bird is in his thoughts as often as the Hound is in hers.

I agree. It looks like she tries to supress her memories and her emotions, because they hurt so much, and yet she holds to Sandor's image, even though it connects her to the Sansa she was.

I wonder if he feels the same way about her. He is in somewhat similar position now: he tries to leave behind the man he was, and his memories just hurt too much. And yet, maybe Little Bird is in his thoughts as often as the Hound is in hers.

I would wager that he thinks of her quite often, though I suspect his are more sad thoughts as he has some regrets about how she didn't go with him / he left her there for Tyrion, etc.

Sandor definitely thinks of her quite often. Like Sansa, he mentions her every single chapter that featured him in ASOS.

Yeah, it seems like in almost all the Arya chapters he's in, he does mention Sansa in some way or another. When Arya tries to convict him of Mycah's murder he refers to Arya as "Her little sister". Sansa's on his mind constantly so it would seem. Whether its guilty thoughts about leaving her behind, or comparisons on how different Arya and Sansa are, he even tells her about how he protected her in KL, and of the Blackwater Battle "She sang for me once" (Or something along those lines).

i assume they both fog each others minds.

Me too, i think they portray the characters very well. I've always liked Rory McCann so i have full faith that he will deliver a great Sandor Clegane (I think he proved as much in the first season. When he barely had any scenes, and his major part in the book was axed. Which to me was the part that drew me into / sympathized with Sandor Clegane, LF didn't do it for me, even though i already loved The Hound, if i was watching it as a "viewer" he didn't do it for me)

Sophie is great too, in the beginning she pulled off the "God Sansa is so annoying" bit and then by the end you really feel for the girl.

The casting is perfect for all the characters. I am truly upset at the recast of Gregor though, that guy was brilliant.

I can't wait for the blu-ray for these reasons^^>>!! Rory's audition with Sophie reading the scene where he tells her about his scars is what solidified his role as the Hound, it is known.

(also, Sophie and Maisie auditioned together too it's gotta be on the dvd, they have confirmed audition tapes will be on there woohoo!)

They really can't shut up about each other in ASoS. Re-reading that scene with Polliver and the Tickler makes me smirk and shake my head, because he's just found out the boy he guarded for years is dead, he's facing down two dangerous men who either want to kill him or bring him to his brother who wants to torture him first and then kill him, there are important things he needs to find out about Riverrun... and yet in spite of all that, Sandor turns the conversation back to Sansa the first opportunity he gets. It's obvious she is very prominent in his thoughts.

We don't know what Sandor said in his confession to the Elder Brother, but I'd bet quite a lot that Sansa Stark featured largely in it.

I can't wait for the blu-ray for these reasons^^>>!! Rory's audition with Sophie reading the scene where he tells her about his scars is what solidified his role as the Hound, it is known.

(also, Sophie and Maisie auditioned together too it's gotta be on the dvd, they have confirmed audition tapes will be on there woohoo!)

With our luck Rory and Sophie's will be the one cut, lol. I cant wait for the dvd release, I've probably watched series 1 a hundred times over by now. I am dying for bonus features.

They really can't shut up about each other in ASoS. Re-reading that scene with Polliver and the Tickler makes me smirk and shake my head, because he's just found out the boy he guarded for years is dead, he's facing down two dangerous men who either want to kill him or bring him to his brother who wants to torture him first and then kill him, there are important things he needs to find out about Riverrun... and yet in spite of all that, Sandor turns the conversation back to Sansa the first opportunity he gets. It's obvious she is very prominent in his thoughts.

We don't know what Sandor said in his confession to the Elder Brother, but I'd bet quite a lot that Sansa Stark featured largely in it.

Yes! i noticed that too, i feel that hearing that Sansa married Tyrion stuck out to / pained him more so over learning of Joffery's death (Which even though he abandoned Joffery during the battle, doesn't mean he didn't care for the kid, i feel as though he did in some way or another... Joffery cared for him too, in a weird way), even in his "death" confession it was mostly about his regret / guilt over Sansa.. he's got it bad for her, poor guy.

I have got to see those! :bowdown:

With our luck Rory and Sophie's will be the one cut, lol. I cant wait for the dvd release, I've probably watched series 1 a hundred times over by now. I am dying for bonus features.

Yes! i noticed that too, i feel that hearing that Sansa married Tyrion stuck out to / pained him more so over learning of Joffery's death (Which even though he abandoned Joffery during the battle, doesn't mean he didn't care for the kid, i feel as though he did in some way or another... Joffery cared for him too, in a weird way), even in his "death" confession it was mostly about his regret / guilt over Sansa.. he's got it bad for her, poor guy.

Eek, don't jinx it now! ;)

He feels like he's failed, and what happend is one of the worst things he could imagine happening to her, so that's got to be like a blow to the gut. Ahh, poor Hound. But I know he'll live to see another day, and to see his little bird again, I just know it!

I'll say it again: there is clearly a lovestruck teenage boy inside Sandor somewhere, all he wants to do is gab on about his "friend" ;)

OH, wow, that must have been one hell of a confession time. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on that wall......the lulz!

I'll say it again: there is clearly a lovestruck teenage boy inside Sandor somewhere, all he wants to do is gab on about his "friend" ;)

OH, wow, that must have been one hell of a confession time. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on that wall......the lulz!

Sandor is emotionally about 14. It is known. He does not know how to express himself around girls. This is why he swings from leering creepily to angrily berating to being oddly gentle.

Poor boy.

Oh man, I want to see this so bad. Also, I hope the budding SanSan relationship won't be too weird for the actors (Rory is literally old enough to be Sophie's father), especially the infamous "kiss" scene during BW.

Archived