Sandor Clegane v. 9

Okay, i may or may not have broken out ASOS, and i may or may not have read all of Arya's chapters with Sandor...

His plea for mercy was terribly heartbreaking!! GRRM is a horribly rotten man, my god.

He is. Aiee, Poor Sandor. :crying:

He hit his rock bottom, and while sad, I found his words touching, even despite how they were worded. That's just his style. He does care about Sansa.

He is. Aiee, Poor Sandor. :crying:

He hit his rock bottom, and while sad, I found his words touching, even despite how they were worded. That's just his style. He does care about Sansa.

Lol, it started off innocent enough, all i wanted to do was read the two battle scenes (The Trial of Combat and Polliver and the Tickler, since that was the discussion at hand) however i couldn't really control myself.

I took found his confession to be a bit more of an egging onto Arya so she could grant him mercy, but also a little grieving on his part with how he left Sansa to Tyrion, i don't believe he truly wanted to rape her, otherwise he clearly could have.

ETA : Does anyone have the page number to which Sansa has the dream of Sandor? I keep hearing of this and am highly curious (^.~)

To all those comparing Jane Eyre to Sansa and Sandor, Anne is so much better than Charlotte. That is all.

LIKE. Anne was the only one with a decent taste in men.

Sandor is not truly a Byronic hero, thank god. He has many of the "negative" traits, but he's not sophisticated or socially dominant like traditional Byronic heroes.

Byronic heroes are usually socially superior, wealthy, moody jerks. Sandor's just a moody jerk. ;)

I actually think Wuthering Heights was supposed to be viewed as horrifying and twisted and anyway I cannot get mad at my namesake, but Anne was definitely far more aware of the reality of the 'Byronic hero' and proactive about stopping domestic abuse than Charlotte, who essentially believed that if you wait long enough God will provide you with the Perfect Man and he can totally change, don't you worry your pretty little head. Have I mentioned I really don't like her yet? Yeah she's insufferable even through the decades.

Sandor is not truly a Byronic hero, thank god. He has many of the "negative" traits, but he's not sophisticated or socially dominant like traditional Byronic heroes.

Byronic heroes are usually socially superior, wealthy, moody jerks. Sandor's just a moody jerk. ;)

Jaime is more of a Byronic hero, with Brienne in the Jeyne Eyre role.

Lord Byron had sex with his sister btw...

http://en.wikipedia....chess_of_Exeter

but didn't anybody see a real life Sansa (a sister to a King) who married a horrible sociopath (Henry Holland alike Joffrey in character but like Tyrion not royalty and on the wrong side) who got a divorce to marry her lover

http://en.wikipedia....homas_St._Leger who was a Knight...

and though Sandor may not technically be a Knight, he is a great Knight like Thomas St Leger.

Hmn Verboten are you in Western Australia because?

and yeah Wuthering Heights is supposed to be a big take that agains the idea that love will turn a horrible sociopath into a nice guy.

That St. Leger guy sounds more like Littlefinger

Well it's true the administration thing is Littlefingerish...

but the Perfect Knight thing is very Sandor, he was only able to get into those administration roles because he was first a Knight. I don't think Littlefinger would have that devotion that St Ledger apparently had (he never remarried, had a chapel built... it's a real love story).

ETA : Does anyone have the page number to which Sansa has the dream of Sandor? I keep hearing of this and am highly curious (^.~)

I found the quote pertaining to the dream

"That night Sansa scarcely slept at all, but tossed and turned just as she had aboard the Merling King. She dreamt of Joffrey dying, but as he clawed at this thoat and the blood ran down across his fingers she saw with horror that it was her brother Robb. And she dreamed of her wedding night too, of Tyrion's eyes devouring her as she undressed. Only then he was bigger than Tyrion had any right to be, and when he climbed into the bed his face was scarred only on one side. I'll have a song from you," he rasped, and Sansa woke and found the old blind dog beside her once again. "I wish that you were lady," she said.

I just want to say that I DO think we should analyse it. From what I have read around the boards many people seem to be of the opinion that the dream means that Sansa has feelings for the hound but when I first read it I interpreted it as being part of her nightmare or something that she does NOT want to happen. I don't see any textual evidence that she found the dream titillating. The strange thing is that she doesn't really seem to have any reaction whatsoever to the dream, she doesn't think on it any more after she wakes which I think is weird. Can anyone expand further because the whole thing is bothering me.

ETA: If this has already been discussed out could someone please direct me to the relevant thread?

*has never read Wuthering Heights* :leaving:

And I must say I love that he is. <3

I've always had a thing for the uptown girl, downtown boy sort of thing, lol. So I'm glad he's not of a higher status to begin with. It wouldn't suit him.

Jaime is more of a Byronic hero, with Brienne in the Jeyne Eyre role.

Lord Byron had sex with his sister btw...

http://en.wikipedia....chess_of_Exeter

but didn't anybody see a real life Sansa (a sister to a King) who married a horrible sociopath (Henry Holland alike Joffrey in character but like Tyrion not royalty and on the wrong side) who got a divorce to marry her lover

http://en.wikipedia....homas_St._Leger who was a Knight...

and though Sandor may not technically be a Knight, he is a great Knight like Thomas St Leger.

Hmn Verboten are you in Western Australia because?

Brienne as Jane. Oh how I would love that to come to pass. :lmao:

The St. Legers also sound very viable as historical parallels !

and yeah Wuthering Heights is supposed to be a big take that agains the idea that love will turn a horrible sociopath into a nice guy.

Hahaha, so that's why the Twilight girl loved it so much. It all makes so much sense now... :devil:

Archived