World Of Warcraft - Prelude to Pandas

Greywolf2375

Mate was stollen character in similar way.

Some guy spent couple of weeks playing BG , and going to raids with him, getting to know each other, etc...

Then one day he said that he got amazing staff that he doesn't need, and would give to him for a modest price, Catch was that it was account bound, so he needed mates username + password to bound it to his account :cool4:

What to say, I guess that my friend is not the sharpest knife in the set. Still it got us months of fun teasing him :cheers:

What is in the WoW community that disallows the idea of "in between", "shades". Everything is not binary...it's not either/or....Top meters or you're being carried.

What to say, I guess that my friend is not the sharpest knife in the set. Still it got us months of fun teasing him :cheers:

that goes well beyond just "not the sharpest knife"...

What is in the WoW community that disallows the idea of "in between", "shades". Everything is not binary...it's not either/or....Top meters or you're being carried.

No idea, but you see this more often in pugs, in my opinion. Although it happens in real raiding environments as well.

On the other hand, you have people who actually work against themselves in that regard. We have a resto shammy who reforges out of spirit, but insists on using a 359 spirit trinket since he thinks he needs the spirit....then he complains about low healing done and lack of gear.

On a totally unrelated note, I tried Holy the other day on Spine of DW as Disc there can be utterly frustrating. And it works. Divine Hymn is a one trick pony which makes up the bulk of the healing, and it is hard to restrain yourself to just mana dump everything really fast, but with strict self control and mana management, it is possible to get a lot of mileage out of Holy, altho it needs some severe gimping to equip enough spirit items. I drop 3 ilvl just to equip enough spirit items to creep over 3k spirit.

No idea, but you see this more often in pugs, in my opinion. Although it happens in real raiding environments as well.

On the other hand, you have people who actually work against themselves in that regard. We have a resto shammy who reforges out of spirit, but insists on using a 359 spirit trinket since he thinks he needs the spirit....then he complains about low healing done and lack of gear.

Very true...we had someone switch from a hunter to a feral because we needed one. He was at 381ilvl and wasn't pulling the DPS we needed, so we replaced him with someone that would put out better numbers. He flips out because he previously had been in guild a long time and thinks he should basically be grandfathered a permanent spot. The melee leader then told him we were tired of carrying him because of his low DPS and they get into a shouting match.

How bout...you were sat because we needed better DPS, we know you put in a lot of time to get that kitty to 381, but its just a little short of what we need for the fight. nope...can't do that.

Congrats Kal on getting the money back.

Nice one Kal. And lol at dropping them in Twlight highlands.

Very true...we had someone switch from a hunter to a feral because we needed one. He was at 381ilvl and wasn't pulling the DPS we needed, so we replaced him with someone that would put out better numbers. He flips out because he previously had been in guild a long time and thinks he should basically be grandfathered a permanent spot. The melee leader then told him we were tired of carrying him because of his low DPS and they get into a shouting match.

How bout...you were sat because we needed better DPS, we know you put in a lot of time to get that kitty to 381, but its just a little short of what we need for the fight. nope...can't do that.

Congrats Kal on getting the money back.

Ya I know. Sometimes you can get a rough deal and have fights that really don't favour you (I am not envious of our spriest on Spine) but overall, if you know it, you should accept being sat. Our resto shammy probably thinks we often sit him for being a shaman and "you don't take shaman healers to progression raids", but the fact of the matter is, often it is actually the pilot and not the class. Our GL also gave this dude a bollocking for reforging all wrong before, but when called on being weird, he gets really surly and basically just blames his class. Ugh.

I have no idea what a bullocking is, but it sounds heinous. Unless it involves...no, never mind.

So - here's something interesting. Chaos orbs are now able to be sold on the ah, right? So, dreamcloth is super easy to mass produce.

If you time it right, you can find dozens on my server for anywhere from 115g down to about 20g per. Assuming 50g per orb, and 10g per bolt of embersilk...(fairly reasonable for Fenris) an illusionary bag costs 2240 to craft.

So... Saturday, after accumulating enough orbs at ~30g apiece, I made 2 bags, and listed them at 4k, 400g below the other sellers. By constantly undercutting by that amount, with the same 2 bags, by today, they were selling for under 1600g.

Yeah, screw relisting them, I finally have enough bank space for my treasures again.

I've absolutely no idea what 'bullocking' is either. :lol:

No proper Deathwing kill again as my weekly raid got cancelled, but I did pop into LFR and get him. Wiped a couple of times, including one time where his head dropped after the THIRD tentacle :stunned:, which led to adds spawning on multiple platforms and becoming uncontrollable.

We had that happen in a 10 man two weeks ago - everyone was heading to the 4th platform and had to do an immediate about face to get to his head. Almost had him still - though no idea if it would have been considered a kill or just bugged out more.

Sounds like you'll be forced to do something unnatural with Sandra Bullock. Ewwh.

I dunno...she looked a bit of all right in The Blind Side....but we digress :)

Yeah, Sandra was the ...."never mind".

Raiding is still causing some issues in the guild, in that quite a few of the RL's decisions seem to be heavily based on favouritism. It's a complicated group dynamic to explain, but it's there. It really comes down to some people being selfish, and raids being used to benefit the same 5 players, no matter what toons are involved.

On the one hand...I don't raid. So, in a way, I just don't give a fuck, but, I really have an issue with the high school "cool kids" attitude.

As a brief aside, I am one of the co-GM's, and the more active of teh two, and my "current" title is Kommisar, which is, and isn't a joke.

Anyway- So, an issue came up last night, where a posted rule was broken by one of the RL's buddies. It went unacted upon. The problem was...the posted rule isn't posted. Even tho all raiding rules, etc, were to be sent to me for approval for posting, and MY files show the rule..somehow, it's not on the guild site.

• 2 weeks later...

still no H Morchok kill. Best was down to 22% - probably should have had him last week but we were down a few regulars due to holidays. Hoping tonight we can actually get him.

Had our GM quit because of the drama his buddy had caused about being sat due to DPS. Hasn't left yet, but let us know he won't be on anymore and to let him know when we've decided who will be GM so he can log on and switch it over.

Was doing LFR on my alliance shammy, and the pug raid group had..... 6 resto shamans!!

That's right, folks, 6 healers and all are resto shams!

It actually did make Ultraxion rather trivial. Raid damage? What raid damage? Oh yeah, we need to heal tanks...

At the end of the fight one of the tanks quipped that we should all be getting a debuff called "Soaking Wet" from the 6X Healing Rain constant spam throughout the fight. lolz. gg Bliz.

Was doing LFR on my alliance shammy, and the pug raid group had..... 6 resto shamans!!

That's right, folks, 6 healers and all are resto shams!

It actually did make Ultraxion rather trivial. Raid damage? What raid damage? Oh yeah, we need to heal tanks...

At the end of the fight one of the tanks quipped that we should all be getting a debuff called "Soaking Wet" from the 6X Healing Rain constant spam throughout the fight. lolz. gg Bliz.

Ouch. Were there INT mail drops to roll on? Seems my shammy healer has been the fastest of all toons to gear up through LFR DS - won rolls for shoulders and gloves early on, and recently got a couple of the belts and a pair of boots. For most of the non tier-tokens, it was usually just me and one other caster shammy rolling need.

I don't recall the details, but I know I didn't win anything. I think 1 piece of caster mail dropped, and the rest were all tokens. With 6 shamans and a few paladins (3 I think?), it's a non-starter for tier tokens.

My hunter has had the most luck in non-tier gear, since there are very few enhanace shamans around, so you're rolling against other hunters, which average about 3 or so per LFR. I'm sure I'll run into an LFR with 9 hunters after I said this. :P

Wish they'd implement something like if you win something, your roll will receive a -20 penalty on next piece, or you get +5 for passing on a piece that you could have Need. I've been in a raid as a Priest where another Priest won 2 tier pieces and 1 belt, all in the same raid. I've also seen other LFR people won multiple pieces. Just doesn't seem terribly even to me, especially since LFR has now replaced token welfare epic pieces. This puts me in a bad position when it's my turn for the good luck. For instance, I had to debate really hard whether I should roll Need on the caster staff with haste boost from Blackwing on my priest when I already won a hand token. I mean, it's a small upgrade from my current gear, but haste isn't the best stat for priests, and I think DPS classes will benefit more from it, plus I already won a token. But then, it's LFR, so even if I click pass, nobody will really thank me. Meh.

I did end up rolling Need and winning, by the way. So yeah, there're really no incentives to do "the right thing."

Did my first LFR yesterday, which, to be honest, felt like a BH run more than anything. God bless the priest who actually bothered to take the effort to give me a few "do this, Vual!" whispers and shouts, because trying to maintain an aff rotation, AND watch the group to guess where I should be was getting iffy. Mind you, giving him a soulstone, dropping soulwells and feasts, and a cauldron, go a long way towards making friends.

Got a pants token....sadly, this meant the guild discovered me doing, well, a raid. After me refusing, for months, to have anything to do with guild raids.

Fuck em. My god damn guild, and I like them better if I don't raid with them, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

So DS will be getting the reverse ICC treatment. Instead of increasing player health & damage, boss health and damage is being reduced 5% as the Aspects become more powerful. Looks like at least at this time that it's not on a timer, so it won't be - at least for now - each month another 5% nerf based on the choice to use to the buff.

had a 7% H Hagara wipe to the enrage timer, which considering we had been wiping on the first electric phase earlier in the week was pretty good progress.

Archived