Mafia 84: The Festival of Lights

House Targaryen

Why would he lie about having an idol?

He could be attention grabbing or attempting to deflect suspicion from his question about the idols by casually attempting to verify his status as an RI. Or he could be a symp or FM hoping soeone will guard him to prevent the theft of the idol. Honestly he just reeks and ne players can be landed with evil roles.

I'll have to go back and read Gaddi. I didn't see anything strange in his posts earlier, and I really don't like bandwagoning for no reason.

I'm very questionable about Mattathias - For the reasons I posted above. Something was just very off about that whole thing.

Onias - the idol thing seems weird. Why would an innocent be given an idol they can't use? I'll have to think about that. Something's not sitting right with me. I know that he posted first and said something about Gaddi, but then jumping in hours later to post it as well without a reason. It's off.

Earlier I wondered about Hyrcanus, but I think the reservations I had about him were just personality based. I think he's really trying to figure out things.

I wonder about Aristobulus - for the reasons I noted above. I don't see the point of jumping in and attacking people to disappear. It gives me the feeling like he's trying to stir up trouble to divert attention from himself and hide behind the "hey that's what innocent people do". It feels forced to me. I'd like to see him offer some genuine ideas that are not reacting to other people's posts. It's like his Menelaus vote. Really, his post where he said he was going to work was demonstrating a nervous scum vibe? It could be true but it seems like a weird reason to vote for someone.

There's something that bothers me about Menelaus, but I can't place my finger on it. I could be off base with this one. I need to read over and think.

ETA: the word "not" so the sentence made sense.

Even though I have had a beard fight earlier with my brother Jonathan, my other younger brother Eleazar has struck me as most suspicious for his odd town reads. Odd because I don't believe anyone has said anything yet that could be construed to be pro-town. Added to this, the fact that Eleazar refuses, or simply hasn't yet, explained his reason for concluding that Aristobulus & Mattathias are probably town.

Other than this, the only other suspicious thing I've seen is Lysimachus seeming to buddy and agreeingw with Eleazar for no reason as well.

btw, the Gaddi vote was a complete joke. It's unfortunate that people have jumped on the wagon so hastily. Beware of people jumping onto wagons.

Eleazar Maccabee

This is not a good reason, unless you think he's setting you up somehow.

Well, the fact that he's jumped on Gaddi's wagon for no apparent reason makes me wonder at his true intentions? Sowing dischord?

Why do those comments make you think he's evil?

I believe Chana stated fairly clearly here why there's reason to question Matt.

Fine - someone else did mention it earlier, but I'd like to ask Mattathias about that strange couple posts. First, where he mentioned having jelly that he wanted to get rid of, but that someone would need to prove to him that they were really really innocent. Then, he claimed that he had very good reason to suspect he would be NK'd on night one.

For the first post. I'd like to know what he's thinking. I can't tell if it's an incredibly dumb newbie move or if it's scum pretending to be an innocent while trying to find out who the innocents were. I don't know what to make of this move. It's had me puzzled ever since I read it.

Second, why would he have good reason to suspect he'll be NK'd on night one? What does he think he's done or had been planning to do by that point? He voted for Menelaus. Does he think that Menelaus is scum and won't be lynched and will be coming after him, because other than that I have no idea why he thinks he has more of a chance than any of the rest of us to be NK'd on night one.

But, like I said, he's going to be away for the next 11 hours, so I can't ask him these questions.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's a Helenist, however...

Pay attention.

Honestly, I'm trying. I'm just not quite sure where you're pointing your finger.

I feel Chana also raises a good point here.

I have a question for Onias as well though. Why did you ask that question about the idols? It seems pretty clear in the rules that only evil people can use idols, but the way you asked the question it kind of made me wonder if you did have an idol.

That made me wonder, does anyone know for sure if we have or don't have a sympathizer?

Archived