Mafia 84: The Festival of Lights

House Targaryen

btw, is there an easier way to browse all of a player's posts itt other than going through every single page and looking for their posts manually?

Yes, hover over the person you want to read, and click on "find content" Then click on "only posts" in the box to the left. All of the person's posts will be brought up.

My thoughts exactly.. I believe it's too early yo be saying things like that.. although as usual there is a 50/50 chance of getting it right... at least on day one.. that is..

Surely, the chances of guessing a townie correctly on Day 1 has to be around 75-80% depending on how the mods have decided to distribute the alignments, yeah?

All the same, I don't see how someone such as Eleazar could possibly be as confident as he sounds about a two players' alignments on Day 1 in any case.

That made me wonder, does anyone know for sure if we have or don't have a sympathizer?

I think the only person who could know that, besides H.H., is the sympathizer. If there is one, of course.

I'll have to disagree with my sister Judas when she says Eleazar's reads are odd, because he had read Aristobulus as town and after going through Aristo's posts I think he's town too.

Remove vote.

I'm changing my vote to Aristobulus for being generally suspicious, playing the Helpful Guy while at the same time calling others suspicious for playing the Helpful Guy.

Even if you don't have a ton of suspicion for anybody, just throw down a vote on the person who your gut is going against the most. If you change your mind later, you can always remove it.

Its useful. Trust me.

There will never be any evidence unless you push for information. At the very least, use your vote.

Who do you think benefits when everyone just sits here talking about nothing? The evil team.

Post it anyway. Sometimes the questions are just as important as the answers.

You're kind of just sitting around, dropping in with "helpful" comments like rules clarifications every once in a while. what a nice guy!

suspicious

Just finished going through Habim's posts. Highest scum read so far. Probably team with Judah as they both didn't react well to Eleazar's reads.

So, Habim it is.

I don't know if I'll be able to come back before the deadline, so that may be my final vote.

I feel comfortable with that vote. I'm in a strange position.I don't really feel like I have any valid reason to be voting for Gaddi, but if I don't that would shift the highest number of votes to be lynched on my own head, and that seems somewhat counterproductive.

Last call before the deadline. I am doing a quick re-read, but if I don't find anything particualrly odd, my vote will stay on John Hyrcanus. He seemed way too awkward and forced. And he seemed to agree with anoyone and everyone, and seemed to not really pay attention to questions nor interorations. Plus, we need the CF, since he had a lot of interaction with everybody. Even if he is town, his CF will provide helpful info.

I feel comfortable with that vote. I'm in a strange position.I don't really feel like I have any valid reason to be voting for Gaddi, but if I don't that would shift the highest number of votes to be lynched on my own head, and that seems somewhat counterproductive.

:lol: Just proves my case more. What a surprise, he agrees with another person.

Mattathias, do you care to explain yourself? A few people have commented on the weirdness of your posts, you seem convinced that you were going to be killed right away and that you needed to get rid of your jelly, without every attempting to explain why.

You also seem to have posted just enough to not look suspicious but barely say anything about the game, a lot of you posts are just comments about Hannukah and the historical characters involved. You also made a throw away lynch vote just because someone name sounded Greek.

And Aristobulus I have a question for you as you wanted to point out my posts have had little value, even though they've been part of legitimate rules questions.

What value have you offered? None of your posts have been demonstrating any of your real thoughts. Each and every post has been an attack on someone, pulling out something they stated and telling them why what they said was irrelevant, suspicious, defensive, etc. In essence, you're playing the bully but you've added no value of your own. And by your own standards adding no value is suspicious.

Maybe it's time for you to stop being so reactive to other people and start offering something valuable of your own.

I'm curious - how do you think people are supposed to figure out this game? What do you mean when you say "offer something valuable of your own"?

The best way to play this game is to be reactive to other people, especially on day 1. By asking questions, and forcing people to make decisions and commit to positions, you gain information. The value of that information may be immediately apparent, in the rare times that you get an awkward response that triggers your suspicion or you catch somebody in a contradiction. But more likely, its going to be something that will help you down the road. When you're rereading on day 4 and you look back and realize that somebody listed another player as "okay" on day 1, but then they called that person "a top suspect" on day 2, and there wasn't any reason for it, then you've got something to work with.

My approach has value, even if you can't see it. The fact that you're even questioning this means you're either evil or rather clueless on how to effectively play the game.

Aside from that - the people who I'm attacking are the ones who I think are often the ones who I think are most suspicious. What would make you think that I haven't shared any of my real thoughts? For example, I do find you suspicious for sticking to rules posts. There are a few players who I know do that all the time when they are evil. Its a safe way to contribute without provoking other people or helping us find the FM.

Even though I have had a beard fight earlier with my brother Jonathan, my other younger brother Eleazar has struck me as most suspicious for his odd town reads. Odd because I don't believe anyone has said anything yet that could be construed to be pro-town. Added to this, the fact that Eleazar refuses, or simply hasn't yet, explained his reason for concluding that Aristobulus & Mattathias are probably town.

Other than this, the only other suspicious thing I've seen is Lysimachus seeming to buddy and agreeingw with Eleazar for no reason as well.

btw, the Gaddi vote was a complete joke. It's unfortunate that people have jumped on the wagon so hastily. Beware of people jumping onto wagons.

Eleazar Maccabee

Eleazar's "evaluation without justification" is completely 100% a null tell. Of that, I feel entirely confident.

If you want to convince me that he's evil, then you'll have to come up with other evidence.

Surely, the chances of guessing a townie correctly on Day 1 has to be around 75-80% depending on how the mods have decided to distribute the alignments, yeah?

All the same, I don't see how someone such as Eleazar could possibly be as confident as he sounds about a two players' alignments on Day 1 in any case.

I meant it as if you guess someone is scum.. you can either be right or wrong.. making it a half chance of being right.. not really a mathematic model what I was trying to state =P

Also I find the idol thing either clearly town.. or a symp maneuver to make themselves known to their scumy sympee... either way I don't think Onias is a killer, so far. Although he could be a really good actor... And Chana.. I do believe he was trolling.

One thing is clear though.. Onias needs to go to Edit Rehab...

Archived