Mafia 84: The Festival of Lights

House Targaryen

Can I just come out and say that I don't really suspect anyone yet to the point of voting for them? There are a few things that have mildy niggled me about some people, but it seems like loads of the comments so far have only been half-serious and I don't want to vote for people based off of stuff like that.

In beard related news though, why does mine look faker than the Santa's at my local shopping centre?

Nearly every post you've made is about the rules. You haven't attacked or even questioned anybody. You're not really playing the game, you're just sitting back and being helpful, acting as if you're participating but not really saying anything of value. That's what the FM do. Therefore, you are suspicious.

Really? I was under the pretense that FMs kill people? ;P

Seriously, though, it's only the first day so it's my guess that people are still uneasy with the rules. We don't have much other solid info to go on yet, y'know?

Me? Hmm...maybe Lycheewhateverhisnameis. But only for also suspecting me under no real pretense.

This is not a good reason, unless you think he's setting you up somehow.

And, of course, as I've said - Matt, for his odd comments earlier.

Why do those comments make you think he's evil?

Now let's see you drop your cards on the table? What's your opinion?

Pay attention.

Can I just come out and say that I don't really suspect anyone yet to the point of voting for them? There are a few things that have mildy niggled me about some people, but it seems like loads of the comments so far have only been half-serious and I don't want to vote for people based off of stuff like that.

In beard related news though, why does mine look faker than the Santa's at my local shopping centre?

Even if you don't have a ton of suspicion for anybody, just throw down a vote on the person who your gut is going against the most. If you change your mind later, you can always remove it.

Its useful. Trust me.

Nearly every post you've made is about the rules. You haven't attacked or even questioned anybody. You're not really playing the game, you're just sitting back and being helpful, acting as if you're participating but not really saying anything of value. That's what the FM do. Therefore, you are suspicious.

What of value do you truly wish me to say? It's pretty early on day one and two of the times I've entered the conversation there has been a discussion of the rules. It's actually been the most interesting part of the conversations of the day, for me, especially as you can see I have no beard to brag about.

So, to be an innocent, you have to attack and question? On day one? Am I supposed to be questioning people about their beards? I'm sorry, I'll get right on that.

There is one person I have a question for, but he said he's not going to be back for a very long time. Why would I bother asking when he's clearly away?

What of value do you truly wish me to say? It's pretty early on day one and two of the times I've entered the conversation there has been a discussion of the rules. It's actually been the most interesting part of the conversations of the day, for me, especially as you can see I have no beard to brag about.

So, to be an innocent, you have to attack and question? On day one? Am I supposed to be questioning people about their beards? I'm sorry, I'll get right on that.

There will never be any evidence unless you push for information. At the very least, use your vote.

Who do you think benefits when everyone just sits here talking about nothing? The evil team.

There is one person I have a question for, but he said he's not going to be back for a very long time. Why would I bother asking when he's clearly away?

Post it anyway. Sometimes the questions are just as important as the answers.

Even if you don't have a ton of suspicion for anybody, just throw down a vote on the person who your gut is going against the most. If you change your mind later, you can always remove it.

Its useful. Trust me.

In my (arguably, pretty limited) experience, if I throw down a vote because of "gut feelings" I'll be forced to justify it, and then when I can't I'll be attacked because of it?

There will never be any evidence unless you push for information. At the very least, use your vote.

Who do you think benefits when everyone just sits here talking about nothing? The evil team.

Post it anyway. Sometimes the questions are just as important as the answers.

Fine - someone else did mention it earlier, but I'd like to ask Mattathias about that strange couple posts. First, where he mentioned having jelly that he wanted to get rid of, but that someone would need to prove to him that they were really really innocent. Then, he claimed that he had very good reason to suspect he would be NK'd on night one.

For the first post. I'd like to know what he's thinking. I can't tell if it's an incredibly dumb newbie move or if it's scum pretending to be an innocent while trying to find out who the innocents were. I don't know what to make of this move. It's had me puzzled ever since I read it.

Second, why would he have good reason to suspect he'll be NK'd on night one? What does he think he's done or had been planning to do by that point? He voted for Menelaus. Does he think that Menelaus is scum and won't be lynched and will be coming after him, because other than that I have no idea why he thinks he has more of a chance than any of the rest of us to be NK'd on night one.

But, like I said, he's going to be away for the next 11 hours, so I can't ask him these questions.

I have a question for Onias as well though. Why did you ask that question about the idols? It seems pretty clear in the rules that only evil people can use idols, but the way you asked the question it kind of made me wonder if you did have an idol.

Also, as far as the rules go. I've been trying to wrap my head around them and understand them. If I participate in those questions, it's because of that.

And Aristobulus I have a question for you as you wanted to point out my posts have had little value, even though they've been part of legitimate rules questions.

What value have you offered? None of your posts have been demonstrating any of your real thoughts. Each and every post has been an attack on someone, pulling out something they stated and telling them why what they said was irrelevant, suspicious, defensive, etc. In essence, you're playing the bully but you've added no value of your own. And by your own standards adding no value is suspicious.

Maybe it's time for you to stop being so reactive to other people and start offering something valuable of your own.

It is Day One. Sixteen Players Remain.

Nine votes are required to lynch or eight to go to night.

1 vote for Eusebon (Jonathan Maccabee)

2 votes for John Hyrcanus (John Gaddi, Lysimachus)

4 votes for John Gaddi (Judah Maccabee, John Hyrcanus, Menelaus, Onias)

2 votes for Menelaus (Mattathias, Aristobulus)

1 vote for Onias (Simeon)

Six players have not voted: Antonin, Chana, Eleazar Maccabee, Eusebon, Guriah, Habim

Items in the pot:

Hanukkah gelt x ?

Oil (E) x 2

Candle (P) x 2

Jelly (E) x 1

Today, Lysimachus will spin the dreidl.

Archived