brashcandy

ETA: I do actually agree with Brash, I was just giving a quick and dirty answer. :)

Quick and dirty works for me ;)

But if it comes down to Dany/Dragons and the Starks, then he will go to the Starks. Now, that may mean he'll have to deal with fire, but he won't side with it.

Yeah, I think the Starks and the Targs will end up aligning with each other, led by the ultimate Ice and Fire champion in Jon Snow. :P . Fire and ice are both destructive in their extreme states anyhow, so Sandor and everyone else has to learn that it's about balance and compromise. If that makes sense.

Yeah, I think the Starks and the Targs will end up aligning with each other, led by the ultimate Ice and Fire champion in Jon Snow. :P . Fire and ice are both destructive in their extreme states anyhow, so Sandor and everyone else has to learn that it's about balance and compromise. If that makes sense.

LOL no brah he's dead for good. Dead dead dead deader than dead.

jk, you know I'm totes trolling you.

Emotionally constipated as Sandor is, and I've no argument on that score, still it would require an external source of ignition to set him aflame.

This is certainly true for everything we've seen of him thus far. But we do not yet know who this man is who is going to emerge from the Quiet Isle. I've argued before that there are going to be aspects of him that will be substantially different. Above all, if EB did his job right, and if the Hound's character development continues in the trajectory it appeared to be going (with more awareness of the ethical implications of his actions) then we may very well see a guy that's not primarily characterized by ethical inertia. Although if he's not characterized by being a foul-mouthed dickhole to people that deserve it, I will be disappoint.

And as to fighting UnGreg if Sansa were in danger? Sure. But let's not forget Arya -- I'm absolutely certain he'd do the same for her.

Actually, his words to Arya at the RW, just before she runs away, where he asks her to take his hand so he can save her, to me are basically just as powerful as what he said to Sansa when he asked her to leave (before his asshole switch flipped). What's interesting is that Sansa rejected his offer to save her. So he left -- after being an asshole and hearing the song. Then Arya rejected his offer to save her. And he said "fuck that, I'm saving her anyway." That's growth, people.

btw, I am much more inclined to forgive the axe than the dagger for this reason.

Then Arya rejected his offer to save her. And he said "fuck that, I'm saving her anyway." That's growth, people.

We'll take it! :lol:

btw, I am much more inclined to forgive the axe than the dagger for this reason.

That's understandable. Sansa's life was genuinely at risk in that moment. Sandor had completely detached from all sane, rational thinking.

Quick and dirty works for me ;)

I agree! I thought I was the only one who thought this was going to happen (Ice and Fire aligning, and the story being about balance). And the Sandor love, always. :)

Then Arya rejected his offer to save her. And he said "fuck that, I'm saving her anyway." That's growth, people.

Bit of a tangent here, but it annoys me more than it should that Arya never once acknowledged, even to herself, that he probably saved her life by getting her away from the Red Wedding. But then, she wouldn't be the obstinate little wolf we all know and love if she had.

I'm not nearly as convinced as you are that he'd be as willing to fight unGregor for her, though. As much as he came to like her, I don't think she meant that much to him. Sorry. I STILL LOVE ME SOME ARYA-HOUND INTERACTION THOUGH. ETA: I just realized that sounded like a Sandor-Sansa > Sandor-Arya comparison, and since I didn't mean it that way, I will say that I'm not entirely convinced he'd do it just for Sansa, either. At least not anymore than he'd do it for anyone who was in danger from unGregor. See: Loras Tyrell.

I've been thinking about Littlefinger and his low-born status getting in the way of being an eligible match for first Cat and later Sansa (Cersei denied his original request to marry S). I don't think that he ever loved Cat, but rather saw her as a "prize" of highborn status. And now, via the game, he's manipulating his way into a higher status with Sansa as the prize.

And how does this relate to Sandor? Well, he's also technically too low-born to be an eligible match for Sansa. But I'm hoping that -- endgame -- Sansa ends up choosing Sandor for love... which would be a bitter and ironic pill for LF whose spent so much effort orchestrating his own rise and winning Sansa.

And how does this relate to Sandor? Well, he's also technically too low-born to be an eligible match for Sansa. But I'm hoping that -- endgame -- Sansa ends up choosing Sandor for love... which would be a bitter and ironic pill for LF whose spent so much effort orchestrating his own rise and winning Sansa.

Littlefinger AND Tyrion must both know that they were rejected in favor of Sandor. The
that I will experience will be nothing short of delicious.

I want to know about everyone's "She chose HIM?" reaction. But, yes, absolutely mandatory that LF and Tyrion both know that she chose Sandor and she chose him FOR LOVE.

Tyrion will wig out because Sandor is hideous (and he gets rejected for his appearance) and his social inferior. Littlefinger will wig out because Sandor is ugly and his social inferior (when he was rejected, thrice, for social status). This is one of the biggest reasons why SanSan must happen. LF and Tyrion must suffer, more.

Bit of a tangent here, but it annoys me more than it should that Arya never once acknowledged, even to herself, that he probably saved her life by getting her away from the Red Wedding. But then, she wouldn't be the obstinate little wolf we all know and love if she had.

That irritates me too. But, she is 11 and lost her mom. But I'd like to see her acknowledge this at some point.

I'm not nearly as convinced as you are that he'd be as willing to fight unGregor for her, though. As much as he came to like her, I don't think she meant that much to him. Sorry. I STILL LOVE ME SOME ARYA-HOUND INTERACTION THOUGH. ETA: I just realized that sounded like a Sandor-Sansa > Sandor-Arya comparison, and since I didn't mean it that way, I will say that I'm not entirely convinced he'd do it just for Sansa, either. At least not anymore than he'd do it for anyone who was in danger from unGregor. See: Loras Tyrell.

So, this brings me to an old question: why would he intervene and save Loras Tyrell's life? Loras doesn't mean anything to him, and he'd have plenty of other chances to get back at Gregor. Did he save Loras' life to prevent Greg from getting in trubs and potentially being executed by the king? Maybe I just answered my own question. Because in retrospect, it seems, hmm, a bit more "selfless" than I'd expect, and certainly in direct opposition to the "strong rule" speech he gave to Sansa.

Unless he and Loras were having an affair! *ducks and runs*

So, this brings me to an old question: why would he intervene and save Loras Tyrell's life? Loras doesn't mean anything to him, and he'd have plenty of other chances to get back at Gregor. Did he save Loras' life to prevent Greg from getting in trubs and potentially being executed by the king? Maybe I just answered my own question. Because in retrospect, it seems, hmm, a bit more "selfless" than I'd expect, and certainly in direct opposition to the "strong rule" speech he gave to Sansa.

You'd better duck and run, because if try to start shipping LoSan or LoDor I will troll you mercilessly where ever you go! :fencing:

Actually, now I think about it, Sandor's own "She chose ME???!!! :eek: " reaction would be pretty damn priceless, too.

That is totes why. It is known.

Especially if he bragged about it to Arya.... and she would say, "But you're so ugly!"

You'd better duck and run, because if try to start shipping LoSan or LoDor I will troll you mercilessly where ever you go! :fencing:

OMG Lodor!!! Even better because it rhymes with Hodor!

So, where does the Hound land on the Kinsey scale, do you think? Is there even a snowball's chance in hell that I'll get my wish?

But back to the concept of schadenfreude, an emotion of which I heartily approve, btw: it seems to me that LF has probably enjoyed quite a bit of this in his time. Payback will be a bitch.

I wouldn't mind getting Ned's postmortem perspective on it, either.

Paranormal postmortem head asplode!

(But -- we should be careful here: not only has Pod become jealous, but I don't want the mods to kill our lovely Sandor thread. Totes not meaning to be rude or anything.)

That irritates me too. But, she is 11 and lost her mom. But I'd like to see her acknowledge this at some point.

I think that his inner "true knight" spilled out --- especially after having witnessed the first squire get killed during his joust w/ the mountain. One of the early hints that maybe The Hound is actually kinda a good guy (or could be a good guy).

I think that his inner "true knight" spilled out --- especially after having witnessed the first squire get killed during his joust w/ the mountain. One of the early hints that maybe The Hound is actually kinda a good guy (or could be a good guy).

Agreed. For all that Sandor could be kind of a bully himself*, and could condone it in others (Joff), he seems to be sort of protective of people who are bullied by Gregor and his goons. In ASoS, just before his fight with Polliver and the Tickler, he warned the innkeeper to take his (Sandor's) money because he knew the others weren't going to pay, and he even gave Polliver and the Tickler some grief over how they were planning to treat the innkeeper. I guess his own experience with Gregor made him unusually sympathetic and protective of people who are bullied by him, either directly or indirectly.

* in the early books, at least

Archived